Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 6:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Everlast Malfunction

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
animewatcher

Member #258

May 4, 2006 11:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

During the tournament, I notice that my life total isn't 25 points higher.

Im right now fighting SailorSassyStar and Artimis. She, like Elquim, is lvl 25 so the life shouldn't change to compensate for level difference.

I looked in the log and see Everlast's activation sentence, "Ancient energy surrounds Elquim". But I don't see my maximum life as 550.

I checked out Artimis's profile to make sure about the life totals, and its life is 525 just like Elquim's. I'm guessing there was a minor glitch in the system that didn't complete Everlast's ability.

"It is easier to forgive an enemy, than to forgive a friend"
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 4, 2006 12:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I believe Ems spoke of Everlast supposedly being faded out from the game. I think he said some parts of it have been removed, and its function could be that.

I believe this is due to "Everlast" in no way being a usable skill at any time. You can say, "Hey, I'll carry you" or "Hey, I'm gonna regrow limbs", but saying "Hey, I'm old" only gives you an excuse to yell at those damn kids on your lawn!

So, I think its just a wasted slot right now, or something. That, or I'm entirely wrong and am askin' for a Land Smiting Dead * brings forth a FirstAidKit to fix any booboos *

"I've dated one Asian girl, she was very Asian. She was a panda." -Jim Gaffigan
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

May 4, 2006 15:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I didn't even know that Hydra still had it. I thought only Bennu did. I mean, Hydra has three skills? When the Hel did that happen?

The reason I never noticed it is 'cause all of the skill messages are kept in a text file away from the actual functionality.

* uses LandSmite on MadGoblin for kicks *

"You know they call corn-on-the-cob 'corn-on-the-cob,' but that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that 'corn,' and call every other version 'corn-off-the-cob.' It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call it 'Mitch,' then reattach it and call me 'Mitch-all-together.'" ~ Mitch Hedberg
Sword
animewatcher

Member #258

May 4, 2006 15:41

*Laughs at the way Goblin discussed Everlast*

Well crap lol, ymean I've slotted and been carrying around and empty skill? Hahaha damn, that's a point well spent.

I had no idea that Everlast was hollow now. I'll replace it quickly. Thanks guys lol

Edit: Oh and btw Mint, Hydra have 4 skills if you count the hollow Everlast hahaha. Everlast, Regeneration, Scent, and Alert are available to them Upside Down Smile

[Edited by animewatcher on May 4, 2006 15:45]
MintMan

Member #1

May 6, 2006 13:40

Yeah, I mean to say "more than three," not just "three." Just about everything has three; it is supposed to be the max. Y'know, like spells an' stuff.

And it won't be wasted. Now that you are out of tourney, I'll just free up that spent point and make sure this sorta thing never happens again.

I really coulda sworn that only Bennu had Everlast on it, too.
animewatcher

Member #258

May 7, 2006 1:47

Lol thanks Mint.

I take it you'll be removing Everlast from Bennus also? (If ya haven't already) Or is their Everlast working properly?

"It is easier to forgive an enemy, than to forgive a friend"
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

May 7, 2006 7:45

The entire function of Everlast is to be removed from the game, hence, regardless of the monster, the skill will not work.

The skill itself is no longer desired. It has nothing to do with Hydra specifically but the skill. It just some people's familiars never had the skill stricken from their know-how.

That, or a basket of puppies!

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
  - Wash, Serenity
MintMan

Member #1

May 7, 2006 10:02

Interesting how Gobbs is fielding questions he doesn't really have the answers for. Must by why he isn't even answering them at all.

Bennu already had it removed. Thus why I already mentioned them. When good ol' Lymfnode got his Pharoah, I first took notice of it. Even then, I had thought the skill had been removed from the game. Turned out, it was, but the file was never uploaded.

I had believed that only Bennu had Everlast. As far as I knew, there were few others that were supposed to have the skill (Peluda, Smirughionio, Koshchei, etc.), but I didn't think the Hydra -- while immortal -- would have it as it already had three other skills.

The reason for its phasing out of the game is that it really isn't an ability that can be used. Skills traditionally involve being able to do something: mad leaps, flight, seeing in darkness, digging, carrying heavy objects. What the frick was being immortal supposed to do?
  See, every skill is supposed to have two components: the permanent ability from being slotted and a usable ability in advanced battles (like there were in M4, for those of you who remember [both of you Tongue]). The only thing Everlast ever had on it was being used to... come back to life once? It really didn't make a lick of sense. Giving a monster more life didn't even really make any sense. In my opinion, it would kinda be like making invulnerability a skill; there are better ways to show that trait.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 6:47 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022