Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 18:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Myspace?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
TherealDragonmaster

Member #262

Jan 18, 2007 14:41
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Can I use the html fragment to post my monsters on my myspace page it is sorta like my own websit just wondering
  p.s. be nice

I love dragons!!!!!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 18, 2007 14:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, this is relavent.

Well, no, unfortnately. Believe you me, I wish that site would allow it, but MySpace has this whole thing about not allowing scripts of most any kind on a page, so it's their end, now this side, that's to blame.

"That is the least heterosexual thing I have ever heard."
  -John "Bradshaw" Layfield
TherealDragonmaster

Member #262

Jan 18, 2007 17:12

i kinda figured but it was just wishful thinking

I love dragons!!!!!
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 18, 2007 22:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It technically would be possible for me to make a defanged adoptable display for just the sort of sites that do not allow SCRIPT tags on 'em. In fact, back on VirtualAve, there was a time when all of BD had to operate like this. Of course, this sort of adoptable does not keep any (or at least a current) information on such things as level, experience, or spells.

That's not the problem, tho'. The real problem is that such sites and pages that disallow scripts -- blogs, forum signatures, and the like -- are just the sorts of places I don't want adoptables being placed. Those things are just pointless shells for hits; experience points would go through the rough without any real reason other than some idiot having ten or so friends that want to know what their idiot friend ate for lunch and how emo he feels about it Mean Look
  Granted, this is not everyone's situation, but 'tis enough to make me more than spiteful. I don't want RE to degrade into some shill game like Carnage Generation Wars or whatever the crap passes for entertainment these days.
TherealDragonmaster

Member #262

Jan 19, 2007 10:08

But it would help people like me who don't have their own website like me, and not to mention it'll be like a commercial to the site and lots more people will join, though I think its getting sorta crowded

I love dragons!!!!!
Blade

Member #99

Jan 19, 2007 10:12

The people would be morons

*;cross strike power focus blast Berserker*

and once again i cannot make this technique, and yes i am aware of the semicolon

That's just ignorant you're being ignorant stop it... - Mr. Jefferson, South Park
TherealDragonmaster

Member #262

Jan 19, 2007 10:17

don't kno wat the hell ur talking about

*whistles and walks away quickly*

I love dragons!!!!!
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 19, 2007 10:26

Blade is just mentioning how he is too stupid to read the FtRPG forum and find out that he cannot combine the Focus token because he doesn't own it -- he's just learning it.

Strange that he speaks of morons when making a blatant display of moronality...

And yeah, I know it would be "advertising" of a sort, but a huge drain on resources and mostly for the types I don't want here anyways. That's the whole idea of the shilling aspect.

I have been trying to think of some non-memory intense way to give members a single page on which to put some sort of site (lowly customizable and prolly worst-off than what I've seen Neopets hand out), but it keeps ending up worthless, pointless, or back to the Warlord Carnage War Generation click-whoring -- bah, feh, and resentment!
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 19, 2007 12:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Considering the limitations you'd face trying to offer members their own little page, people might as well get free hosting somewhere. As long as it's not MaxPages or Angelfire, or some other ad-laden hell-hole, they're probably going to get more out of it, without sucking up your space. I mean, sure Geocities sucks, but they can host a BD familiar and REL gym.

My other sig is a Porsche.
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 19, 2007 16:17

Well, essentially, said page would be a familiar, some stats, and only a small, editable area. The color and borders would still prolly be the same as any RE page.

I think the main dealio was some RPG-centritasticy, but seeing as how the RPG code has been stranged on my borked 'puter for months now, no hopes of that happenin' any time soon.
Blade

Member #99

Jan 20, 2007 6:53

Freewebs? As far as I know its not ad-riddled..heh I sure was being a moron. I happen to already have a freewebs site (that I made....a loong time ago, long enough for me to forget it until i saw it on my master account)..

F*** off! *headbutts* still need a www.dictionary.com?
TherealDragonmaster

Member #262

Jan 22, 2007 9:36

I'm thinking about making a website just for showing off my (newly hatched) hatchling

I love dragons!!!!!
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 22, 2007 12:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Make sure to use an elaborate and bright background and brightly colored text so as to draw people's attention. Or maybe find a picture (the more complex the better) and just tile it. Also, try and find some of those animated text thingies that flash and blink for the more important text, those are really catchy. Ooh, and mouse trails, use mouse trails. But above all, make absolutely sure that you have the loudest, most catchy midi you can find embedded as background music. And hide the media buttons so it can't be turned off; this is your site and YOU decide what the visitors are going to hear or not hear!

[Edit- And one more thing, in case you, for some reason, think I'm serious, don't do anything written above. For every thing mentioned above that you do, I shall kill you. I am so not even joking. (Well, maybe about the killing thing, at least in a literal sense. Maybe.) You would, however, fit in quite well at Geocities. ]

Heroes continues tonight!!!!!

[Edited by Battalon127 on Jan 22, 2007 12:28]
TherealDragonmaster

Member #262

Jan 22, 2007 12:27

Yeah I guess but I don't want anyone coming to my site and the music will be too loud or something like that so I'll try to have an on and off button and volume control on my site

I love dragons!!!!!

[Edited by TherealDragonmaster on Jan 22, 2007 12:28]
Battalon127

Member #25

Jan 22, 2007 12:30

Holy quick replies Batman! That was fast. Just in case you didn't notice it (since I was probably writing it as/after you replied), read my edit to my previous post. Then, just to be safe, read it again. Now, never forget it. Never.

Heroes continues tonight!!!!!

[Edited by Battalon127 on Jan 22, 2007 12:33]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 18:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022