Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 2:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Ultimate Force

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Blade

Member #99

Sep 12, 2018 6:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just wondering, what modifier affects Force spells?

Also, turn BD into an app, thanks. Camo Smile

Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!

[Edited by Blade on Sep 12, 2018 7:17]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 12, 2018 8:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Turning it into an app really wouldn't be that hard because of Cordova.

I mean, it would just be web pages that you opened with an app launcher instead of your phone's browser, but still.

Heh, Force is too new a feature to have been added to the FAQ ("""""new"""") and the page that used to describe it (which is far better than the FAQ) was replaced for Celphie.

Force techs are somewhere between an Attack and Casting. They are raw, elemental powers that are increased by both a monster's Strength and Arcane. There true advantage is in there versatility, however, as they may be slotted in either bar -- Power or Magic.

I don't mention there that Force techniques are defended by a combination of Defense and Virtue.

"I know that will be obvious to some people but sadly stupid people have internet too." ~ Maffew of Botchamania
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 12, 2018 13:58
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Also here. I actually remembered reading a mention that Force was defended by Defense and Virtue somewhere (which stuck because it was different from how Castings were mainly fueled and defended by Arcane), so I had to look around at past topics until I found it again.

On a side note, I can't remember for the life of me whether I had practiced Jobola's spells this level or not. Guess I will find out soon.

EDIT: Guess not, at least not to maximum yet. Honor just jumped to 60%.

[Edited by draggy1234 on Sep 12, 2018 14:11]
Blade

Member #99

Sep 13, 2018 4:43

I actually googled my way to that page in the end, thx draggy. BRING BACK REALITYSEND YE OLDE NERDS!!!!

I like the oldness tbh.

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the gameboy I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may gale,
  But my battery is yet to fail.
  So in a dank corner I will lie,
  And watch the hours go sailing by.
  And while I lie in this nintendo-induced trance,
  I decide I'll give Pokemon Crystal a chance.
  --my random quotation exploitation

MintMan

Member #1

Sep 14, 2018 21:32

Somehow, this place came up with one of my coworkers, and he was astounded at how quickly the pages loaded.

That's what happens when you don't use double-digits of frameworks and megs of scripts that you don't actually use.

I don't know if I really have to bring back the Reality's End of old since it still is the Reality's End of old.

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
Blade

Member #99

Sep 16, 2018 24:30

damn I feel like our last fight was close draggy! I am none too pleased with how I built drake but eh! Wonder how much "healer" played a part in the win

Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 17, 2018 8:21

Ryu is OP.

It has one of the most varied movepools of all monsters, so it can really specialize for whatever opponent it is going up against. Need some BDV for a rebalance.

It is insane how many years Draggy has been on top of the leader board and defending that position.

"Isn't that cute? It's nice to think that even if you're made of fire and covered in venom-filled syringes, you can still make some friends." ~ Real Monstrosities
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 17, 2018 22:04
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And here I thought most people considered Bennu to be overpowered. Laughing

Having a margin of error for losses (most cases) also helped me with staying on top.

Don't forget my Hydra. Naptupnu and Jobola work well together. Tongue
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 18, 2018 18:22

The important thing to remember is that all my monsters are trash Camo Smile

Actually, I forget: how does that animal cycle go? Dragon is pwn'd by horsies? Seems like Ryu should have its share of competition between Mono and 'Faxi.

"Like I always say, an enemy is just a friend who is trying to kill you."
  "... I have no idea what that means."
  - Geeker and Larry, Project G.K.R.
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 21, 2018 21:04

Yeah, Horsies cut through Dragons with... their.... hooves?

Elemental wheels aren't a really good concept in one-on-one battles.

Ryu's big advantage is that it has so many elemental attacks. Bennu just has Light and Fire and is fairly frail.

I don't think there are enough (active) high-level Bennus to get a really fair comparison, tho'.

C'mon, lymfada, we need you here for science.

"Isn't that cute? It's nice to think that even if you're made of fire and covered in venom-filled syringes, you can still make some friends." ~ Real Monstrosities
FKA_Foshi

Member #508

Sep 24, 2018 20:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hullo! I was literally never on the forums before, but draggy dragged me back, so here I am.

Ha, I did just look up the beast wheel last week, cos I was trying to remember what exactly scare techs are good for (didn't find it, by the by - lowers Strength, I'm guessing?). Beasts beat serpents, but then serpents pwn birds...?

Oh, FYI, the BD RPG almost works on mobile! At least, until you try to use any tech on your team - then the drop-down box won't respond when I try to pick a target. Slanted Mouth
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 25, 2018 17:38

I forget the stats that affect scare, but I do remember that it is hefty damage that reduced by the attacked monster inflicting damage on the scare-er. It's... weird stuff. The whole BD system would make for an amazing complex RPG. No throw-away wild encounters; that shoot would be original Final Fantasy hard~!

"A giant lobster rescuing his friends. I wish I had a nickel for every time that happened."
  - Sea food employee, Project G.K.R.
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 25, 2018 20:25

Scare is like an inverse degeneration that is Strength versus Strength.

I kinda forgot the state the RPG was left in. All of the buttons look like they are disabled, but they aren't.

Gah! Why did I use an ABT instead of turn-based? There is way too much text to read!

Julune

Member #486

Sep 26, 2018 2:36
Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I actually haven’t tried this game yet- can you explain basically about what sorta game it is? Is it like Pokémon? Or am I totally off?
FKA_Foshi

Member #508

Sep 26, 2018 21:01

Ah! OK. Makes sense. My Baskerville's a fearsome ol' brute, then. I thought at first it was like Super Mario RPG's Fear status, which just cut Attack and Defense in half.

Ha! I don't think I had a problem with the ABT back in the day...to be fair, though, the RE League battle system was definitely less hectic. Also, I was like 15? 16?

And I second MadGoblin! There'd be actual story arcs around the tournaments, epic boss battles...wah! I don't write fiction like I used to, but I would write for that in a heartbeat.
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 28, 2018 6:58

I actually tried to make storylines around the championship belts. Wow, that didn't last long at all. Everyone kept vacating the titles by not defending them.

I think ABTs need auto-focus. A mouse isn't a good system for them, and even then, with the 4x3 grid of BD, a mouse is almost necessary!

I've heard people try to compare this game to Chrono Cross, since it is the only thing with an even remotely similar bar system, but there is no monster catching in it.

"I know that will be obvious to some people but sadly stupid people have internet too." ~ Maffew of Botchamania
FKA_Foshi

Member #508

Oct 9, 2018 13:18

Ha! Nice. I don't even remember if I earned a title or not! Would be kinda funny to start over again and portray all the champions twelve years later, cramming in time to fight between their day jobs and side hustles.

Hum! Missed Chrono Cross, so i wouldn't know. But I can see that with Chrono Trigger, sure.

(You can tell I haven't been active in forums for years, eh!)
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 9, 2018 18:49

Twelve years as champion?

What are these guys, Draggy on the Battle Board?

"'Nember back when you kept a graffiti book? And the only way for stranger to see who your friends were was to look at who had drawn in your book? Thank god for facebook. Now nobody has to be good at anything and everyone can know it." ~ MRTIM
FKA_Foshi

Member #508

Oct 11, 2018 8:27

Ha ha! I meant "champions" in the very general, occupational sense.

And regarding that, I just bested Draggy in our last bout - tryna go 2-for-2 now, although I totally forgot to set my last winning grid as my new default one (wherein I did away with scares for just MORE STRENGTH RAWR). And now my very clever opponent has realized that the best strategy against my brutish Garm is to cripple my offenses. So he'll prolly win this round!
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 12, 2018 21:54

Nooooo! You toppled the un-top-able Draggy?

Actually, I apparently wasn't paying much attention. These last few weeks have been crazy-go-crazy for the leader board. No one will ever top the Dragster's nine year reign (at least I hope not) but the rest of the usual suspects have been shufflin' at the tippy-top.

And it isn't even because I won anything, either. Everybody else is just losing.

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 19, 2024 2:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022