Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 9, 2020 1:37 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: So I got into a battle the other day

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 13, 2016 10:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I actually started talking about BD:V in the thirteenth anniversary topic, but I've been stuck on how to get rid of randomization and make it more of a game of strategy instead of a game of chance.

There are called shots, which would largely replace critical hits. The Reflex bar's contents are largely dependent on the monster itself, so what a critical hit would entail is hard to tell. Monoceros, for example, would be able to slot Break in there, which would pretty much counteract any complete-defense -- like Lou Carcolh retracting into its shell, which also can utilize the Reflex bar. Reflexing to a Reflex!

(Also, when looking up how to spell Carcolh, I was just reminded that an adult Carcolh is called a "Grossface".)

The "phone app" would just be Cordova, which makes an app out of a web page. I ain't codin' this stuff twice.

One of the requirements for BD:V would be live battles instead of the multi-day ones, which I guess a lot of people would need an app to do even nowadays.

"I give up." ~ Virginia
  "The three sweetest words in the English language." ~ Ross, Raising Hope
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 4, 2016 16:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Huzzah for the revival of Battle Dragons! Cheers to all.

* plants a virtual champagne tree because it makes more sense than a beer tree to her *

Also, thanks Skulkraken. That win was a surprise to me. Shifty Eyes Apparently forgetting how to play and just using the defaults is an improvement from the carefully thought out attack I planned back in the day.
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Aug 9, 2020 1:37 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020