Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 9, 2020 24:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Leap

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Rook

Member #112

Dec 24, 2011 14:46
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm in the middle of a battle right now and I'm using a tech that causes an ultimate increase in strength. But with Leap, it's reading as a slight increase to speed and strength. It should be a moderate increase to both, right? Also, since it's in the power bar, shouldn't it be doing a little bit of damage?

I have always tried to have a common thread of creativity wind through my games to prevent them from ever unconditioning the human mind from life itself.

--MintMan
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 24, 2011 21:30
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

At the very start of the battle your Tatzelwurm's BloodThirst spell had a 0% practice rating, so essentially it was treated as a SL3, with a split boost towards both stats of 3 points. My guess is that's why it showed as a slight increase instead of just an increase. Your second usage is a little bit of a higher boost (3.xx), which pushed above 3 points and passed the threshold into showing a moderate increase now.

And if I remember correctly about the power bar, it's extra effect only triggers if your tech/spell in that bar has an offensive aspect to it, such as putting a debuff or degeneration or just plain damage to the enemy. Not entirely sure about this point, but given that I had Healer, Rise, and Honor all slotted in the power bar and all are "non-offensive", I'm guessing that's the case.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 24, 2011 22:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, draggy is makin' my job easy~!

Kinda wacky that I don't mention enemy-targeting in the Power Bar part.

The general idea is that in a multi-monster battle, healing an ally wouldn't even have a target on which to cause damage, or with multiple targets, which one do you hurt? The only provided arguments to the black-box of that move would be friendlies you don't wanna hurt.

You will also notice that every bar has things to which it gives less of an advantage. Slapping plus-damage to everything would make the Power bar indiscriminate and better as to what you could put into it, which is already damage and thus awesome!

Good that you are making a list of things I need to clear up for the FAQ and, um, actual page you slot all this stuff. Why didn't this all come up when 4.5 came out years ago?

"Don't judge me by my actions. Judge me by how I tell you I am inside." ~ Colin Quinn
Rook

Member #112

Dec 24, 2011 23:03
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I had stopped playing then.

"Do I preach to you when you're lying stoned in the gutter?"
  --Bender, Futurama
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 9, 2020 24:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020