Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 16:49 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Challenges

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
darkneo92

Member #266

May 18, 2006 23:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whenever I challenge someone, they never seem to respond. This is most likely because they haven't seen the response, yet. Still, it takes them a while to respond. I once had to wait like a month, for someone to respond, so I just exited out of the battle. Is there any way to gain exp, on your own. I remember the rpg used to let you do that. It's just boring having to wait for people to respond.

W. C. Fields - "I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally."
MintMan

Member #1

May 18, 2006 23:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, you never had to wait a month. The script cancels battles after ten days. This is exactly the reason I started putting up the date the challenge was made; everyone always over-exaggerated such lengths and two weeks and twenty days and what-not.
  You didn't wait that long. No one did. No one ever has. Ten days, and the challenge is canceled.

You are probably challenging people who either no longer check their e-mail or simply delete all challenge requests. That is exactly why I put up the challenge data on the account pages. If you want a response, at least challenge someone with a high percentage of responses. Failing that, at least make sure they have been active recently. There are ghosts left over from years ago. Surprisingly, some will actually give you a response. More often than not, tho', you will not hear from them.

When you speak about getting experience on your own, you are referring to the RPG somewhat. In fact, you are referring to something I shall never commit against this site; if members had a way of gaining experience by themselves, there would be a whole slew of max-level idiots who played the game non-stop until they reached that point. That is what happened with the RE League; that is what happens with every game known to man; that is not going to happen here.
  The RPG only gives out limited bits of experience in packets. And, since it too is severely limited in its length thus far, the possible experience you could earn is somewhere around zero. I am pretty sure there is as least ten XP hiding in there somewhere, tho'.

Other than that, shove yourself on the battle board and have people come to you.
darkneo92

Member #266

Jun 2, 2006 21:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm. Didn't you make the rpg allow you to gain exp. till fifth level. I remember it occuring. Anyways, I may have over exaggerated the month thing. Sorry about that. I'll see the battle board. Thanx

W. C. Fields - "I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally."
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 3, 2006 24:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, the old system had a MUD-like experience buffer on it, but I got tired of every idiot asking why they received less and less experience until they eventually received none (although this was clearly explained everywhere), so I switched it for the packet system instead.

Good ol' idiots. Ruining it for the rest of us every time.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 16:49 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022