Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 21:29 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Bad Friday

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 26, 2003 15:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

One week after Good Friday comes... Bad Friday! Brought to you by Reality's End.

So, did anyone realize that the entire site was screwed up? There were no forums and all Battling Dragons creatures were set a few levels back?

My host was moving some stuff around, and for a while, they had to use an older version of the site from about April fourth or so.

The reason I say this is because I received no e-mails complaining about familiars being screwed up or anything. There were no forum posts, and I know the error was there for a while before I was able to put any blocks up against it.
  Did anyone get anything negative from the whole experience or what?
msanis

Member #7

Apr 27, 2003 17:01
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, not any changes to my account. Destroyer is still a level 8 Niddhog hatchling (as he has been for months...). I never really noticed anything nhad happened...
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 27, 2003 20:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow. I feel smart. I was the first person to notice that anything was weird at all, and it wasn't even my fault! Oh....I also figured something else out. Last week I was visiting my site from school and Artimis's exp wasn't going up from the views, and then all of a sudden it just popped up this weekend. Wow. I probably would have noticed how the site got changed sooner, but nobody ever challenges me on BD anymore. I just don't get it. Everyone challenges my sister, that is the same level as I am, but not me. I'm pretty sure that it's not because they know they can't beat me, because my record would say other wise. Ummm...the topic...Everything seems to be back to normal. (I know because I had a challenge over a week ago and I haven't had one since)

Oh! Don't say that I should be doing more challenging myself, because nobody ever responds when I do. Either that or they decline.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

[Editted by SailorSassyStar on Apr 28, 2003 1:26]
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Apr 27, 2003 20:46
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm, I've had had trouble with the site just not being there.

Hey, SSS, I'll fight ya!

Be aware that JW is at level 5, though, so it'd drop your valor a bit...

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Apr 28, 2003 1:49]
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 27, 2003 23:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, if you challenge her, she would lose no valour. That is part of the "stupidity clause" I installed that allows for higher-level people to crush the lower-leveled ones foolhardy enough to challenge them.

No hit-XP from your school compies could be for a number of reasons. There is a safety installed to prevent an adoptable from receiving hit-XP from the same IP address twice in a row. That, or, if the same computer was used in viewing the creature, it could have been using a cached script and therefore would not load it to increase the XP.

Yeah, you are at the levels where the members sorta dry up. You should really try taking on some 'Hoggs. I am sure there is someone up there stupid enough to fight you, even if they are of a higher level.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 28, 2003 12:34

On what do you base that you were one of the first people to notice anything wrong? I mean, you have no means of knowing just how many people learned of it before you. I mean, I found it before Ems even did!

And of course no one is gonna fight with you, you're a Hrimfaxi! That's the top of the food chain. More or less, every other creature will fall to you due to your possession of a magic attack and/or astronomical magic defense. Granted, their are a few that might offer a 50/50 gamble, but when do coin flips ever obey that principle in real life?

Your sister, on the other hand, while still near the top of the food chain (or would that be "fight chain"?), has no magical attacks, thus bringing rejoicing to the overwhelmingly-low Virtued creatures of BD.

So, just do what everyone else does: Fight Zendrix 'cuz he's a 'tard!
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 29, 2003 21:58
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

SSS has a sister?

And I thought the Nidhogg was at the top of the food chain. Well, it's at the peak of the publicity chain, anyways.

.....And the Kamaitachi has been forgotten completely....nurtz. Stupid Hrimfaxis. *notices that Ice beats Wind* *runs*

LieutenantEagle
  This is not a signature. Really. Honestly!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 30, 2003 7:09

No, that was never true. Granted, the top of the existing food chain is a Nidhogg, but only 'cuz it happens to the level forty some Entropy. Hrimfaxi, now more than every with its newly changed-to Dark type, is near impervious even to the daunting power of the Shadow Blaster.

And K.I.'s aren't forgotten, or are you forgetting that the Basilisk is the one at the bottom of the food chain, currently? * mocks the supposive "king of serpents" as it has no avian creatures to put the smack down on *
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?

SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 30, 2003 19:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok. To MadGoblin: I don't ever remember saying that I was the 1st person to notice, but I do believe I said that I was the first person to say anything. Also, your reasoning for why people challenge my sister and not me is totally bogus! I've lost almost half of my battles, while most of the losses that she's ever had have been from me. The monoceros does have a magical attack. I think you'd know that by now since DoomStar has horned the crap out of your critter so much. Forget the coin flippy thing 'cause poor Artimis has taken more than her fair share of beatings.

To LieutenantEagle: I thought that I already told you that I had a sister...and how I knew that she was some day going to pass me up in level.

To Lugiatrainer: Thanks for the offer, but I'm not quite that desperate for battle. I'd rather challenge a higher level creature and lose than to accept battle from a critter have Artimis's level just to cream it even if it doesn't effect valor.

To Mintman: I know that you can’t get multiple boosts from the same IP address, but I’d been using a different computer everyday. I’ve been here long enough to have heard that one several times. That’s why I was comfussed when nothing happened from having views from different addresses.
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 1, 2003 7:24

On Apr 28, 2003 1:23, SailorSassyStar said:

Wow. I feel smart. I was the first person to notice that anything was weird at all...

You didn't say what now? Really, tho', I didn't even think you said you were the first, and just one of the, but there it is. Strangely enough, that means we're both wrong! ... Yeah! Anyhoo, the only reason I mentioned that was to say that Ems wasn't even the first to catch the back-track. It makes him look stupid and is therefore funny. That's all. Making fun of Ems is always a hoot. * proceeds to be banned *

And 'Ceros does not have a magical attack. It has a physical attack. ie: Horn operates on the Strength attribute, not Arcane. Arcane based attacks are called magical.

Remember, kiddies, the "M.O.N.O." means "Magically Offensive? No! ... Omelet." Whew. That last "O" was pretty hard to think of.
MintMan

Member #1

May 1, 2003 13:20

Both you is wrong; I was the first to notice something fishy. I was actually checking the forums when RE just about kicked entirely. I waited just about an hour for it to come back, but then had to go to class. It was when I got home that Gobbo told me something was up (since I had not yet had a chance to recheck RE).

So ya see? Wadn't dat easy?

And Sassy, different computers may not matter. So long as they are in the same area, they may have the same IP address. I would think that doubly true if you are talking about a school that operates all compies off of the same LAN.

[Editted by MintMan on May 1, 2003 18:22]
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

May 1, 2003 16:16

I'm not to proud to realise that I was wrong, but oh well. As for the experience, as far as I know they have different IP addresses, but oh well. It's all swell and dandy now, and that's all that matters. About the monoceros, it still uses mp, doesn't it? That's what got me confussed, but now I know. Magical attack or not Aurora is still gonna kick Schrecken's butt. *checks battle log* It looks pretty close though...either way, I'm up next. Oh, I forgot to thank you for the challenge advice before. Artimis still might be in trouble though because none of the confusion spells worked. Artimis is still at full health though, so I'm not losing yet, even if her mp is already half gone. >_<
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 21:29 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022