Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 7:40 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: How do I make the Grid?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
pizza

Member #259

Mar 22, 2006 7:27
Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"Select a tech to place into the grid first."

Techs? What and where?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 22, 2006 7:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, let's see what it says in the FAQ, linked to right on the BD main page.

Hm, in the fifth and clearly labeled section "Spells and Techniques", it says:

"Techniques, or techs for short, are the basic actions a monster can take during a fight. They contain one or more effects that are ranked on four different spell levels (SL).
  "A tech's overall level is equal to the combined total of its effects' spell levels. This determines where on a creature's grid the tech may be placed."

And it goes on to say more about them and how to go about with them. Yeah, FAQs. They contain all the help you could ever need on any matter when read.

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
  - River Tam, Firefly
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 22, 2006 9:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Apparently, it is easier to sign up for the forums, wait to confirm your account, post the question, and then wait for an answer than it is to go to the FAQ you are bombarded with since sign up.

There are also all of those handy-dandy links in your log-in such as "Learn Techniques" and "Set Grid" that make the process a bit more obvious.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it." ~ Mitch Hedberg
animewatcher

Member #258

Mar 22, 2006 10:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Easy guys, we all have to start somewhere.

Let's try and keep new people to BD instead of chasing them off right at the get-go.

"It is easier to forgive an enemy, than to forgive a friend"
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 23, 2006 1:40

*eats pizza*
  Oh whaff? Thaff wuff a forum membuh?
  Ooffs...

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
pizza

Member #259

Mar 24, 2006 1:41
Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I tried to find some kind of a help file there but couldn't. Then I posted here.
  (Is that Help link only here in the forums?)

BTW: It says, "You will be presented with a list of techniques that your monster currently knows. To the right of that list will be three seperate meters: Power, Magic, and Special, each marked with a button."
  What list?

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2421/image28av.jpg

[Edited by pizza on Mar 24, 2006 1:48]
Michael

Member #224

Mar 24, 2006 4:42
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

First you've actually got to learn some techs. On the view creature page when you first log-in you will see 'Learn Spells, Techs, and Skills.' Once you've finished this you can go to the grid screen and it should become self-explanatory.

MintMan

Member #1

Mar 24, 2006 5:24

1) The Battling Dragons main page has Frequently Asked Questions right on it.
  2) As I said before, your log-in screen has a Learn Techniques link right on it as well.
  3) Finally, and most importantly, as soon as you signed up, you were given this exact message:

Your account has been set up. You will receive an e-mail concerning the confirmation your account. If you have any questions, please read the FAQ before e-mailing the web master.
  Once your account is confirmed, you will be able to fight against other members.

You can begin your Battling Dragons career right now by teaching your familiar techniques. You can choose your monster's first techs by logging into your account on the main page.

... only filled with in-text links.

I cannot make this stuff any easier, folks.
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 24, 2006 11:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sure ya could. You could set up a sign-up form complete with mailing address and ship yourself to each new member's home to do it all for them! And while you're at it you might as well make some sort of auto-builder for all those REL gyms that no one ever finishes. And a ghost-writer program for BW. And...

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 24, 2006 11:47

Actually, that REL one isn't too shabby...

Or the ghost writing one...

Or the suggestion of free puppies...

* uses Steal on Battalon127's ideas *

Lie, Cheat, Steal! Los Gerreros!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 25, 2006 12:18

Hail mary! The pizza speaks from within my stomach!
  Maybe I should sell gym ideas... anyone interested?

I wish someone would ship me a box o' mints. well, to eat. Or maybe a tin, like those giner altoids, those are ravishing.
  But I do have to say MM, I would be rather surprised to find you in a box on my doorstep...but what a way to meet new people and travel the world!

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 26, 2006 1:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ideas are not what I (nor many other leaders I would imagine) lack, it is time/ambition. Every time I come up with an idea, I have no immediate time to implement it and it decays by the time I can. Which is kind of ridiculous. It's a text based walkthru on a simple HTML page. Since I have a template page for it, the amount of time it takes to add to the gym is literally the time it takes to type the text. But this isn't the place to be talking about it, really.
  And for my free puppies idea which I only thought to myself yet Gobbs still managed to pilfer, * plants a virtual puppy tree * Puppies all around!

What people seem to forget is that Mexicans and Canadians are American too. The United States isn't the only country in North America, despite what some "Americans" might think.

[Edited by Battalon127 on Mar 26, 2006 1:01]
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Mar 26, 2006 1:59
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Mar 24, 2006 5:24, MintMan said:

1) The Battling Dragons main page has Frequently Asked Questions right on it.
  2) As I said before, your log-in screen has a Learn Techniques link right on it as well.
  3) Finally, and most importantly, as soon as you signed up, you were given this exact message:

Your account has been set up. You will receive an e-mail concerning the confirmation your account. If you have any questions, please read the FAQ before e-mailing the web master.
  Once your account is confirmed, you will be able to fight against other members.

You can begin your Battling Dragons career right now by teaching your familiar techniques. You can choose your monster's first techs by logging into your account on the main page.

... only filled with in-text links.

I cannot make this stuff any easier, folks.

Perhaps you should edit that and warn them that beseeching us for help on the forums will be met with notoriously extereme annoyance and anger. Maybe we could cut down on ignorant question topics.

Ideas are like pants. You use them proudly untill you realize that they're not yours.

MintMan

Member #1

Mar 26, 2006 2:34

Surprisingly, we are showing much restraint with the insults. Sure, there are heaps of bitterness to be had (and well-deserved, in my opinion), but a shocking zero insults have been said thus far.

But, I guess you're right. I mean, it isn't as though I have a warning that says not to ask questions here that are answered in the FAQ.

The top of the BD forum has always said:
... Please do not use this board to seek challenges or ask simple questions answered in the FAQ and Help files....

Oh, no, wait... hmm, maybe we should be a li'l harder. * uses LandSmite on animewatcher for telling us to take it easy when it hadn't even been taken hard yet * That'll learn pizza good... by beating up other people Dot Mouth

"I did a radio interview. The DJ's first question was 'Who are you?' I had to think, 'Is this guy really deep? Or did I drive down to the wrong station?'" ~ Mitch Hedberg
Sword
animewatcher

Member #258

Mar 26, 2006 11:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*Animewatcher dodges the blow*

I hate ta say it, but ya really arent showin much restraint. I'm sorry I gotta target ya, but even you too Mint.

Jus look at Lymfada. Callin his post an idiotic one. I dunno what's made you so angry that the slightest sound brings you into a rage, but I do wish you wouldn't take it out on us.

We're your followers Mint. We're not some government spies sent here to try and steal your secrets on making a fun web game. We're just trying to figure out how the game works so we dont have to ask questions like that anymore. Not everything is actually covered in the FAQ, as half the time it is very blunt.

"It is easier to forgive an enemy, than to forgive a friend"

[Edited by animewatcher on Mar 26, 2006 11:48]
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 26, 2006 13:03

That's the thing: everything is answered in the FAQ.

In fact, the only things that are not answered there are when people invent problems for themselves, such when you couldn't figure out why your monster had its correct number of techniques to learn.

At any rate, yes, this is restraint, YFFI. Lymf's post was idiotic; it was three clicks away from being answered. Really. FAQ, Spells and Techniques, How do I increase my practice rating. Three clicks. Asking the question in the forum takes longer and more work to receive an answer, thus making asking it a less than desirable thing to do.

If you want to see something that is actually insulting, you don't need to look far. These forums almost went to war with Pikang and his crew over this very point. Then, he realized just how much of an idiot he was defending when I didn't delete one of the guy's moron topics fast enough.

If we want to scare away a new member, we have the full right to. Reality's End is designed only for people who are smart enough not to post every whim and fancy into the forum. At that point, they start ruining it for the rest of us.
  I'm not getting on pizza for asking how to make a grid (although I really should have torn him up for that; you really have a way of blowing things out of proportion). I am starting to get peeved that he was still having trouble even after directly pointing him to the FAQ and even copy-pasting its contents here.
  That's when the wonder of if a new member is even worth keeping around begins to creep in... I mean, he was unable to see the FAQ link on the BD main page. The only way you are going to miss that is if you aren't looking for it.

"I bought myself a parrot. The parrot talked, but it did not say 'I'm hungry.' So it died." ~ Mitch Hedberg
Rook

Member #112

Mar 26, 2006 16:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If you read, animewatcher, you would have seen that no one lost their cool. Yet. I think pizza should have gotten brutal beatings. I came here when I was eleven and had more sense than that. Apparently, he's fifteen. I doubt it.
  * eats the pizza out of irony or something of the sort *

"I'm the guy who dies to prove the situation is serious!"
  -- Guy, Galaxy Quest
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 26, 2006 16:50

On Mar 26, 2006 11:45, animewatcher said:

We're not some government spies sent here to try and steal your secrets on making a fun web game.

*sneaks inconspicuously away*

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

boyachi

Member #92

Mar 27, 2006 1:36

On Mar 26, 2006 11:45, animewatcher said:

blunt.

Lymfada deserved it, and he took it with humility. Heck I've been banned and rightfully so. People that know better should get scolded and they have been. No one has been dissed or flamed, just a "git r dun" message because of noobage.

Watcher, the thing is that we've been through this many a times. I encourage you to look up the older forums and see where people really were mad, as supposed to just rolling their eyes or showing a point. Look up some of the good forums that had name calling and attacking and look at the difference of the posts that were and weren't flaming. And do look for the " I don't even look at FAQs" line. If you are old enough to look for the forum, you should be able to look for faqs.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Blade

Member #99

Mar 27, 2006 3:49

I watch anime too! Ever heard the saying "ask a stupid question get a stupid answer"
  We here at Realitysend dot com do our best to give you a calm-informative answer, so do forgive the occasional slip up. We hope you enjoy your stay* Have a Nice Day Big Smile

*note:may not be affiliated with realitysend in anyway; may not actually stay, may not even exist at all.*cough*Camo*cough*

Blackness covers all I see and all I touch.
  No feeling of pain just sorrow.
  My hand loses grip of the sword I held.
  And I turn to become a true shadow.--Rikimaru's death song. Tenchu:WoH

[Edited by Blade on Mar 27, 2006 3:51]

[Edited by Blade on Mar 27, 2006 5:25]
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 25, 2024 7:40 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022