Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 19:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Youngest World Champion?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 21, 2009 16:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

A lot of us oldbies may not be able to see it so easily, but Hysobia has took the top position in the Battle Board by going over Culex in his last match, thus becoming the youngest champion ever -- only level thirteen! Dude doesn't even have a second familiar yet!
  Just to clarify on the system used, Battalon didn't do anything wrong to earn the second shortest reign yet seen (a dubious distinction held by yours truly); Hysobia just did a lot right. I think this may be the first time ever someone got to the top of the mountain by winning instead of whoever was already there falling off hard.

I wanted the new (does it still count as new?) Battle Board to be conquerable by littler blokes, and a little dude finally won! Right now, it'll be interesting to see how tumultuous that top-spot stays. When someone racks up a lot of wins (like 'Snaff did), they are untouchable, but with so many new leaders in such a relatively short time, anyone may be able to get up there!

This is also the first title change that didn't involve me. How'd that happen?

"Man, you are such a cynic when it comes to love." ~ Detective Green
  "Not love -- marriage." ~ Lenny, LnO
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Jan 21, 2009 17:18
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Twould probably help if I'd had enough focus and attention to actually gain some conception of Auras and how I might use them to my advantage, but, um, yeah. Congrats Hysobia! * creates a Medal *

COOKIE!

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 22, 2009 24:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whoa, wait, what? I was leading the board? This is the first I've heard of it. Granted, I've barely even been lurking around here lately and inactivity does seem to be a boon for leaderboard rankings (I think I've only fought one or two battles in a number of months).

This could indeed be an interesting fight for the top. At level 13, there aren't many of us older-folk who have a familiar to take him on, so there's bound to be a bunch of contention from the younger crowd. If Soby (Soby, can I call you Soby?) keeps playing smart, he could last for a while. At least, I think he could, if I understand how the board works.

If you don't like someone, why bother pissing them off to begin with? Just go for the kill. ~Cheetarius
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 22, 2009 10:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, you got on top when the aforementioned leaders did the aforementioned stupidity and lost a lot of aforementioned battles aforementionedly. Since you just weren't losing, you easily got the spot; since you weren't winning, however, you just as easily lost it.

Hysobia "Soby" Spidoinkle, Jr., does still have potential competition from oldbies like Draggy1234 who are on a second-or-third familiar in that level range. I am going to assume that he is gonna do what most people try to do and win. At the top, tho', one fall could mean the end of it all, so you even have to be careful with sparring matches (which resulted in the shortest reign such a truncated length) which still count toward the ranking. Then again, if he plays it too safe, someone else could climb right on top of him!
  Could we see the title ping-pong around between a number of holders before a long-term champion in crowned?

In the zone, and out of his mind.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 22, 2009 12:27
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If that happened, it would be amusing to see how long the previous battle board leaders page would be extended by a bunch of short reigns.

And Hysobia already trumped me (as evidenced by my fairly recent battle log as of this posting), so I believe I'm one less concern for him/her. Nervous

At any rate, I'm going to give my own share of congratulations and well wishes to our new young leader. Don't get the wrong idea; I do so whenever I notice a battle board leader change, it's just that most of the time a forum mention isn't appropriate for it. Tongue I know I'm going to be looking forward to watching Hysobia's pending battle.
LeeTupper

Member #42

Jan 22, 2009 22:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, there's me with my incredibly underleveled Tatzelwurm (the fact that I haven't played BD in like two years or more may be part of that.)

Maybe I should jump this guy and take his lunch money. It'd be the first important thing Orm had done since... Well, since the tournament system first started.
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 9, 2009 24:04

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm the Board Leader again Slanted Mouth

Foshi went over Hysobia after a pretty descent reign. Dude musta been really far down on the list, too, 'cause after defeating the top spot, Foshi only made it up to ninth place Boggle

But don't worry, folks: if I adopt that sixth monster I've been eyin', I'll probably rocket straight to the bottom of the list! Oh, new familiars: you always come with so many feeling-out losses~!

"I sentence you to life!"
  "You moron, I'm already alive." ~ Homer Simpson
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 19:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022