Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 9, 2020 1:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Lost Battle --> Still Battle Board Leader?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 18, 2010 13:22
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So I just lost my most recent match (ouch)...and I checked the Board...and find out I'm still leader?! I was always under the impression that one loss knocks down whoever's the leader to a lower rank, but maybe I'm really rusty on how the rankings work.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 18, 2010 18:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, not even close.

The only way that is a guarantee is if you lose to someone who is immediately below you on the leader board. They have to be guaranteed a move then.

You lost to someone who isn't even ranked -- not poorly ranked, but not even. Beating the top guy would certainly give a push to a newbie, but there is no way for the system to know how poorly to judge your performance.

There is an invisible point system on the board. Double-point system, if I remember correctly. While, yes, losing helps move you down, all of the wins you earned while on top have given you some cushion to get a li'l sloppy.

Just be wary if I come knocking on your door >:)* uses Knock on draggy1234 and his door *

"If you can't say something bad about a relationship, you shouldn't say it at all." ~ George Costanza
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 19, 2010 18:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I see the Halloween reference there... * fabricates a HalloweenCostume in preparation for people knocking at my door *

Not that I mind the increased BD activity of late. Guess I'll have to start moving again soon though.
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Oct 20, 2010 19:34
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lol, how did you even lose a battle to a noob? Big Smile

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 21, 2010 18:37

It's not like I was trying to; in actuality I was trying to win. My guess from the battle log is that the phenotype matchup plus the crit/miss spread worked against me enough on that one.

(And I wouldn't exactly say "noob"; Spitfire has beaten Jobola in the past Shifty Eyes )
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 9, 2020 1:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020