Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 18:02 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: April Fools Day

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Apr 1, 2003 9:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Have any of you been pranked?
  Any been the one pulling the prank?
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 1, 2003 13:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I wanted to pull a prank. I wanted to deck out a bunch of picks for a new Battling Dragons creature called Celphie, a five-legged cow with human arms from the joints down.

'Course, that would have been just a big joke, but I could not find the time to make a fake creature much less real ones. It woulda scared people something awful tho'

I am missing all the big days -- no St. Patrick's day, no Ides of March, and now no April Fools. I am far behind the times
Ryuujin

Member #11

Apr 1, 2003 16:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just make an alternative theme that can be switched in at the press of a button in the CGI entitled "happy whatever day" and put it in whenever soemthing of intrest pops up
Theres a long gap between staring at the sun, and creating a hydrogen bomb;
In the duration between them you'll just go blind.

Camo

Member #5

Apr 1, 2003 18:28
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well our science teacher sez has anyone done the homework, and I never do class work even, so I waked me hand up and said oooh I did it, so she goes Well Cameron, explain the.... Then I jumped outta my chair and screamed April fools! Twas pretty funny considering the head teacher was at the door and loughed instead of being a grumpy cunt. Thats bout it.
This is Frenzal Rhomb Link, cause they are the besterest band ever.

This is Space Ghost Link, cause hosts the best show ever, staring Zorak.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 1, 2003 20:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My teachers really got into it. In Social Studies (history) our teacher said that we were going to have a cummulative test of all 11 chapters that we've done this year. We caught onto that one pretty quickly.
  In math our teacher handed out a quiz that wasn't beyond our capability of doing, but it looked a mess and would have taken us ages. Example: -32xy to the -third over 15x to the 5th y to the -17 times (-3)to the -3rd x to the -2nd y to the -2 over -3 to the -3rd x to the 3rd y to the 2nd X.x What a mess?

Here's my favorite of all. In science we were having a test and the teacher was about to leave the room when she comes running towards me saying "I saw that!". As everyone in the room turns and looks at her she continues to yell, now at the person sitting right next to me, "I saw that Melanie!" "huh?" "You were looking at Nikki's paper! Don't think that I didn't see you copying from the doorway!" Poor Melanie just sat there in total confussion. It was priceless ^____________^ That was my April fools day I wish every April first could be so fun!
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Apr 1, 2003 21:19
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Apr 2, 2003 2:31, SailorSassyStar said:

Example: -32xy to the -third over 15x to the 5th y to the -17 times (-3)to the -3rd x to the -2nd y to the -2 over -3 to the -3rd x to the 3rd y to the 2nd X.x What a mess?

call me crazy, but I like long algebra problems...

let's see...

-32X(Y^-3)
  --------------
  15(X^5)(Y^-17)

times

(-3)^-3(X^-2)(Y^-2)
  -------------------
  (-3)^-3(X^-3)(Y^-2)

The right is just X
  Hmm, the left doesn't simplify much, only to this:
  -32*Y^14
  --------
   15*X^4

That would mean it is (-32*Y^14)/(15*X^3)

Is that the actual problem? I know if I was pulling such a prank, I'd have it result in 0, meaning all the work would be for nothing!

Oh, I managed to avoid getting pranked!
  As for me pranking anyone, I was too lazy to.

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Apr 2, 2003 3:23]
NuoTrainer

Member #33

Apr 2, 2003 1:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Apr 2, 2003 3:20, Lugiatrainer said:
  call me crazy, but I like long algebra problems...

let's see...

-32X(Y^-3)
  --------------
  15(X^5)(Y^-17)

times

(-3)^-3(X^-2)(Y^-2)
  -------------------
  (-3)^-3(X^-3)(Y^-2)

The right is just X
  Hmm, the left doesn't simplify much, only to this:
  -32*Y^14
  --------
   15*X^4

That would mean it is (-32*Y^14)/(15*X^3)

Is that the actual problem? I know if I was pulling such a prank, I'd have it result in 0, meaning all the work would be for nothing!

Oh, I managed to avoid getting pranked!
  As for me pranking anyone, I was too lazy to.

Lol, if you thought the algebra was a little too complicated, why not integrate the answer from 1 to 5 with respect to X? ^^ That'd really freak out an algebra class...

For me, things were too sleepy to mess with anyone. I could have, just by turning around and pretending to make idle conversation (something I NEVER do) then say something like "[the preceding pointless BS has been brought to you by April Fools' Day] ^_^ "

Anyway, none of that, I spent the day sleeping and playing Pocket Monsters. On the bright side, my Saanaito won the Intelligence contest, and Bashaamo won the Coolnes Contest. If only I knew what ribbons are good for...
Anta ga otosh'ta no wa Kin no Ono ka na?

[Editted by NuoTrainer on Apr 2, 2003 7:38]
Zedd

Member #76

Apr 2, 2003 2:41

Try asking someone the square root of -1 as an april fools day joke...
Camo

Member #5

Apr 2, 2003 4:56
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

F***en hell, why does everything have to end up in crazy numbers beyond my iqlogical ability :S Frenzal and Skeppers in 2 days Also found out an ol school mate I havnt seen for about a year'll be going too, so thats full cheering. I'll be takin a digi camera too, so if it survives the night, you lads can have a look at some of the s*** I got up to :S
This is Frenzal Rhomb Link, cause they are the besterest band ever.

This is Space Ghost Link, cause hosts the best show ever, staring Zorak.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 2, 2003 12:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Apr 2, 2003 8:42, Zedd said:

Try asking someone the square root of -1 as an april fools day joke...

The mathematical definition of the square root of -1 is "i" ... *cough* I'm ashamed to know that.

Oy, 'twas a boring day for me as well. No pranking done by or at me, but I did manage, however, to get an April Fools' Day comic up for NQH. Course, it's only funny to like, two people. Sign...
Lair of Mad Goblin - Why be sane?
Home to the on-line comic Not Quite Heroes, Lost Soul, and lunacy.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 2, 2003 16:29

Lugiatrainer, I never said that I didn't know how to do it, but it'd take forever and there are way to many possible ways to screw up. Nice try though. Also, I don't have anything against algebra, but that was a bit much.
  Oh, don't feel too bad MadGoblin, I knew about the squared root of -1 too. Evil math teacher tells us all sorts of junk that we don't need to know about. I'm only in 8th grade! I don't give a crap about that junk...wait a second...I just did... I'm sorry I even brought up the subject of math.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Apr 2, 2003 22:36

On Apr 2, 2003 22:30, SailorSassyStar said:

Lugiatrainer, I never said that I didn't know how to do it

I know, I just had to solve that problem.

As for i, I've been using it a bunch since I'm in pre calculus.
Cheetarius

Member #10

Apr 4, 2003 11:25

April Fool's Day was the same as almost all other Holidays, for me - I don't celebrate it, so no-one hassles me.
- Cheetarius, Saphire Leader
Camo

Member #5

Apr 4, 2003 17:59

Man Sobriety last night was so f***en awesome, I dont think I have ever moshed so hard, plus I got 2 shirts I bought there signed by everyone but the drumer, and when another band was on, I stayed outta the mosh pit cause it wasn't my style of music, and I met Lindsay the lead guitarist of the Rhomb, what a f***en champion he is!
  and being the genius I am, I went and bought the most expensive batteries for the camera I could find, only to realise the batteries where the wrong size :S

[Editted by Camo on Apr 4, 2003 24:02]
writer77

Member #4

Apr 17, 2003 16:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*cough* I just thought I'd check back for a little while... I've been... uh... busy.

And I think that "i" is common knowledge amongst people who have at least taken Algebra II. It ain't really that hard of a concept to understand. (I felt like sayin' ain't.)

As for April Fool's Jokes, I usually don't have to plan... the jokes will come to me. Just hang around some people who don't think too fast and it'll just happen eventually. It's really funny when you turn their own joke against them.

Other Person: "Hey, your shoe's untied!"
  Me: "Yeah, it is."
  *Other person looks at my shoe*

That was pretty sad when someone fell for their own joke. I guess that was really all I did... I'm just not heartless enough to pull a big joke on anybody. Heartless probably isn't the right word there, but it'll have to work, since I'm too lazy to fix it.

*Is going back to play Dynasty Warriors 4 and Wind Waker, probably won't be back anytime soon*
Endless Horizon: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/verdegym
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 19, 2003 19:38

It's about time you got back! I challenged you about 2 weeks ago and you never resonded. Anyway, about the i thing I just started square roots and junk this week and she told us about that over 2 months ago. I'm only in algebra one, so...yah.
   Some people will fall for just about anything, like you said. They try using the oldest jokes that everyone knows too. One year when somebody pulled the same thing on me and I told them the same thing, that I knew it was untied. Then they looked down and told me that I didn't even have shoe laces, so I said that I knew that. I got them all confussed. It was actually true though. My shoe actually was untied, but it wasn't on my foot. It was my shoe keychain. That just makes me think of you signature. Sadly, it's quite true.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 18:02 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022