Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 11:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Hi!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 30, 2003 18:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I know that at least FFVII and FFVIII are on the PC.
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
Camo

Member #5

Nov 1, 2003 20:48
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I myself prefere real based fighting, turn based is just too boring and easy for my liking (sry to all you "BUT ITS ALL ABOUT STRATEGY" lads and ladettes, but strategy isn't chalenging). I would like to see a realy good combat system (like soulcalibour:o) in an RPG, good combat system and so walking about and combat arnt 2 different screens. Whats pretty cool is good ol PSO, its like a turn based game but not, its pretty much what you get if you get a turn based game and take out the little turn based bit, quite nice.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 2, 2003 17:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That is because you, sir, are an idiot. Turn-based is way harder than real action. You just have never played a real-to-life classic RPG like FFI and those others in which you actually ran a good chance of dying.
  Even in FFX and the arena in VII run you a good chance of dying unless you do everything very specific.

Speaking of X, that was turned based, thus disproving your theory on all the recent FF's being non-turn based.
Camo

Member #5

Nov 3, 2003 5:41
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually yeah, V11s arena was pretty sexy, but still anyone could do it if they wanted to!

Oh and cheers for your kind compliments.
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Nov 3, 2003 11:48
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Oct 30, 2003 13:41, Battalon127 said:

Rather than making games only realtime or turnbased, they should be giving you an option to choose your preferred battle style.

Hmm, like Chrono Trigger has, but maybe during active have your opponents able to attact even if you're using items or such? That'd be interesting...er, does any game already have this?

On Nov 2, 2003 17:03, MintMan said:

That is because you, sir, are an idiot. Turn-based is way harder than real action.

Ah, but this would have everything that turn based would, but you would have to keep up with the speed, too! Hard? Of course!

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Nov 3, 2003 11:51]
Camo

Member #5

Nov 5, 2003 4:01

Haha, I know why theres all those "turn based is harder" lads and ladettes now, last night I was somewhat unsober and was playing a real time action(RPG? - had a story, I remember the start scared me cause I had my eyes closed and the room was dark!) called Mystic Heros or something like that, I sat there tapping A repeatedly for about 3 hours untill I began to sober up, haha, was funny.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Nov 26, 2003 4:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm, after playing a game called Medievia for a few weeks, I think real time can be harder...
writer77

Member #4

Nov 26, 2003 10:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mystic Heroes? *Shudders*

That wasn't a very good game. I don't remember why anymore, but that's just because I won't let myself play it again. I do remember that there was way too many horrible voice effects. If I recall correctly, one of the girl characters said "Hey! Leave some for me!" Over and over.... and over again.

Bad experiences of the past aside, I prefer turn-based battle systems, but action-based ones are okay sometimes. It's just that it's harder to do a turn-based battle system right, and make it fun. I can really only think of a few games that have executed a turn-based system almost flawlessly. Final Fantasy X and Skies of Arcadia Legends comes to mind.

(I'm hopin' I didn't say anything that's already been said. I just read this last page.)

(Also, It's not too likely that I'll post again here. I would hate to contribute to the downfall of the "Most Hours" post. But if I have to, I might.)
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Camo

Member #5

Nov 28, 2003 20:37

Why not make a reply on most hours and created a battling saga between 2 great threads?
msanis

Member #7

Nov 28, 2003 21:43
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well.. the original goal was to get to 12 pages... and.. we never did. I guess i'll make a post about something that has been bothering me of late. I friend of mine gave me his FF7 Cds, and to my utter dissatisfaction; it does not work on my computer AT ALL. I've spent three days (doing nothing but trying to fix it) just staring at the computer screen. It really sucks... I guess I never will see this great game for myself...
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Rook

Member #112

Nov 29, 2003 17:00
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Last time I checked the longest post was 14 pages. That means we have to get to 15.
This post was probably spam. Mmmmm... spam.
Hated

Member #132

Nov 29, 2003 17:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Tell me....

what is the point of reaching page 15?

•Chaos•
Arlen

Member #107

Nov 29, 2003 19:26
Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Nov 29, 2003 17:31, Hated said:

what is the point of reaching page 15?

Forty-two.

All jokes having to do with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy aside, I suppose the desire to reach page fifteen can be squarely blamed on boredom. Or the desire to be able to say we can do it. Or Saddam Hussein.
-Arlen

"As I gnaw on this wire, I pause to wonder what being electricuted feels like..."

[Editted by Arlen on Nov 29, 2003 19:28]
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 29, 2003 21:39

Hitchhiker's rocks. I took a nerd test once in which one of the questions, er, fields was. "I know.... that forty-two is the answer."

Oh six-by-nine, could ya get any funnier? I heard that they were going to be making a new visual version of that. Here is hopin' that they pay it due tribute.

Lousy "Hi" post. Stuff of use keeps popping up in it, thus preventing me from deleting other stuff.
msanis

Member #7

Nov 29, 2003 23:24

Well then, here's goin' to 15! It just keeps goin' on and on and on and on...

On a more interesting note, I have news of a project. Anyone who played Chrono Trigger should know that it was one of the best games (if not THE best game)of it's time. Ladies and Gentleman (and wierd drunkard people), I bring to you... the Chrono Trigger Remake Project!!! The goal is to totally recreate Chrono Trigger in FULL 3D, as well as add some small minigames and other things for replayability's sake. I REALLY like this idea... and it's being made at:

http://spectralwars.planetaclix.pt/

I highly recommend you to at least take a look... it's VERY interesting... and cool

***End Advertisement***

ok, sorry for that. I really do like the idea... I could see where what I said earlier could seem like an ad though. Main reason for all that nonsense was because the team could use a bit more feedback on their project. Only a select-few people even KNOW about the site. so..take a look around, and feel free to help 'em out.

So... I spent another two days trying to get FF7 to work, but to no avail. I'm really depressed now... I feel as though I'm being held back from playing another of the best rpgs...EVER! I have a great feeling of need to beat the hell out of my computer with a giant sledgehammer right now... ;(
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 30, 2003 23:03

Here comes the motha frikkin hamma of FF7. Sit down and shu' up.
  1st!!!!
  You had the option of Active(real time) recommended(stops clock for decsions) and wait(turn based) SO THERE WAS THE GAME YOU COULD CHOOSE. It makes a difference. Trust me.
  You had a choice of how difficult a battle was by the materia you used. SO WHAT IF YOU CAN DEFEAT THE GONZO WEAPON OF THE 80'S WITH THE MOST POWERFUL SPELL OF THE GAME? You could have tried for the challenge
  If you can't get the game, check on Ebay for it, or just shell out $50 bucks and get the system a memory card and the game. There are plenty of PSX games that still rule the world from their used shelves.
  Lastly, since Cloud makes a camo in kingdom hearts, isn't that a slight real time battle system? It may not be as advanced as Soul calibur 2, but since Link is in the gamecube version of SC2, what about Wind Waker? Legend of Dragoon had a turn based fighting system that you could combo with. How weird is that? Get out there and buy it for $9.99. Oh hey, if you can find it, get Tobal #1. There's a PSX game that everyone was POed about because Tobal #2 never came out in the US. That was a true battle RPG. Hands down. Thank you and good night.
Camo

Member #5

Dec 1, 2003 5:52

Dunno if you were talking to me but I dont have a playstation, even if I did, I wouldn't get kingdom hearts, the only Disney products I would ever buy is the odd disney pez dispencer.
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 1, 2003 15:20

Avast ye! Man of Mint! We are being bombarded by spam! Raise the anchor! Lower the sails!
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Dec 1, 2003 18:05

On Dec 1, 2003 15:20, boyachi said:

Avast ye! Man of Mint! We are being bombarded by spam! Raise the anchor! Lower the sails!

Sails lowered! Anchor raised! Aye!
  Prepare to return fire!
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Apr 19, 2024 11:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022