Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 22:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: So I got into a battle the other day

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 27, 2016 12:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I honestly had no idea anyway was still playing BD.

Really, it seemed to hit a wall in exactly 2009. Or that wall was 2010, since there is no real activity recorded starting that year.

Skulkraken is also fighting in Shadora. Wonder if he just remembered this place existed?

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Feb 27, 2016 13:05
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Not changing emails helps. I have been awoken! * uses Sloth on MintMan *

COOKIE!

Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Feb 27, 2016 16:19
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I agree with the e-mail thing. If I hadn't gotten the e-mail notification last night, there's probably a good chance I would have missed my fight. My next step should probably be to spend my bonus points on BD, sometime.

Also gave me an opportunity to look at my previous log for a battle from who knows how long ago, and wonder what was I thinking when I set up that sub-optimal AI...
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 27, 2016 16:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Also wooo for even using email in this day and age! I'm pretty sure I couldn't even make a tweeterbot on this host if I wanted to.
  And I don't want to.

Lost to a Tatzelwurm? For shame. * avenges the virtuotous way and class changes to Paladin *

I'm kind of surprised that match went on as long as it did. I guess Scares did the trick in a big way?

I also see that you're still holding onto those title belts. How long ago did I even do that thing?

Oh, ten years ago. Wow. I should probably strip you of those titles, or at least no longer display/confuse people with them.

"All romance ends in despair -- or death, but most likely despair: gutwrenching despair." ~ Detective Lassiter, Psych
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Feb 27, 2016 16:51
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

omg the comics.

Also, support for spending bonus points, sucked when there stop being you know, any tournaments for BD. * creates a RustBucket *

COOKIE!

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 27, 2016 16:54

I know I've explained this elsewhere, but the reason there stopped being tournaments is because people stopped signing up for them.

I guess that'll happen when there is only a 50-email limit max on the number of notifications to receive. No emails, no participants, always canceled.

But hey, things seems pretty smooth right now. Everybody tourney~!

"Ugh, no wonder no one likes women." ~ Louise, Bob's Burgers
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Feb 27, 2016 19:19

Anyways, so, the nygultro thing, is that considered a bug or a feature?

COOKIE!

Skulkraken

Member #128

Feb 28, 2016 3:42
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 27, 2016 12:31, MintMan said:

I honestly had no idea anyway was still playing BD.

Really, it seemed to hit a wall in exactly 2009. Or that wall was 2010, since there is no real activity recorded starting that year.

Skulkraken is also fighting in Shadora. Wonder if he just remembered this place existed?

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn

Yeah, that was pretty much it. I was hoping to take advantage of the lack of activity in Shadora to start scarfing up all the lands for little or no effort. Tongue
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Feb 28, 2016 9:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, BD said my last login was 2009. 7 years isn't that long, right? I thought the email was an error at first, but random tourney for everybody it is!

* throws a pointless at MintMan *
Sword
Skulkraken

Member #128

Feb 29, 2016 19:52
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...And tatz that. I have no clue what I was thinking when I set that grid and AI, haha. I wonder how many more people on the battle board will respond if I poke them?
draggy1234

Member #97

Feb 29, 2016 21:04
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think I once went on a challenging spree not long ago where I specifically challenged people with 100% response statistics...and ruined their perfect records.

At the moment I am kinda limited in my potential pool of challengers. But that aside, I am curious how successful you are (either in getting responses or getting people kicked off the battle board).
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 29, 2016 21:23

Well Skul, the only way to be on the battle board is to respond to challenges. If you don't, you get kicked off. You could put yourself back on, sure, so you don't need 100% to be on it, but it is a mark of "I haven't not responded to a challenge since I've been on this thing"... unless you are th eone they don't not unrespond to.

... Litotes~!

"Real-life role playing is hard." ~ Charlie, Supernatural
Skulkraken

Member #128

Mar 8, 2016 8:31

And now the tourney begins!

* fabricates a Win Trophy *
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Mar 12, 2016 16:49

Looks like those of us who brought in B-monsters lost more than we won.

Ah well...I had fun re-living old times. Smile
Skulkraken

Member #128

Mar 12, 2016 21:09

Yeah, I had fun, too.

Congrats to SailorSassyStar.
  * gives SailorSassyStar a Win *

Sword
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Mar 13, 2016 24:32

So, when do we turn BD into an Android app? * mutates a BucketGolem with a RustBucket *

COOKIE!

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 13, 2016 1:55

A companion app is planned for version 5, which I have been thinking about again recently.

The good news is that I think I have a way to do away with chancy things like missing entirely. The bad news is that I'd add a fourth Reflex bar which makes dodging something you would have to put effort into (by reducing the amount of attacks you are using so you'll have leftover power to automatically use your Dodge or Phase or Flight or Shell or whatever crazy things are available for that bar).

"I know that will be obvious to some people but sadly stupid people have internet too." ~ Maffew of Botchamania
Skulkraken

Member #128

Mar 13, 2016 4:36

New version?

Embarrassed

So the new bar you're thinking of adding would be responsible for handling critical hits, too?
Camo

Member #5

Mar 13, 2016 8:52
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Phone app? You better have poorly designed 3D models you can only view from one angle. Make sure they breath or bob or something to seem lively and then add different colours of the same models. Make "the first couple of hours" easy then start requiring a premium currency. I think those are the basic laws of phone game.

Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile UPSIDE DOWN SMILEY Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile
   Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile !FOREVER! Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile

Camo Smile
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 13, 2016 9:52

I, of course, have had the inside scoop on BD-V for some time now, and I can tell you that it does -- in deed -- involve a scoop.

That's right, you have to clean up after your monsters now*. Now you're that Bonnacon ain't a real monster yet.

* Disclaimer: completely false. Duh.

"Make sure you don't suck in anything you can't lift."
  "Words to live by, I'm sure."
  - Dr. Maston & Mr. Moloch, Project G.K.R.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 18, 2024 22:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022