Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 18:17 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: MY game reviews

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
msanis

Member #7

Apr 17, 2003 20:57
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Time for my annual checkin, Heya folks!

ok... i usually have a few... but this time i only have two...

Zelda: Windwaker (GCN)
  This game has been SEVERLY underestimated. Even I thought it's be wierd with how the characters looked... but it totally works out! In some cases it actually makes things better... it almost looks like an Anime in some ways. Game is pretty damn long, and there is some type o hard mode thing in the end. If you are unsure about getting it for yourself, i'd recommend renting the game to see if you can handle how it looks. Long gameplay, good storyline, many subquests, and... you actually get a SHINY master sword

Seriously though, you should at least look into it to see if it's your type of game.

Golden Sun: Lost Ages (GBA)

Well folks, im pretty sure you remember my rant about a year ago about the to be continued in the original... so... here's book 2. I honestly have not played it much, but i'll share what I DO know. Game is at least 40 hours long (longer than... MOST Gba games.) This also has more puzzles than the original, and like we predicted while i was ranting about it... You can transfer your characters from Golden Sun to the sequel. There are two ways however, you can either use a gamelink, or you can use a password. Of the passwords there are three types:
  GOLD
  Extremly long code, but gives you EVERYTHING from Golden Sun.
  SILVER
  Rather long code.... but not too bad. Gives everything but equip and money.
  BRONZE
  VERY SHORT code, however you only get your Djinn; everything else is lost.

If you decide to change the code later, you can always choose "Update".

There ya go, two pretty good games.

As for news about me, Im pretty much done with my crappy digital electronics in my Engineering class, and now we go to C++.
  Only one problem though... We wont even learn object oriented programming until next year. Basically... if I DO decide to make a game it will have to be text based... and the only game I know of the works as test based is an Rpg. I must admit though.. i did try to at least make a simple battle system to test it out... but i kinda failed miserably. I haven't practiced C++ for so long that I kinda forgot alot of things... so... don't expect to hear about me even making a game for a while.
   (When I think I know enough to make a large game.

Oh... and one more thing, I may not reply. You know how I am these days... one visit in like half a year

I didn't get master quest in the preorder thing... but i saw it in Funco land and got it for like 10 bucks. So.. i think i'll tell you a little about this oe as well...

Ok, Master quest is VERY similar to Ocarina of Time; however the main difference is that it has been made quite a bit harder. Harder as in... even the first dungeon gives a challenge.

Also, both Ocarina of Time, and Master Quest's graphics have been slightly polished. I will admit compared to other GCN games it is not really great,
  however it IS a good game, and the graphics aren't THAT bad. The game overall is good... even if you did end up paying a few bucks for it. I guess if you already have it for N64 there wouldn't be much point though... would there?

There ya go... another pointless review

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Apr 19, 2003 1:36]
Camo

Member #5

Apr 19, 2003 3:00
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have never doubted the new Zelda, I have thought it looks way better then the 64 ones from when I first saw an image, yet to see it in action, and probobly wont be released here till 2007 when you all are investing in your new nintendo console \

One thing I wanna know... Are moblins the common enemy, like the old cartoon and GB game, cause they are the best common enemy ever!
This is Frenzal Rhomb Link, cause they are the besterest band ever.

This is Space Ghost Link, cause hosts the best show ever, staring Zorak.
msanis

Member #7

Apr 19, 2003 18:24
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually... yes, they are. There are two forms of them however; Agile intelligent ones (not too strong however...). and incredible strong, DUMB, and slow moblin.

Using the tingle tuner is funny as hell to... usually my sisters would just blow me up all the time, but at time it can be useful.

Also, I believe the dark mage from Link to the past is back. He appears as a Dark figure who can fly... he always ends up shooting some giant energy ball at you (which you can hit back at him.) Also he shoots a big red one that hurts ;P

To put it simply, many old chracters, perhaps one or two missing, but also many new characters.

Oh yes, and in comparison of Ocarina of Time to Wind waker, there is no contest... windwaker wins... Graphic wise at least. In story i'd say it's a tough choice between both. Since the both got perfect tens, and Ocarina of time was one of the best, then obviously this shouldn;t be half bad to you either
The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Ryuujin

Member #11

Apr 23, 2003 8:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey just my 2 pennies on the subject - the cel-shading is an intresting concept, and it does work. But I think it'd look even better if they'd used true anime style models, and used cel-shading on them instead of pure cartoony. But thats just me, it looks awesome all the same.
Theres a long gap between staring at the sun, and creating a hydrogen bomb;
In the duration between them you'll just go blind.

Camo

Member #5

Apr 23, 2003 19:23
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Anime Link would look pretty crap, I reckon the current link looks a bit waked, but the best way to go would be to make it like all the drawn pics you all have seen from Ocarina of time, probobly in the manual and stuff, but you know what I mean. Link in Soulcalibour 2 is pretty sexy
Frenzal Rhomb - The greatest band ever
THE SHINY THINGS - My bloody website!
Blug and gurt the only comic worth reading

[Editted by MintMan on Apr 24, 2003 3:46]
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Apr 23, 2003 19:57
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Link? sexy?
  okaaaaaaaaay....
Six_Grey

Member #74

May 6, 2003 16:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Does anyone really give a crap about msanis game reviews- you know, besides msanis???

* gives msanis a virtual crack *

[Editted by Six_Grey on May 6, 2003 21:54]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 18:17 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022