Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 6:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Eastern Standard Time

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 2, 2003 11:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, I finally went and made the switch to EST. It is coming up okay for everyone?

If someone lives outside of this time zone, could you tell me whether or not this post was made at 11:32 or thereabouts?

I have no idea what was even wrong with the original time function used in these forums, but it was very wrong nonetheless. I have replaced it with the timer I am using for the BD tournaments now. I just want to be sure that the localtime Perl function uses the time of the server and not that of the viewer. I am pretty sure that s how it goes...
draggy1234

Member #97

Aug 2, 2003 11:53
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, the time is coming up ok for me. However, I live in EST time, so it might not reflect the times others see.
Zedd

Member #76

Aug 2, 2003 23:04
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I live quite a way away from eastern standard time, and it says 11:34 for me...
- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm
draggy1234

Member #97

Aug 3, 2003 22:59
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well now the post times are out of order!
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 3, 2003 23:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, not really. I thought so, too, when I first looked at them, but that is only the display. They cannot be out of order since all ordering using UTC, which calculates time based on the seconds that have passed since January first, 1970.

What you are seeing, rather, is the lack of ante and post meridian markings. I really should put those up; that, or just use military time. I think that is how it worked before.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 6:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022