Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 24:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Latest BD Monster

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 23, 2008 9:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I know it's been a while, but a new beast is coming to BD. For realzies Shifty Eyes

It's in early development, but, um... Behold!

The Eoster Egg!

Long has this mythical piece been imbedded in history. Why, the stories of the Spring Goddess' egg-laying hare are prominant. Now, it comes to BD... Really Wink

NameEoster Egg
ClassificationFoil Wrapped Treat
OriginPagan
In Myth: The spring goddess, Eoster, once rescued a bird from the cold winter by transforming it into a hare. This transformation only took partially as the new bird-bunny still laid eggs. It are these eggs that continue the flamboyant legacy!

NameChocolate Hare
ClassificationFlatback or bust! Am I right, folks?
OriginThe Candy Isle (tee-hee! pfun!)
In Myth: The creation of the Spring Goddess. The rabbit still carries some bird like qualities but, for unknown reasons, eventually became a block of solid chocolate, occationally with a caramel center or nuts.

NameMarshmallow Chick
ClassificationFluffy Avian
OriginJust Born
In Myth: More than bunnies popped out of Eoster's Eggs. Sometimes, these squishy birds are produced. Not quite what their ancestors once were, these boneless fowl have stubby wings and no beaks. They do, however, have a fine, crystalline coat of feathers that make them sparkle and induce diabetes.
  Diabetes is mentioned in ancient folklore, shut up. Prove me wrong.

And I wonder just how many people were pissed off with inflated expectations of this topic's title? Oh well.

Rock that Easter basket, all. Gobbo signing off.

"He's Wang-tastic!"
  - Tazz, ECW, and not about penis.

[Edited by MintMan on Mar 23, 2008 9:57]
LeeTupper

Member #42

Mar 23, 2008 21:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I know what MY next adoption will be.

Seriously, happy Easter everybody, and thanks for that ray of enlightenment, Gobs.
Afiag

Member #242

Mar 23, 2008 23:54
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's very excellent. Laughing

Happy Zombie Day, all!

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Mar 24, 2008 15:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hooray for sugary goodness! 'Tis something I can relate to quite well.

Mom was the one that sent the peep show to me. On a scale of 1 to 10, how disturbed should I be?
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 24, 2008 16:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Let us count the ways you should be disturbed...

1) The strippeeps are more clothed than regular naked peoples, so the patrons are paying to see that taboo marshmallow indulgence of clothing.
  2) The chicks aren't the ones dancing Boggle That ain't the kind of joint I'd wanna be in.
  3) One of the patron chicks has an eye that is slowly falling of its head. Maybe that's a cigarette like the others, but the far guy definitely looks like he is melting.
  4) Peeps apparently have their own monetary system of tiny money, meaning that we've been devouring intelligent albeit delicious creatures for many decades.
  5) One of the bunnies is impaled. I guess with the shuriken the one is carrying and the apparent shackles around the bunnies' legs? (when did they get those? Mutilation, too?!), this is apparently some sort of S&M parlor. Dunno 'bout you all, but that counts as disturbing in my book.
  6) That chocolate bunny is hollow. Hollow bunnies suck. Nuthin' to do with the Peeps, but who wants to pay for air? That money can be used to watch burlesque marshmallow bunnies instead!

So I guess your distrurbed ten-scale has to be broken with about a fifty or so. Your mom is weird.

"I was supposed to be that goat!" ~ Shawn Spencer, Psych
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 24, 2008 19:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Although to be fair, I can't see any disturbed-meter lasting long around these forums anyway. Particularly if you're Tris.

Anyway, Happy Easter. Were this monster to be made available I would happily adopt one, especially diabetis-chick.

How ironic. He's blind after a lifetime of enjoying being able to see. ~Homer Simpson
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Mar 27, 2008 18:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

lol I supposed that's rather true. Thanks for the laughs.

BTW, peeps with their eyes falling off is a regular occurrence. This was from my own peeps a few years back.

And yes, hollow bunnies are a rip off.
Zedd

Member #76

Mar 29, 2008 24:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...OK, I'm going to bite. What are these 'peeps'? Rabbit-shaped marshmallows?

To sit on the fence is a dangerous call, but someone's gotta do it.
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 29, 2008 2:06

Think pure sugar, only sugarier. Essentially they are an incredibly hardy marshmallow coated in colored sugar and shaped like chicks, bunnies, etc and are either incredibly disgusting or concentrated awesome, depending on who you ask (I lean toward the former, myself).

Let's see, they originated as chick-shaped, but have since expanded into a myriad of colors, shapes, and holiday-representations. They expand to ridiculous proportions when microwaved and are thought by many to be nigh-on indestructible (this is, of course, absurd, but science has been done on them determining that they are harder to destroy than they appear).

If you were interested in them, I am sure someone from here the land of Peeps would be able to send some to you. I can't imagine any shipping conditions they wouldn't survive. Honestly, they'd outlast Tom Hanks in Castaway.

How ironic. He's blind after a lifetime of enjoying being able to see. ~Homer Simpson
Afiag

Member #242

Mar 29, 2008 11:47
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Or you could sum all that up to one thing - Marshmallows of evil. Fluffy and menacing, doomishly delicious.

* class changes to Rogue *

Dade: [On the phone] "Norman? This is Mr. Eddie Vedder, from Accounting. I just had a power surge here at home that wiped out a file I was working on. Listen, I'm in big trouble, do you know anything about computers?

Norm [Security guard]: "Uhhmmm... uh gee, uh..."

Dade: "Right, well my BLT drive on my computer just went AWOL, and I've got this big project due tomorrow for Mr. Kawasaki, and if I don't get it in, he's gonna ask me to commit Hari Kari...

Norm: "Uhhh.. ahahaha..."

Dade: "Yeah, well, you know these Japanese management techniques. (pause) Could you, uh, read me the number on the modem?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 29, 2008 18:22

Wow, not knowing the bliss of Peeps. It seems so strange to my spoiled American ass since I can only remember the Spring with yellow sugar crystals stuck to my fingers and lips. Fear not, the species has been widely and in-depthly researched by some braves souls to tell you everything you'll have to know.

"We drank for three days straight: yesterday, today, and tomorrow."
  -JBL on the ol' APA days.
Zedd

Member #76

Mar 31, 2008 3:44
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Good gods... That's waaay too much research on a sweet. Tell me that's just a way to get basic science into uninterested brains and not an actual research facility?

To sit on the fence is a dangerous call, but someone's gotta do it.
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 31, 2008 9:44

Heh, it was probably founded by some rich guy on a sugar bender.

""~Camo
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Mar 31, 2008 22:32

That was a pretty disturbing unofficial peeps site there, Gobbs. How could they destroy something so sugary and pure?
  ...or rather, pure sugar.

Also, because I have nothing else smart to say about the sweet marshmallow candies, I give you this:

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 24:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022