Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 20:33 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Com-munich-a-shun

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 2, 2008 8:03
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, there's still you dying to end it, right? * uses Boomstick on Afiag with a boomstick *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 2, 2008 10:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, it is already ending. Blutty 'el, man, did you see what I geared up? A summoning that wields a healing item? That's 'bout fourteen damage a turn, yo. She can't last long.

Boomstick... with a boomstick. Your naming conventions make me cry twin waterfalls Crying I think what you want is to load your boomstick with some sort of ammo, not itself. (A shotgun that shoots shotguns?) I guess if you want to get really technical, you want to make a gun series of techs, having an ammo item, your boomstick (which needs Forge), and then a shooting tech which uses wield.

Picking won't stop the dance, 'Figgy. As far as I know, only using a token or a tech will end it. I think you should even be able to throw without any negative effect.

Uh-oh, this post is gearing up to be more worthless than, um, any other post in here. Better try to save it. * brings forth a SummonSquared on DivineCannonCrusher to make things even more confusing *

"And God bless mustaches. It's like a bush ugly can hide behind!" ~ Sean Carless
Sword
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

May 2, 2008 12:09
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I haven't kept track of what techs do what, even for my own. Is there somewhere to see what techs are from what tokens? I've looked all over and found nothing of it... As for Boomstick, I'm trying to cross many of my extra tokens into techs finally, and I came up with it before I had coffee. * uses HolyResurrection on Blade *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 2, 2008 12:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It was mostly just the fact that you fabricated an item named after your new tech. You had to have known that would end in disaster, much like any topic that has FtRPG brought up and is soon railroaded to being entirely about it since it isn't like FtRPG has its own entire board or anything.

And obviously you didn't look everywhere for your token info as it is listed right there in your master account data, linked to handily enough wherever you go. I mean, it isn't in your console like I would want it to be, but there is a certain limitation to displaying expanded techs down there, especially with how large so many of them are getting. That whole thing needs a recode, anyhow, but why? No one ever cares about FtRPG until a rare occasion like this, and when they care, it is typically in some way that makes me regret even implementing the feature in the first place.

"I was supposed to be that goat!" ~ Shawn Spencer, Psych
Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

May 2, 2008 18:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On May 1, 2008 4:14, MintMan said:

What the blutty 'el does "on topic" mean? Has anyone on RE ever heard of this strange, mythical beast? Methinks it is about to be added to the joke bestiary along with the Snake, the Auditor, and, um... your face! Burn...

What is this "on topic" of which you speak of and how can I get one?
  * fabricates a DumbMirajTrophy just so that she can join in on the FtRPG confusion *
  Hehe, dumb bunny! Get it? *prepares to be smitten*

Holy white aura, Batman, erm, I mean draggy. Shifty Eyes The draconic was why I didn't accept a normal battle to begin with, but I didn't think it would make that huge of a difference. I guess that would explain why my banishments aren't doing squat...
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 2, 2008 20:27

Or it is just because your are a relatively low virtue monster using Bans against a relatively high virtue monster. That stuff wouldn't fly in the old version, either. The 75% initial aura sounds impressive, but really isn't making much of a difference. It is probably doing more for Dragg's ban damage than ban defense.

I mean, your un-dumb-bun-bun doesn't have one attack that is effective against a Ryu, does it? All Bestial and Light type. I dunno if not using bans would even make a difference, which brings up a good point: why are you using castings? Your arcane is boosted, and I know you normally use them in your fights. What made this one any different? Other than the whole losing thing, of course. * uses WasteOfTime on SailorSassyStar *

"I was supposed to be that goat!" ~ Shawn Spencer, Psych
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

May 3, 2008 24:44
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My Ryu just took a critical Beam (moderate Light Casting) a few minutes ago for...36 damage plus a drop in White Aura from 60% to 53%. Yes, I was on this site for about a 15-minute window within which this action occurred. Shifty Eyes

I understand your concern, SailorSassyStar. I mean, the fact that this ended up only being a sparring match gave me a relatively riskless opportunity to try out an all-Virtue/Ban strategy as opposed to my original plan which actually involved my Draconic attacks. Laughing

* uses CheerUp on SailorSassyStar in good faith despite the Batman..."analogy" *

I was thinking, though, wouldn't this talk be like a...um...kind of constructive communication/commentary regarding BD? As in, before or after battles people could discuss motives/reasoning behind challenge decisions and also discuss strategy strengths and flaws? I know that personally I need to tone down my exaggerating-the-Aura-effect mindset. D'oh
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 3, 2008 1:02

Scenario #1:
  "So, is there anything I did wrong?"
  "Um, yes. I'm surprised you won with all those castings you were using."
  "But, I have high arcane. And you have low arcane. Shouldn't I be using them?"
  "Er, no. They suck. You woulda done way better by using bans. They're always better. Didn't you know?"
  "Oh, okay. I'll be sure to do that in our next fight then."
  I don't know if this hypothetic-o person was a malicious bastard or just an idiot, and it doesn't really matter.

Scenario #2:
  "I challenged you because I wanted a fight."
  The only response is silence since the challengee hasn't been around in over two years, or just because it was 90% of all challengees.

Scenario #2.5:
  "I challenged you because I wanted a fight."
  "I accepted because I wanted a fight."
  "..."
  "..."
  The lesson of the story: every possibility of a formalized discussion on RE ends in awkward silence.

"How sure are you?"
  "Crystal.... That... doesn't make any sense. Very." ~ Shawn Spencer, Psych
Sword
Blade

Member #99

May 3, 2008 1:26

That was sort of what I originally intended, and this topic has been rather informative for me, I mean now that I know I can rework my grid/ai better for battles. It wasn't that I couldn't have found out the info by myself I just didn't care enough to go deep in research....

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the gameboy I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may gale,
  But my battery is yet to fail.
  So in a dank corner I will lie,
  And watch the hours go sailing by.
  And while I lie in this nintendo-induced trance,
  I decide I'll give Pokemon Crystal a chance.
  --my random quotation exploitation

Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

May 5, 2008 15:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Through all the cynicism Mints almost makes as much sense as usual. Almost.
  * picks a virtual pointless *
  Sorry about the Batman reference, draggy. I was unaware that it would not agree with you. And thank you for making sense.
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 19, 2024 20:33 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022