Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 7:53 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Challenge from... Geirrek?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Ice

Member #46

Jul 16, 2006 12:53
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm just curious, after being challenged by the game's creator... Do I even stand a chance against you? From looking at the comparison, I would normally decline the challenge because it appears that I would be at a disadvantage, but you don't seem like someone who would simply challenge someone because you knew for sure you would win.

So, have I got any chance?

°(~.~)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2006
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 16, 2006 13:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, maybe. I have been beaten by a Tatzelwurm before. Of course, that Tatzelwurm was Cheetarius's, and I have a nasty habit of never being able to beat Cheetarius ever (typically on account of piss-poor luck).

There are not many I would care to challenge who have a level slightly greater than my own; I was already stagnated on by DarknessRuler, and before I try Neo_Silver, I figured I would just give you a go.

I don't ever recall seeing a battle log of yours against one of the Garms that have made their way up before me, so it is difficult to say if you'll win or not. Recently, I have just been building my level against Hydras and Jabberwocks.
Ice

Member #46

Jul 22, 2006 12:04
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, while I have a feeling that you're likely to beat me (mostly because it's been a while since I've played and my strategizing skills are not at their peak) I suppose I can give it a shot. Besides, I don't think I've ever battled you before, so it should be good practice to see how badly I can be beat.

Somehow I have a feeling you should be the one doing this, not me.
  * uses Trap *

:Update:

As expected, I lost. Just how close was it, and do you have any suggestions for improvement on my behalf?

Shame Ethereal Enterprises died forever ago.
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 22, 2006 16:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I didn't get to see how close it was since everything moved by lightning speed, but it does seem that my bestial magicks pushed Torgo over the top.

Your big problem, I would say, is blowing some turns over-maxing your strength. You can do a lot in a turn, and wasting it light that is a bad, bad thing. With already (or nearly) maxed strength, you could have been using some more physical attacks, thus taking advantage of your powerhousing.
  Envenom was prolly also a poor choice to use, even coupled with Clash. Tatzy just doesn't have the know-how to make degens really stick.

Himmy has a really poor tech selection. I woulda thought that you'd be able to learn more than that by now. The best thing for fighting a guy like this again would probably involve using Fear in your Magic bar and Clash in your Special. Tatzelwurm's Virtue may not be great, but a Garm's sure is worse. Add its Arcane on top of that, and its a glass house to banishments.
Lymfada

Member #214

Jul 23, 2006 22:55
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mint I know your advise to him is very valid as you dont give bad advise but on the flip side you have to experiment with different things to figure what works and dosent. When poor ole Phoenix hit 20 I had to do a lot of experimnets (hence the string of losses). So Ice keep it up and develop a couple of strats against different creatures.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
Ice

Member #46

Jul 29, 2006 1:21

Yeah, to be perfectly honest, my problem is that I come back here and look at this stuff about once a month or so, so I never really get into the groove of things, nor do I honestly have much of a strategy or a perception of how the battle will work out, thus the wasted stength. If I could see the effects while planning out my move usage (ie "if none are lowered by opponent, your strength will be maxed here...") I might have seen a bit better chance, but that's the bonus that those who regularly play get.

Shame Ethereal Enterprises died forever ago.
Skulkraken

Member #128

Nov 13, 2006 2:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Geirrek....

Dang. I've been out of play so long that I forgot who used that account. D'oh

... My Tatzel also relies rather heavily on Envenom, but I'll leave my creature's AI alone to see how it fares.
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 13, 2006 2:59

Hmm, I wonder if a topic that details exactly how to defeat me is a good thing to leave on display. That could wind up hurtin' me down the line...

Well, it looks like your last battle was against a Garm, too, and it seems that Baskerville came out on top. If your current AI doesn't pull through on this fight, either, you might wanna reconsider your strategy... or just not fight Garms.

"I know why I sometimes comes off as condescending; it's because I'm better than you." ~ Alex Trebek, Late Night's Secrets
Skulkraken

Member #128

Nov 15, 2006 2:20
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I lost. I've gone ahead and altered my grid and AI to make less use of degeneration in future battles.
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 15, 2006 20:34

Well, as I do believe this topic already said, degeneration was the wrong way to go, especially in that amount. Sure, I had low Virtue, but you had low Arcane. So long as your attacks were not Serpentine, you could muster some pretty hefty damage against my Garm.

Also, the degens would have taken quite a toll on my hound had the battle lasted longer. However, since you had a vulnerability to my beastiness, you shoulda looked for a quicker victory. Even a RazorAssult/Fear/Infectious/Fear woulda worked out nicely.

... sure hope no future Tatzelwurm opponents read this Shifty Eyes
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 7:53 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022