Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 24:04 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Stupid Layout

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 26, 2003 15:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, neat. Your art gallery is now sorted in groups.

Anywho, why wait for Camo? I had to make a drop-link thingy on my brother's site once, and I think I can remember how it goes. You are talking about combo boxes, right?

<select onChange="if(selectedIndex>0) document.URL = value;">
  <option>- Link 0' Rama -</option>
  <option value="/index.html">Splash</option>
  <option value="/league">RE League</option>
  </select>

[Editted by MintMan on Jun 26, 2003 20:45]
Camo

Member #5

Jun 28, 2003 2:12
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I used to have a drop down box menu thing?

I need to stop abusing my brain, my memory ia f***ed!!
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 28, 2003 10:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My system is totally absurd. It's a Table of Contents frame at the top, that changes background every time you click something...or tries to do that, anyway. I think it's pretty effective, but I want to know you people's opinions?

http://www.smfc.us is the address.

Starry background always there? I am seriously so going to smash that old monitor.
  *looks for Mario's Ultra Hammer*
  *forget that, looks for the Master Sword*
  *takes out his rage on an innocent work of metal*

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -------------------------
  Did you know that if you put all the economics teachers in the world you would still not come to a definite conclusion?
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jul 2, 2003 14:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thanks MM, but that's not what I mean. *thinks of a way to explain* It's like when you go to my computer and go through different folders with out it popping up in a new menu...that probably doesn't help...
  Uhhh, Camo, if you haven't completely cleared out your old site you could just give the url. I now know how I could get the code from your site it you haven't deleted it yet.
  LE, the drop down thing is cool, but I don't really care for the layout. Sorry, I really shouldn't be talking.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 3, 2003 9:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh, I think you mean a pop-up, not a drop-down.

Sometimes they pop downward, but I think they are always called pop-up menus to avoid confusion with drop-downs/combo boxes.

Hmmm, I would suggest looking for their code on some big JavaScript source site or something like that. I never used them because of their tendacy to flub-up, especially on different browsers.
Camo

Member #5

Jul 6, 2003 8:06
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My old sites are s***

TST rules! Now tell me people, I need to know, am I getting better at photography? does anyone wanna gimme some pointers?
THE SHINY THINGS - My webby, come join the forum, its not incredibly absene or nothing, no way!
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jul 6, 2003 16:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thanks MM! I just didn't know what they were called and now that I do I'll be ok. It'll probably be awhile until I actually use it on my site, but it'll make a huge difference, so ThankS!

Oh, and Camo, I'm the last person you should be asking for pointers.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Camo

Member #5

Jul 8, 2003 1:50

Damn Holidays can get boring :S.

Anyone got any recomendations on what I should do for my site between playing bass, gigs and partys?

and I would also like to thank ol man of mint for that dropdown box poo. Consider it taxed!

[Editted by Camo on Jul 8, 2003 13:05]
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 10, 2003 13:31
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

CAMO!!! You have got to tell me how you did that sidebar menu thing now!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, thats what I've been looking for for weeks
Teamsters, so lazy and surly..
  Homer

Check it, and give me tips too cause i suck
  http://angelfire.com/gundam/vinnyd/index.html
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jul 11, 2003 13:50

I know how you can get it VinnyD! Just go to his site, then go to View, then go down to source and WOW! It's magic. I still can't find one that I like that will actually work on my site, so every one else here will be all set up before I even find my evil code.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 11, 2003 16:24
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

yeah thanks, that really helps If I could of done that I .....wait i didn't do that did I

Yep, doesn't work something about applets or applications or somehting

[Editted by VinnyD on Jul 11, 2003 22:30]
Camo

Member #5

Jul 12, 2003 3:46

Hmmm.... A while back mum gave me all these premade java things to go through, and I made that menu, then I got XP and due to it being not quite a legal version, it took quite some time to find a way to run java on it.
  Now it does use java, I redid the applet, and waked her up. Hey what a story!
VinnyD

Member #9

Jul 12, 2003 22:44

hey I need that menu!!! Gimme help!!! Eithewr tell me or send me a file or something!!! GAFHLKRJMHKGFGHJM!!!!
Teamsters, so lazy and surly..
  Homer

Check it, and give me tips too cause i suck
  http://angelfire.com/gundam/vinnyd/index.html
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 13, 2003 24:02

Yeah, I missed the boat on this whole cool background thingy and the awesomer music. This thing still looks white to me and there is no cool polwhirl that looks like it's about to do an energy attack.
  (Obviously I found out about this from my friends house who has XP and cable. I have DSL and umm... 98. Would the 98 be the problem?)
Soon, the time will come. The Summer of the Dawn.
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 13, 2003 23:02

Whoa, white you say? You don't have CSS disabled on your compy, do you? I would think not, elsewise the rest of RE would look buggered to you as well.

Hmmm, the only thing I can dream up is that something is not quite caching correctly. Try going into the PokeBox and refreshing the page. Resubmit form data and everything else it asks for you to do.
  If that does not fix it... umm, hey, is the entire screen white for you? Is there still blue text on black at the top? You could just have your resolution really small and thus unable to see

[Editted by MintMan on Jul 14, 2003 4:04]
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 15, 2003 22:13

Um...what is this CSS? I have the gray and black reality's end .com button and the Battling dragons button and those other gray and black text buttons and a big gray border box around the white space with black "reply" in it. and I have the smileys right as I'm typing this. As well as things like the battling dragons broken sphere and the other sphere like things with pictures in them like poliwhirl. asside from hypertext and the MIDI thingy otherwise,the text is black and the background color is white
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 16, 2003 24:28

Whoa, you are seeing things messed-up. Reality's End is actually black and blue. You must have importing of CSS disabled.

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. It is an easier way to format a web page that complements HTML. I store mine in a seperate file, and I know that does not work for some browsers; usually those browsers are the ones that also cannot import JavaScript, and I do not care about those guys since you need to import JScript in order to play any of my games.
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 16, 2003 15:19

hey! I founda poliwhirl css... Ida kno what to do to open it,so i'm gonna f(&*( around in internet explorer properties
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 19, 2024 24:04 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022