Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 18:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Battle Level Question

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Skulkraken

Member #128

Oct 4, 2007 1:29
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've entered into that huge Seasons tournament, but it's got me wondering about something:

I've noticed that the level range for it goes up to 50. What exactly will happen if my level 16 Tatzel gets matched up against something at a much higher level than itself?
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 4, 2007 4:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As it states on the main tourney page, levels don't matter. Just like in any other tournament you've ever been in, the life of the two monsters will be averaged and used as an adjusted maximum. That's the reason you've only had a Life stat equal to the one seen in your account when in a match-up against a monster of exactly the same level.

Seems strange that this question isn't directly answered in the FAQ since I know it's come up before. I know it is stated somewhere on this site explicitly. It is prolly one of those legacy things since that evened life wasn't an original feature of tournaments -- just something that came along with NDR.

"How can you tell a Scottish tan is fake? Because it's a tan." ~ Craig Ferguson

[Edited by MintMan on Oct 4, 2007 4:44]
Blade

Member #99

Jul 13, 2008 2:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Since I really didn't want to start another new post (simply for the fact that it would be my fourth in a row) I decided to ask this question here as it relates to a monster's level...from a battle.

My question is this: What would be a good stat to boost for a 'hogg? And say if I boosted defence (not that it needs it in egg form) does that boost stay there once it hatches (and thus has a loss in defence)

* brings forth a Blitz as it is the familiar in question * I didn't know I could do that Boggle

Got Pr0n?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 13, 2008 9:16

Um, what do you mean a loss in defense? How could boosting your defense result in a loss of the stat?

Boost defense. It goes up one point. Your egg rises from 30 to 31.
  It hatches. Normally, a hatchling has 18 (or something like that). Since it was boosted, it has one higher than that. No loss anywhere I see. * brings forth an Apostle on Blade as a reminder to pay attention to updates *

"Aha, they'll never see my missiles under here."
  Why to never trust a man with a beard.
  Craig Ferguson
Sword
Blade

Member #99

Jul 17, 2008 3:12

oh okay, just checking... but anywho...what would be something good to boost?

Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 17, 2008 7:33

There really is no true good thing to boost. Generally, I go with what I think I need help with or what is already over the top. Agility for my Kamaitachi, Strike for just about everyone else ('cuz I got the mad-suck luck Crying )

"This tutorial will cover how to move sprites on the screen in a more
  proffesional manner..."
  - Vic's QBasic Programming Tutorial. It's... proffesional!
Blade

Member #99

Feb 18, 2009 9:19

Does the level thing apply to regular battles too? My guess is no but it doesn't hurt to ask. Due to my looking at my present battle and simply saying "F***" loudly due to my accidentally challenging Zig.. I coulda sworn I chose Torgo to battle... even did my grid/AI for it D'oh
  EDIT: did my own familiar just nail me??

[Edited by Blade on Feb 18, 2009 9:26]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 18, 2009 13:49

Really? You were challenging Torgo? I would have normally called into question getting challenged by someone five levels below my own familiars -- even with a more effective element -- but you almost always reject my challenges to Drake, so I figured this was what you had intended.

In regular battles, level does matter. If it didn't matter here, then where would it? Possibly in outer space, but that hypothetical scenario doesn't matter, 'cause it does, in fact, apply in normal fights. Zig had a hefty helping of health more than Drake going into this thing.

"Sorry, I think gold is gay. Both start with a G, so the connection is undeniable." ~ Neil McGilloway
Sword
Blade

Member #99

Feb 19, 2009 5:16

Yup, i wanted to see if I could try and change my grid/AI and beat him since I lost in the tourney... musta been on drugs when I clicked the challnge thing... not that I use anything Shifty Eyes

Got Pr0n?
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Feb 19, 2009 16:53
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What's that? Battles in space? I like where this is going.

* uses CupidsArrow on Apostle *

Penguin Power!
Sword
Blade

Member #99

Feb 20, 2009 21:45

So, how'd I go?? did I get close or what???

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 21, 2009 24:09

You actually got closer than I had expected, thanks in large part to that missed Poison Breath. Save up a while for one big move while your Arcane is nilled, and what else should I expect but a miss?

I am fairly certain, however, that even if our levels were even, Zig still woulda pulled through. Normally, the Tatzies that give my Bassy a problem pack Fear or other Bestial Bans. I was 78% Black Aura last I saw, and with no magic on your side, I was fairly tearing up!

On his rise, Zig did challenge some T-Wurms, coming out victorious more often than not. I guess the level difference was much too much for elemental advantage and a grid meant for another monster altogether Shifty Eyes

PS: Space battles will commence exclusively on MyRealitysEndSpace, launch date in another ten years~!

In the zone, and out of his mind.
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 21, 2009 15:03

Oh oh oh! Can we make pages for our familiars and have them poke you?
  Will we be able to pet other people's familiars? Can I purchase a lair for my familiars and personalize with furnishings that serve no more purpose other than decoration?
  Oh, and hats, my Basilisk has GOT to have a fedora.

"To Hell: On Purpose" - MintMan
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 18:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022