Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 8:09 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: The next adoption/Gaps in the research

-   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Julune

Member #486

Oct 23, 2018 17:08
Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That bestiary has lots of good stuff in it! Good job putting all that together.

...Now I’m in the mood to research some new monsters. I’ve even got a book in mind, so after I find a good English translation I can let you know if I find any cool creatures in it.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 23, 2018 19:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, I was going off of memory purely for that "What can you adopt?" list. Kinda hard to remember the slew that Ems has made, and I had a cool "two of each" theme going that I didn't really want to abandon just because it was "accurate".

The main problem with the Raicho is that I cannot draw birds. I can't draw mammals, technically, but they at least look like sumt'in' interestin'. Egg? Check. Hatchling? Check. Full grown? * fabricates a fart noise *

"Make sure you don't suck in anything you can't lift."
  "Words to live by, I'm sure."
  - Dr. Maston & Mr. Moloch, Project G.K.R.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 23, 2018 20:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* uses Yoink on MadGoblin's fart *

Wait, why would I even do such a thing?

One of the best monster resources I've ever found is Giants, Monsters, and Dragons: An Encyclopedia of Folklore, Legend, and Myth by Carol Rose. You'll have to do more digging on anything you find in there, but it is pretty expansive -- and often obscure -- in its contents.

Heck, that is the first place I found the Celphie, which only seems to have been mentioned in one old book used as a source for that Encyclopedia.

I hear that Space Trombone is the way all the cool kids are sharing music these days.
Sword
Julune

Member #486

Oct 24, 2018 2:22

That book sounds like exactly the sort of thing I’ve always wanted! I’ll definitely get it.

Back to a battling note, I think my lil’ Turtle is all set to fight. I was reading through a bunch of the FAQs to make sure I knew what I was doing, but I think now I understand everything pretty well.
Julune

Member #486

Oct 30, 2018 1:28

Welp, in typical noob fashion, I lost my first match. But next time, I will crush my opponent into cornflakes! And serve them over milk! They shall face my breakfasted fury!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 31, 2018 21:45

So the guy that beat you last time is gonna lose now that he gained a whole level?

Honestly, I haven't used my snail much (or remember how my Peluda egg performed) to know the best match-up outside of obvious type advantages to really give advice, but typically if it don't work the first time, you either (1) radically change your approach or (2) avoid a second.

My Al-mi'raj (think I have that punctuation properly ordered?) recently lost twice to the same opponent in back-to-back battles. Lacking any real type advantage, the first go was a toss-up (they were actually a lower level) but I got bested. I went through the log and, however, and noted what actions were best. Turns out, I wanted to go full banishment and tried to fit those in as much as possible. But, nope, a completely restructured grid didn't save me in the rematch. I declined the third.

As a level one, you might be able to coax a level two into accepting a fight who has a serious chance of still losing (note: not Benoit, sorry, callin' it now). I would guess that a degeneration heavy "shaggy turtle" would be the bane of a Kamaitachi as the lingering damage would happen whether or not you land a blow.

Hey, this is really off-topic now. There is only one obvious course of action now: we all have to become pirates suddenly.

"I can't go back to teaching high school math. Those girls pretend they're not women, but they are."
  - Pete, 30 Rock
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 1, 2018 6:17

But isn't the only off-topic thing you said the last thing you said?

"I know that will be obvious to some people but sadly stupid people have internet too." ~ Maffew of Botchamania
Julune

Member #486

Nov 1, 2018 17:37

Well honestly, the only reason I went with you again is because there were pretty much no other active low-level opponents on the battle board. Also, yes, I did change my strategy to one that sucks significantly less.

And if we're going to be off-topic pirates, then how about we take that a step further and be be astronaut pirates? With space dragons?
FKA_Foshi

Member #508

Nov 10, 2018 12:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ay yai, lost track of this for a while. That's what happens in the 9-5 world, eh.

Julune, I'll have a pup for you to spar with eventually. My Nidhogg is 930 XP away from Lv. 25 - at that point, I think I'll be open to adopt my third beast. We'll learn the pros and cons of a Cwn Anwnn together. Smile
Julune

Member #486

Nov 21, 2018 1:50

Okay, I’ll just be patiently waiting. I’m assuming Minty was going to adopt a new one soon too? My fuzzy beast could do with more than two opponents.
FKA_Foshi

Member #508

Nov 30, 2018 17:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I got it! Gwenno the pup is born!! Come at me, bruh.
-   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 19, 2024 8:09 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022