Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 9, 2020 24:54 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Batle discussion

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Afiag

Member #242

Jul 27, 2009 14:32
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think you should be able to comment on a battle or a tournament while it is on-going, and maybe for a day or so afterward. Maybe just a sort of profile comment that is either stored or auto deleted after a week.

It's be nice to discuss tactics, help each other figure out where they went wrong, or just to say 'Wow, nice fight. my monster went Down like a sack of potatoes.'

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 27, 2009 16:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, most of this is already addressed in the topic still on the front page of BD at the time of this topic's posting Communication (or some Aussie/phonetic corruption thereof). For battles, it is not only pointless, but impossible to track accurately as they are such temporal things.

Tournaments, on the other hand, could actually merit from having a discussion.
  Except no body ever checks on their tournaments. Ever. Most people set their AI when they sign up and never come back. * cough *
  Heck, people don't even sign-up for tourneys anymore ever since most blokes let their subscriptions run-out without ever bothering to check their actual e-mail bodies. Serves me right for trying to make a site convenient~!

Just because you can talk about it doesn't mean people will -- battles more than anything else. It could be nice for the afterthoughts, tho', although I don't know how much nice it could possibly be.

"Wow, I lost."
  "Wow, I won!"

The potential is mind-boggling...

For the most part, since BD already has a forum, these sorts of boards aren't really necessary. Whenever anyone wanted to talk about a tourney before, they just posted here. And that when was about four years ago back during the time people still talked about stuff on RE.

I was planning on making tourney updates, tho', with the resurrection of Tags and other features. I scrapped it when someone else made another wave of low-level tournaments, thus impossiblating anyone from joining a tag match. If I could complex things up enough, some sort of idle banter could actually be useful -- unlike those BD members who just say "Hi!" on a random discussion board...
Afiag

Member #242

Jul 30, 2009 10:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, well bring Tag battles back so my bonus monsters aren't lonely. :3

And uh.. I dunno. I guess the other day I would have liked to say 'Dang Aya028, that Bennu went DOWN. I think you should have actually bothered damaging me more, throw in a major banishment here and there. You might have actually won had you not been so focused on reducing/increasing stats.' But I've never even seen the person on the forums anyhow. -.-

But it's okay, I still love you.
  Poliwhirl
Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.

[Edited by Afiag on Jul 30, 2009 10:57]
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 30, 2009 12:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And that's something that was the key of the other topic (which shall be repeated here for the sake of the lazy, i.e. everybodies~!): just because one can communicate doesn't mean the other will. It is the typical PBS complex. You can talk all day at your opponent, but they don't even have to read it. Or acknowledge that it exists. Since most people don't log-on during a fight, they might not even know it is happening, let alone care.

It is pretty simple: if you lost, do the opposite. Most people just do not want to improve their "strategy" as much as they want to earn a ton of experience. We veterans feed of these people to up our creature count.

Now, if I added a feature like Taunts into BD, that's another story. I've always wanted to do coliseum fights where the crowd (visitors) can cheer or jeer for competitors, and being able to insert text into the actual fight itself could go a long way into determining the outcome of the fight.
  To prevent it from degrading into a popularity contest, the types of heat you get would simple affect your strategy, rather than a simple boon or bane. I dunno what "cheating" would be, exactly, in BD, but heels would get advantages for that -- or injuring body parts. Baby-faced goody-two-shoes would improve their ability for a second-wind by getting the crowd behind them.
  That is something people are much more likely to take notice of, what with being inserted into the log itself and getting main-page attention as to draw spectators in.

Hmm, I entirely forgot about that shelfed feature. I wonder if I should make some tag belts to further utilize it?

"It says so in the Bible." ~ Booth
  "It does not." ~ Dr. Brennan
  "Then it was left out by mistake." ~ Booth, Bones

[Edited by MintMan on Aug 3, 2009 8:54]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 9, 2020 24:54 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020