Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 11:55 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Spell training question

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
fightertype

Member #227

Jun 29, 2006 10:29
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I... don't think my percentages have gone up at all, despite the fact that I've been using my spells. Boggle

Also, Gash used to be up at 100% and I think (could be wrong) that Blur was as well... is there some reason it reset down to 0 a few levels ago? I first noticed that it had reset shortly after I picked up my last spell... (Knockdown)

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 29, 2006 11:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Trust me, Fightertype. This is gonna hurt me a lot more than it hurts you. * unfortunately uses LandSmite on fightertype *

Taken straight from the FA-o-Q from Spells & Techs :: How do I increase my practice rating?:
You can only train up all of your spells by so much every level.

This has got to be the most asked question in these forums,and you'd think the FAQ answered them easily enough...

As for your practice rating going down, yes, the practice rating did, but the strength of your spells didn't. If you noticed that you percent zero'd out, you should have also noticed that your Spell Levels all increased by one. Gash is now SL3 Attack, Blur is SL3 Agility Up, and so on.
  With a 0% practice rating, they are all effectively SL2 still, which is just where you left off.

Everybody loses their training at level ten and twenty; you get new spells, so of course you're going to lose it.
Sword
fightertype

Member #227

Jun 30, 2006 9:12
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I. Know. That! I reread that section of the faq before posting, believe it or not. My concern is that I don't believe it changed AT ALL during level 10.

Level 9 it increased. Level 10 it did not. Level 11 it has already increased, so I'm not really all that worried about, as the problem does not seem to be continuing.

Reseting percentage: Okay, no, I didn't notice the change in spell level... That makes more sense. You might add into the faq that the practice level resets to 0% when the spell levels.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 30, 2006 10:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I never really thought I had to. No one else ever asked. Guess everyone else always kinda figured it out.

This isn't even a two-stage monster thing, either. Hatchlings can change their form before ten, and I don't recall any guff about zeroing out.

Regardless, where am I supposed to put it? An entire separate entry called "Why did my training go to zero percent?" I know you are more intelligent than this, but classically, blokes over-look the obvious section no matter where it should be. Make a new section, people will look at the old one. Put it in the old one, people will look for a different section because they "already know what training is." 'Specially since most only read the FAQ once and never reconsult...

As for your training lack... um... were you using your spells? Stupid question, I know, but an obvious place to start lookin'.

At any rate, your Gash is at 34% right now. Since the system allows only solid training in one spell to get up to 34% exactly without giving any training to any other spell per level, and you obviously have training in your other spells, you had to have gained some practice in your previous level. Unless your 'Tachi is, like, special or something and can break algebra, which I highly doubt it can.... right Shifty Eyes
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 11:55 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022