Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 9:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: BD 4.5 Release Notes Page

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 10, 2010 2:45
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is there a link to the page with all the information and notes on version 4.5 and its features when it came out? I was hoping to reference that since I'm a bit worried about getting rusty on all the details and such.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 10, 2010 11:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I guess the link to the 4.5 Release Page was removed in favor of Celphie. Technically, all that information should be in the FAQ/Help section, but all RE FAQ/Help sections have been in dire need of revamping for quite some time now, which is really just staving me off from doing anything at all until I sit down to do it right.

Didn't say it was a good excuse; it is just the reason.

I have wanted to get all FAQs on a similar, multi-page, interconnected, and searchable system for a while now. As with a lot of things on RE, the "recent" (multiple years now) low the site has been has sorta made such a thing unnecessary. I mean, not exactly a lot of BD battles going on now for reasons I have explained to death in the past although that reason has transmogrified from MySpace into Facebook, which is really telling of the problem's age.

"Unattached, drifter Christmas." ~ Dean Winchester's definition of Valentine's Day
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 11, 2010 2:19
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Oct 10, 2010 11:57, MintMan said:

...from MySpace into Facebook...

I read that part and I got a nasty image in my head of BD battles taking place between Facebook users in much the same vein as all those other Facebook...apps(?) going around there. Ew. Dead

But anyways, thanks much for the link. Was good reading/skimming over the texts again. Smile
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 11, 2010 18:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, even I kinda forgot about some of that stuff I implemented. "Slotting techs in different bars has different effects? Get out~!"

BD, at least in its current form, could never even be a Facebook app. It is all about not being around and only interacting on seldom occasion. Facebook apps (and Facebook in general, really) is all about thoughtless grinding and being in one place forever, doing monotonous deeds. Maybe BD 1.0 would have been a good fit...ish.... no, still prolly too much complications. I guess I'll just have to settle with that stick I put in some "mud" and pass that off as the next hot app.

.... The mud was poo.

"Nobody go downstairs! The holodeck people turned real again!" ~ Out At Home
Afiag

Member #242

Oct 13, 2010 16:46
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

God I forgot all about the challenge and lost because I wasn't watching it. Flat Mouth
  Fuuuuuu

Also, I too was looking for the 4.5 stuff, since you never put a permanent link in or added it to the FAQ. It doesn't matter when I battle with Calamity, but I couldn't remember what I needed to know for fighting with mah 'hogg.

.."Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
  "A pit full of fire."
  "And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for
  ever?"
  "No, sir."
  "What must you do to avoid it?"
  "I must keep in good health, and not die."
  -Jane Eyre
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 15, 2010 19:25

Frighten (Calamity's moderate Scare spell) seems very 4.5-relevant. Tongue

Aside from that, though, there's the subtle things like how to set up the grid and putting which spells/techs where in what bar that have subtle influences in battles. I personally am quite conscious about bar effects and initial auras when I go to set up my grids. Granted, it probably won't be a major deciding factor at lower levels, but it's still something to consider in case you ever have a battle down to the wire, when every little bit helps decide the ending.

...Oh yeah, one thing I've been really wanting to ask you Afiag: why Penance?

EDIT: Off-topic and just noticed this, what happened to the link to people's BD accounts that usually shows up in the upper-right-hand corner of each post, where all the other shorthand links to Master account, REL account, etc. are?

[Edited by draggy1234 on Oct 15, 2010 19:28]
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 15, 2010 19:41

Oh snap, that musta happened when I changed the BD directory to, well, /bd instead of /adoptions. Very necessary, too, as the term "online adoptions" changed drastically from what it was a decade ago. Now, it usually comes paired with "black market".

Dunno why the symlink didn't take care of it, tho'... Everything is in order for the RE League, after all. * class changes to Ranger to... um... range the problem away * Shut up, I needed to class change badly.

"Unattached, drifter Christmas." ~ Dean Winchester's definition of Valentine's Day
Afiag

Member #242

Oct 16, 2010 14:40
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes but I remember how scare works.

I don't remember why Penance, there was a reason at the time I slotted it but I don't remember what it was. Probably it was there as filler, and the other thing I would have put there was even more unwanted for the particular fight. :V

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 16, 2010 18:45

You prolly slotted Penance, a high level White magic move, simply to up your Holy Aura. That would counteract 'Hogg's low defense to banishments.

(Also, if you didn't notice, the icons are back. It wasn't a directory name change, but a hash key name that was accidentally changed along with all of the directory references, thus why the symlink did nothing. Just like the goggles...)

"If you can't say something bad about a relationship, you shouldn't say it at all." ~ George Costanza
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 9:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022