Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 23:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Scare?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Rook

Member #112

Dec 22, 2011 24:26
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Having trouble finding more info on Scare techs. Did I just gloss over it or is it not there?

"You might say it's sexist to treat women like a baseball card collecting mini-game so you can ogle their luscious, rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth, milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but... Sorry, I forgot where I was going with that."
  --Yahtzee Croshaw, Zero Punctuation
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 22, 2011 22:08
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"Scare techs utilize one of the most common monster motifs -- fear. Not only is it a status condition dependent on the Strength category, but it is also defended by the enemy's own Strength. A scared opponent will do less damage until it can overcome its fears (by attacking the enemy) -- or until it dies from fright! "

Copied that from the BD 4.5 release notes page. Useful to consider for strength-based monsters...like your Tatzelwurm. Smile

EDIT: One addition I forgot to add, when under the influence of Scare a monster not only does less damage, but also takes more damage, if I remember correctly from past battles.

[Edited by draggy1234 on Dec 22, 2011 22:09]
Rook

Member #112

Dec 22, 2011 22:48
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah. Thanks. Is there a permanent link to that?

Hmm... I highly doubt I'm gonna be able to scare your Ryu to death... Might stick with attacking. Gonna pray that you don't banish me to death before then.

"Do I preach to you when you're lying stoned in the gutter?"
  --Bender, Futurama
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 23, 2011 24:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Like everything else in BD, Scare is perfectly balanced. It just changes the way you fight.

You will not (or at least rarely) just scare an opponent to death; it will be a combination of fear and damage that eventually totals up all the opponent's health. The amount of extra damage/reduced damage/life left till scared to death is equivalent to the amount of damage a monster would have caused with a Strength-based attack (defended by either Strength or a combination of Strength and other stats).

And I'm pretty sure the topics right below this one had a link to the horribly organized BD 4.5 page. I should prolly replace Celphie with the hardlink to it once more.

"All romance ends in despair -- or death, but most likely despair: gutwrenching despair." Detective Lassiter, Psych
Rook

Member #112

Dec 23, 2011 24:57

... Glad I flipped through that now. I'd assumed that any amount of casting was USELESS to me. But force actually uses Strength.... yay!

Now, would I be right in assuming that Force is reduced by Defense AND Virtue?

KILL ALL MAGPIES! KILL THEM NOW!!!
  -- Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear

[Edited by Rook on Dec 23, 2011 1:01]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 23, 2011 2:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Huh, that isn't spelled out directly? Wonder why that is.

Last I recalled, Forces are defended by both. This makes them much more a middle ground attack, and middle ground has no advantage and is thus a disadvantage (other than the fact that it can be used in places where normally your next best option is bupkis).

Yeah, Tatzelcasting is a bad way to go. Now the guy has both Scare and Force to chose from in his Magic bar. I've noticed that Tatzel stock has gone up considerably in 4.5.

"Guster, you've got to grow up. People have sex, and they kill each other. That's the real world -- not some magical feelings place." ~ Detective Lassiter, Psych
Rook

Member #112

Dec 26, 2011 8:10

Welp. I lost. And looking at the battle log it doesn't even look like it was close.

I DEFINITELY need more practice at this game...

I have always tried to have a common thread of creativity wind through my games to prevent them from ever unconditioning the human mind from life itself.

--MintMan
Camo

Member #5

Jan 7, 2012 8:36
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

DEPLOY!

Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile UPSIDE DOWN SMILEY Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile
   Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile !FOREVER! Camo Smile Camo Smile Camo Smile

Camo Smile
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 23:58 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022