Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 6:10 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Com-munich-a-shun

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 29, 2008 24:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You must remember that there are always things that are helpful and things that my site actually has memory to maintain. Time was, I had memory for, well, the member accounts, and that's 'bout it, but my host recently expanded, so now I can be a bit more lenient with what I store.

Problem is, I would only be able to store recent stuff, which would incur a wave of nagging complaints "Why can't I see this result? I fought this guy and it doesn't say I did because obviously this record keeping feature was added after that battle! Your site is broken." Blutty 'el, I hate people Mean Look

What was I saying? Oh yeah, challenge people who don't suck. * plants a virtual pointless tree 'cause that's what this whole topic is about *

"I seem to be the cure for nymphomania, apparently." ~ Craig Ferguson
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Apr 29, 2008 1:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So wait, are you saying it's a good idea or not (aside from the fact that people suck)? Either way, it's no biggie, I can always keep track for myself. Besides, it's not like there's a real big pool of reliable contenders in a given level range anyway, so a certain amount of repeat battling is most likely unavoidable. 'Sides, if they're sick of me they can just decline.

""~Camo
Blade

Member #99

Apr 29, 2008 3:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Recent sounds good, could it be like past 10 perhaps? Or would that be too far?

Oh and in regard to the 'sword icon' thing, I'm guessing firefox just suicided for some reason... it seems to do that on myspace for some reason as well... "/

Oh and any hint as to how much damage drake dealt during that match? I thought I'd try and max out degeneration for something to try, and was nearly up to my 'attack repeatedly' phase but yeah...death tends to get in the way lol ...pretty hard hitting garm right there...I take it arcane was the major contributor?

Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!

[Edited by Blade on Apr 29, 2008 3:59]
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 29, 2008 9:08
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Blade...might I ask why you were trying to focus on degeneration with a Tatzelwurm that has only 14 arcane fueling it? Given that fact, along with InfectiousPresence's disadvantage (Serpentine vs. Bestial) and the likely large backlog of degeneration turns once the battle ended (degeneration damage that hasn't run its course yet), I'd suspect that the degeneration portion didn't do a whole lot to help you. I don't have exact numbers, of course, but if I were to guess...I'd say...the degeneration portion did less than a quarter of Torgo's total life. Add that to your other attacks...and maybe you've gotten between a third or half of the life? Again I'm just guessing here. Nervous

And...yep, Torgo retaliated with a bunch of hard Bestial stuff. The critical Snarls must've hurt a bit, and the Shreds and Splatters built up on each other. I do wonder, though, how much damage that final critical Splatter did. Boggle

That's the battle analysis from another regular BDer. Hope it's helpful. Smile
Battalon127

Member #25

Apr 29, 2008 9:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Blade, there's no good reason for your browser to just not show things. At least not one icon out of a list of 34. This is what bugs me about users, they just say, "well, it must be this" and leave it at that, rather than actually figuring out why something's happening. Because, with something like a computer, there's always a "why." Have you cleared your cache? Do you have any ad or image-blocking plug-ins? Are you really, really sure you're not just not-seeing it? Is the Unscur icon at the edge of your screen (implying that the sword could be off-screen or on another line)?

How ironic. He's blind after a lifetime of enjoying being able to see. ~Homer Simpson
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 29, 2008 11:19

No, the forums just used to not display the final sword at times. I think it has something to do with the FtRPG timing and whether or not the action had actually taken place yet or not. I've been noticing it some, too, with the recent wave of FtRPG usage, so I made sure a safety was put in place.

Yes, the strategy of Drake v. Torgo was a rather stoo-pod one. Let us examine...
  1) You used Tail. You have Bite. Tail is Serpentine; Bite is not. Why didn't you opt for Bite instead, or if you really needed the SL1 spot, just put Envenom there instead to reap the Power Bar bonus?
  2) Degeneration... Serpentine degeneration. Oh, sure, why not just have pitiful Arcane, but lose to elemental ineffectiveness as well? Not to mention that Defense -- which Garms have -- is used in the resistance of degen. Next!
  3) Scaring is new and a great thing to use to make strength-centric monsters better... except, y'know, when used against other strength-centric monsters as Scare is also guarded by strength.
  4) No bans? Really? You could have easily guessed that my arcane monster would be using Castings; a Storm here and there would have really softened Torgy up, especially for reducing and weakening my black aura.
  5) You have the skill Burrow, yet you did not slot the skill Burrow. Y'know, the that prevents Defense reductions? The thing that Torgo always uses? We have fought before, right?

The match pretty much came down to a massacre; I didn't see the final number, but it was well over one hundred. * uses SpearToss on Blade with a Tail for maximum hilarity *

"Just call me the Suck-Stopper! Scratch that. Don't... don't ever call me that." ~ Shawn Spencer, Psych
Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 29, 2008 17:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, hilarity if it is not you.

Me no likes change. *grump* I know it's for the better, but now I have to relearn again. Don't worry though, no stupid questions this time. I think I understand it (for the most part) and just need to get used to the change.
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 29, 2008 19:34
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm pretty sure all of us will be spending a good deal of time relearning, SailorSassyStar. I personally know, because I've been losing a bunch of times, but each time I'm getting more experience. Nervous

By the way, since it surprised me quite a bit once I saw it, I figure you'd probably appreciate this heads-up; my Ryu is starting the battle with a 75% White Aura. Boggle
Blade

Member #99

Apr 30, 2008 4:12

Hmm I could see how I majorly f***ed that up. I really didn't/haven't been reading into the whole battling thing that much, or else I may have noticed the serpentine disadvantage stuff... (aka I didn't even check that degeneration works off arcane, since mine is rather horrible...and I didn't try banishing because I figured my virtue wasn't high enough and totally forgot about the high arcane factor)

..anywho....whatever experience is experience

Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 30, 2008 12:47

Yeah, elemental disadvantages. How could you know that something that is very specific and noted in the game would have some sort of effect on the outcome of a battle?

And there is no high arcane factor, not anymore. Remember? That big deal that was made about version four-point-five just a few weeks ago? It is still on the the bleedin' main page!

And no, your Virtue isn't high enough for a ban to be good, but with how pathetic your degeneration is, bans are still better.

"Just call me the Suck-Stopper! Scratch that. Don't... don't ever call me that." ~ Shawn Spencer, Psych
Sword
Blade

Member #99

May 1, 2008 2:05

Why does the sword Icon in the above post say 'blade uses friendlier greeting'

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the gameboy I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may gale,
  But my battery is yet to fail.
  So in a dank corner I will lie,
  And watch the hours go sailing by.
  And while I lie in this nintendo-induced trance,
  I decide I'll give Pokemon Crystal a chance.
  --my random quotation exploitation

MintMan

Member #1

May 1, 2008 4:14

What the blutty 'el does "on topic" mean? Has anyone on RE ever heard of this strange, mythical beast? Methinks it is about to be added to the joke bestiary along with the Snake, the Auditor, and, um... your face! Burn...

Battalon set a FriendlierGreeting. It is a trap; you have to set traps. That is what they do.
  Afiag attacked you; you used FriendlierGreeting. Thus, her attacking you triggered the trap, meaning you were the object of his trap-setting-ness.

Funly enough, both Batt and Afiag are dancing with their current actions, so he'll continue to set traps, and she'll continue to spring them. Hilarity ensues. * since she's been cursed, uses AmethystAura on Afiag , thus compounding the aforementioned hilarity *

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

May 1, 2008 12:19

On-topic-ness at RE is rather unlikely, considering the community's almost non-existent attention-span. Case-in-point: The April Fools day topic, which Skulkraken posts in exactly one month later than the last post, still having been the second most recent topic on that board. And to be fair, I would think FtRPG questions specific to an action that just happened would be about as good an excuse for sidetracking as you can get, considering it's pertaining to something that's actually happening in the topic.

Anyway, I'm going to take this tangent as an opportunity to bring up something I wanted to mention earlier but didn't, as it seemed rather off-topic (whee, irony): I'm not sure how to separate what parts of my technique are associated with whom. I mean, I'm pretty sure that Dance and Trap are associated with me (in that I'm setting traps, Trap isn't carrying over to Blade). But does Song carry over in the trap, or is it applied to me as well? Aside from that, I've just set Blade so that anyone who tries to hit him will get cursed, damaged, dispelled, and hit by a bunch of elementals, which I forget how the replace-other-elements thing is dealt with when multiple elements are used in the same technique. Which is important because one of those elements is Shadow, which could cause the recipient of all this stuff to actually be healed by it after the first hit. Hmm, this could be interesting.

Basically, he's the victim of my attempting to clean house a bit with my cavalcade of poorly-planned techs and tokens. And it's working in his favor.

""~Camo

[Edited by Battalon127 on May 1, 2008 12:22]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 1, 2008 13:44

"Replace other elements thing"? No clue what that's supposed to even mean. You're attacking with a shadow strike, so Af will absorb the damage and she is also cursed; simple as that. I guess if you set them on someone you wanted a friend to attack so they could get healed, it would make sense... but with all that other stuff in there.... Yeah, that is just poor planning.

There is an order to all the techs, which I think has had to be stated 'round here quite a few times. Song is one of the last meta-effects to kick into effect; pretty much after you get everything else outta the way, double it. Bottle is first, followed by Dance, then Bio, Forge, and Summon. I don't think Transform even really counts in the order anywhere as its effect is so confuzzling that not even it understands just how it works.
  Bah, lousy death targeting. Restoration just had to exist, didn't it? * hopes slow and steady wins the race and uses Forge for maximum maximizing *

"And God bless mustaches. It's like a bush ugly can hide behind!" ~ Sean Carless
Battalon127

Member #25

May 1, 2008 14:30

"The action and the user gain the element of Blank, replacing all previous elements."

How does that work when multiple elements are in the same tech? I have a feeling this may have come up back in the heyday of FtRPG, but I can't remember, and gone are the days when I could spend time sifting through old posts. Is there an order to elements, too, or do they just stack if applied in the same move? So Song is effected before Trap then? I'm familiar with the order (to a degree) but I didn't know how Trap fit in there.

I rather enjoy just sitting back and watching others duke it out, so (pretending for a moment this is an active forum where FtRPG battles actually occurred with some regularity) I think I'll hold on to this guy for mischief-making.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly--the evil deeds along with the good--and let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence. ~Dinobot, Beast Wars (also, Shakespeare)
MintMan

Member #1

May 1, 2008 20:00

Oh, that. I didn't think it needed explained that all elements on a single tech took effect at the same time. I mean, what other order would it go in? Alphabetical like they are listed in on the tech page?! For swear...

Dunno why it would matter what element Blade is turning, tho'. He's been dead forever; he doesn't get anything from your non-stop-stupid dance. Why don't you bleedin' break that thing before Afiag lives forever? * creates a NotForeverStick *

"If it's any consolation to you, by the way, I'm creeping myself out." ~ Craig Ferguson
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

May 1, 2008 21:32

Well that's what I assumed, but how the hell would I know for sure? Excuse my curiosity.

Let's see, how do I break a dance? Will using another tech do it? Let's see, * uses blessedShield on Afiag * I dunno why my continued dancing would affect Af anymore though. If Blade is dead, he shouldn't be an available target anymore and therefore wouldn't be springing anything on her. But, again, I'm just guessing here, as I'm not privy to all the inner workings of this website.

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 1, 2008 22:13

Well, you could know because of, y'know, common sense.... Alphabetical!
  Also, if all elements in a tech didn't go through, then that would sorta make combining multiple elements pointless, now wouldn't it? I dunno how many times I gotta say it -- every token combination has use. You can't shove "worthless" tokens into a tech as nothing is without effect.

And, as already mentioned by, um, me, like, just four posts ago, death targeting exists because of restoration tokens. (Psst, that's Restore. Normally, I wouldn't feel that needed to be explained any further, but you have me wondering recently...) Pfft, talkin' about digging through the forums to find out stuff. What use is that if you apparently can't even remember eight hours ago? * although Batts should be drawin' this heat, instead brings forth a DivineCannonCrusher on Afiag with a NotForeverStick for maximum death-type stuff *

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

May 1, 2008 23:05

*Sigh Of course you did. I can't believe this- I'm regressing to near Ice-level noobiness. Trust me, I'm not normally this big of an idiot. I think I'll just shut up now before I swallow my foot all together.

How ironic. He's blind after a lifetime of enjoying being able to see. ~Homer Simpson
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

May 1, 2008 23:39
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Now JEEZ. This is fun. And I'm not dead, of course. Blade IS still targeted, dead or not, until I decide to do something else. I do like my new tech very much though, dancing is great. Though this whole thing is a weird mess.
  I could break it by retaliating to MintMan, but would picking a pointless end it as well?

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 23, 2024 6:10 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022