Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 24:04 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Grid Advice

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Nitron

Member #267

Jun 17, 2006 16:54
Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hello all,
  I am a new player to battling dragons. My familiar is a miraj bunny with the following spells and techs:

BunBun Missile
  Kick
  Jump
  Enrage
  Fear

I was just wondering how I could set my grid in a way that I can get the hang of the game and do more challenging things.

thanks,
  Nitron the Ninja Apple
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 17, 2006 17:21
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah! A user of the most neglected familiar in the realm of Battlign Dragons. Well, you are fortunate as I am not only the most prominate Al-mi'raj tamer in the game but their creator Smile

Since you have just started, you can only pack four techs in your grid, or at least you should only pack four too keep usability up.

Depending on what you are fighting, I would suggest the following arrangement:

PowerKickBunBun Missile
MagicFear / Jump
SpecialEnrage

Right now, you are pretty rigid in possibilities, but the Miraj is a surprisingly potent weapon. The two most important techs you have right now would have to be Enrage and BunBun Missile. One is a solid, powerful attack (at least for its level). The other makes that attack even stronger. For every iteration of your power bar cycle, I would recommend using these techs. The last stage of it is conditional to the situation, as indicated with the slash-mark.

If you are fighting a foe of weak magical ability, such as a Tatzlwurm, or one with very high physical defense, such as a Nidhogg egg, Fear should definently be your choice in the Magic bar, the only bar where you can slot it, actually. Low virtue creatures will take a good dent from the technique, especially if they are also a Serpent, opposed to your Bestial classification. A Jabberwock is a good example.

If you were to face a very magically potent beast, like a Bennu or Hrimfaxi, then Fear would be a waste. As a low level Banishment, the rabbit does not carry the Virtue to deal significant damage to these foes. Instead, another stat booster, Jump, would be handy. You would want to focus on increasing your strength and laying out powerful attacks in these cases, using jump to build up some guard and buffer the time for more BB-Ms.

Kick, right now, is rather a place filler. It cannot be slotted in any other bar, and the technique above it is 100% superior to its use. As of now, I would not use it, unless you wanted to try and just pump someone full of a constant back-and-forth of Kicks & Enrage, a tactic that I would not recommend, especially since it would not help train you only and crucial Spell.

Hope that helps. Mirajs are a very useful species and get a pretty wide range of techs as they grow, giving them a good range with stats that don't fall too far in any direction.

Viva la coney!

Valk:that punch was really a venom punch hahahaha youll be uconsious in a few mins.
  - My Kamaitachi, Part II
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 24:04 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022