Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 3:07 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Battle Analysis

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Blade

Member #99

May 3, 2008 1:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The other post was getting crowded with multiple topics. Okay my Blitz vs Afiag's Calamity... analyze!...

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the gameboy I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may gale,
  But my battery is yet to fail.
  So in a dank corner I will lie,
  And watch the hours go sailing by.
  And while I lie in this nintendo-induced trance,
  I decide I'll give Pokemon Crystal a chance.
  --my random quotation exploitation

MintMan

Member #1

May 3, 2008 2:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What? Someone starting a new topic when another topic of conversation is beginning Embarrassed

Well, I just checked to see that no such battle exists, so I guess this is a future-fight that you are considering and merely want to know if it is a good idea or no. Fair 'nough.

Okay, Blitz vs Calamity:
  1) Why would she accept the battle? You're Draconic, and she's Bestial.
  2) You have mad-magic over her li'l kitty, and Draconic magic, at that. Nearly twenty points of arcane Embarrassed Wow... just wow.
  3) She is a level above you, and has two spells, so maybe she would actually accept this fight...

She has a Ban, which would probably be one of the only other things used besides her spells. You, however, have Virtue reduction right in your sole spell, so that is bound to come up. Your large number of (now) Wild techs also adds a great deal of unpredictability. I would think that the level wouldn't be enough of an advantage for her, but it also depends a lot on how intelligently both play. Even with your limited selection of techs, I can see at least one of your screwing it up big time. ("Whaddaya mean I shouldn't have slotted HatefulStrike in my Power bar, mate?") But even if you should be dominating, Lady Luck could screw you the way she always does me -- not the fun way, as is typical from anthropomorphizations of concepts. * uses Frogformation in celebration of typing out that crazy-long word *

Plus, you also have insane defense, so you would have to expect defense that isn't (entirely) defense-dependent, like scaring, bans, and degeneration. The degen is about the only thing Calamity has that wouldn't be ineffective elementally -- just ineffective 'cause its comein' from a Tatzy!

"First and foremost, I am evil. And not 'movie evil' wherein there is a shred of likeability to me, but the unadulterated kind. But in all fairness, I do secretly have the heart of a good man. It's shrink wrapped in my freezer....but there incase the situation merits its use. Can I be ambivalent at times? Well, yes and no." ~ Sean Carless
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

May 3, 2008 13:21
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well the ban wouldn't really do me much good anyways. It bestial, and a Tatz isn't really great at castings or bans in the first place. Not only that but a bestial minor ban isn't worth the white aura I'll be giving myself, which would inevitably lead to my doom . I do have a good chance of losing. But I'm terribly bored, I haven't had a fight since the new-version-tourney. I might as well try though, must get used to the new version.

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

[Edited by Afiag on May 3, 2008 13:21]
MintMan

Member #1

May 3, 2008 15:48

Um, actually, a minor ban is worth the white aura. See, it is minor, so it is almost nothing. Like, 3%. What are your other choices? Far weaker attacks that may get you a little bit of defense? Any white aura you have will also increase your ban's attack power.

As as already pointed out, none of your attacks would be effective against a dragon, so it really makes no point to isolate Fear from all the others.

So if it sucks at, well, pretty much everything magical, what are you going to go with? The obvious answer is whatever he sucks at defending, which would be a ban among all other things.

You could (stupidly) put Frighten in your Magic bar instead. This would not only yield absolutely no bar bonus, but also not having it in the Special bar would make it weaker, bypassing the hefty 25% increase it would experience on that side. Also, you would have to put something else in your Special bar, which of course would max out after four uses and then become worthless.

Or, of course, degeneration. Yeah, scaring and degening as the overwhelming offensive model. I'd expect Blitz to die with that combination never.
  Plus, a ban would lower Blitz's auras with every hit. Just saying. We'll see how it plays out.

"And I know this all because I have a PhD in being awesome." ~ Sean Carless
Afiag

Member #242

May 4, 2008 24:34

The reason why I've been neglecting Calamity a bit: Low level monsters don't have a lot of options. Well they have enough to work with I suppose. Just not as much as my lvl 20 monster.

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in life?" very quickly lacked both.
MintMan

Member #1

May 6, 2008 12:39

Okay, I just gotta say it: no one said you were neglecting Calamity. Or implied it. And your italimphasis really seems misplaced, considering.

Besides, low level monsters should never be neglected simply by the virtue of the fact that they're the only ones who can get into battles, it seems.

Low level monsters aren't supposed to have as many options as higher level ones. That's what makes them worse. See, low numbers bad; high numbers good. Make number high. Good. Also, fire bad. Boo. Hurt face when try to taste. Taste good, tho'. Hurt tongue, too.

The idea is to eke out what strategy you can with what you gots at lower levels. Otherwise, pretty much every monster would just be a carbon copy of each other. Y'know, that ol' nugget of strategy and planning which seems to dog so many people 'round these parts.

"And God bless mustaches. It's like a bush ugly can hide behind!" ~ Sean Carless
Afiag

Member #242

May 6, 2008 13:29

Someone did too. I did, heh.. I wasn't complaining. I know all that, I was just commenting on the few strategies available.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 3:07 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022