Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 7:46 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Getting traffic

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Camo

Member #5

Apr 20, 2003 3:56
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, I was wondering, how do you get ya traffic, I dont really wanna spend more then 20 minutes on the idea, but I would really like to know how to get traffic to my site!!!!! Got heaps of users for me forum, but none come more then once, and the only reason I have any users at all is due to putting my website in mates school books, they go once then bugger off!
This is Frenzal Rhomb Link, cause they are the besterest band ever.

This is Space Ghost Link, cause hosts the best show ever, staring Zorak.
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 21, 2003 10:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The way to get traffic (the honest and true way) is to make site content that is original, unique, and growing. That way, people have to come back.

The way not to get traffic is to rely on your forum (all forums go bad when they get too much people, especially those that do not go to the main part ala Azure Heights) or to spamerize someone else's forum with stuff that you are doing like mad despite how much that web master keeps deleting your topics
Camo

Member #5

Apr 21, 2003 17:49
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What? I've been spamming this lovely little forum for years :S I spose I gotta find a place to spam full of more gullable people

Six_Grey

Member #74

Apr 21, 2003 20:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah! Spaming is bad- and wrong. They should come up with a new word for spaming, lyke badwrong or badong. Yes! From thys moment forth spaming will be known as badong!!! And I shall stand for the opposite of spaming- gnodab...
  Visit T.G.C. at http://thegreatestcomic.cjb.net

Er.... Must appease forum gods...

* gives MintMan a virtual crack *
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Apr 21, 2003 21:16
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*pokes Six_Grey*
  spammer!
Camo

Member #5

Apr 22, 2003 2:14

AAAAAAAAAGH I just realised my sig has 2 websites, BUT NOT MINE
  Arrrgghhh!
  Must fix later, also on that Dezuron s***, I did a full bodied pic of it.

Who was the bloody 3D art guru on here? I want some tips on making a good serpent like body with bryce!

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 22, 2003 13:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mmm...spam...

*prepares to defend himself from Lugiatrainer's sacrifice*

LieutenantEagle
  A very confused wanderer in the world of Golden Sun

Very swift edit:
  I just realized what the topic was, and fearing MintMan and his anti-spam attitude...

Of course, making a great website is a great way to attract people, MintMan, but only if people know about your website. If people know your website already, then MintMan's website works.

For me, since people don't know my website, I have to promote advertising. As of now, my banner is on Purple Yoshi's Page (as is hers on my website), and I am a member of Yellow Yoshi and ZGamer's NLocator.

But I don't know where your website stands.

LTN. Eagle

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Apr 22, 2003 18:28]
Camo

Member #5

Apr 22, 2003 19:56

Well I wouldn't mind having my website advertised on someone elses site, but I wouldn't like adds on mine I got a links section but, with what, 2 links
  My website could fit in the sensless stupid section maybe a bit with games and music, but mainly sensless stoner s***, so what you call that? poo?
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever THE SHINY THINGS - My bloody website!
Blug and gurt the only comic worth reading

[Editted by MintMan on Apr 24, 2003 3:46]
Ryuujin

Member #11

Apr 23, 2003 8:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My old site (before it got closed) used to pick up a lot of regular visits - mostly from sites with links to me such as MSS and HL:Pokémod, also when I'm doing big modelling projects (like I am now - go on click here to see what I mean) I find my visitor rate spikes for a couple of weeks. Those visitors would probably be more permanent if I had a msg board system... but geocities is no good for that... My old REL gym used to pick up a huge number too, so that was actually pretty good for visitor rates.

...Hey Kero what was that list of freehosts you keep flashing about? - maybe I could find one thats PHP or CGI compliant and set up a msg board.
Theres a long gap between staring at the sun, and creating a hydrogen bomb;
In the duration between them you'll just go blind.

MintMan

Member #1

Apr 23, 2003 22:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You may have the site, Eagle, but great to whom? You have a Super Mario Fan Club, do you not? That appeals to only a small portion of the web. Sure, lots of people like Mario, but how many actively seek it out? There are some, granted, but not many, and fewer band together in such a way as to migrate to your site.
  Problem is, when it comes to most video games, people usually only want strategies and cheats and the such, as larger archives such as Game FAQs usually drowns out other upstarts (unless those upstarts can compare in magnitude, which rarely happens).

The place was Click Here Free, which I know you will be able to find PHP hosting on. Odd how so many hosts give free PHP and so few give free CGI when most pay sites charge for the PHP
Camo

Member #5

Apr 24, 2003 24:58

Haha, and with most games only having a net bases for cheats and what not, I dunnoo bout that, I used to go onto a PSO webby like everynight when I had the net on my Dreamcast! PSO World I think the place was called. Bloody good site too.
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My bloody website!
Blug and gurt the only comic worth reading!
Six_Grey

Member #74

Apr 24, 2003 13:34

Camo going to a website every night!?! I can't say I believe that.
Visit: http://thegreatestcomic.cjb.net

T.G.C.

"I must kill all allies of beef jerky so I can put underpants on my head..."

Cheetarius

Member #10

Apr 24, 2003 16:41

He does it here, doesn't he?
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
Six_Grey

Member #74

Apr 24, 2003 18:59

Yeah- hence the joke. What are you a re-re?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 24, 2003 22:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey MM, not that many people are interested in mythology either, come to it.

Stupid Metroid has been drowning Mario in Metroids, er, wait, I'm confused. Anyhow, what was the point of your thing MintMan? Was it to discourage me, to insult my methods, or to insult my opinion? Whatever it is, and I don't care what it is really, for now it is not a very smart idea for me to be raving on about website popularity until I finally get the PHP/MySQL databases up on my website.

Please, no comments on the PHP thing. And yet I will still stick true to my belief that advertising is the best way of promotion.

LieutenantEagle
  Does teeny-weeny business want to be a big business someday? Awww....
Six_Grey

Member #74

Apr 24, 2003 22:48

Maybe it was to insult you as a person, LieutenantEagle. Because who really cares about your methods or opinions. You kinda sound lyke you’re trying to get up in Mints face there (his preverbal internet face- but still), I’m real sure he was trying to "discourage" you. -that was sarcasm...
   And advertisements get you no place fast. You need word of mouth and for that you need content that gets them coming back for more sweet lovin’
Cheetarius

Member #10

Apr 25, 2003 3:13

Ahem...This is a discouragement. Not harmful in any way, it's just me being extremely sleepy at 3:47 AM...Soooo....

- Discouragement -
  And you would know this HOW, Six?
  - Discouragement -
  I meant the part about "coming back for more sweet lovin'"

Yes, I know it wasn't very good, considering all the hype and hoop-la...Oh god, I'm starting to think Robin Williams... Goodnight.
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader

[Editted by Cheetarius on Apr 25, 2003 8:16]
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 26, 2003 14:51

Good'un, Cheet.

And now, back to what this thread is about. You are right, Eagle. Most people are not interested in mythology. Luckily, however, many people are interested in the combined areas of monsters, mythology, adoptions centers, and on-line games. That raises the total something significantly.

See, what you need is to make a good reason for people to promote for you. I have found that you can get some pretty good traffic from smaller sites -- family and friends of small web masters can filter through your larger site. All you need to do is give a reason for the people to link to you. Now this is where your creative thinking will come in. I dunno, something like a script that will track click-thru's from members' sites that give them some sort of little bonus.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 7:46 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022