Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 16, 2024 19:42 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Wintertime Tourney

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 4, 2006 1:08
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

In the Wintertime Tourney me an LE had a draw, I thought there would be a sudden death type of thing that would prevent that as it seems a draw in an elimination is a loss. Would have posted sooner but just got back in town. Btw if this was already covered earlier I'm sorry in advance I checked and only remember something about draws not being possible though Im sure I am prob wrong on that.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 4, 2006 3:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, draws are possible, although they are extremely rare. The battle script is designed to loop infinitely right before the next day's tournaments begin.

Problem is, both you were set to heal too much and not do enough damage. You actually fought for longer than a CGI script is allowed to run for (which is many, many iterations) thus resulting in a timeout. There was a sudden death, per se, as there cannot be one on the next day. Fights were already scheduled.

However, I had believed that a winner would be randomly chosen to proceed. The whole nothing thing kind of shocked me, quite frankly.

So it would seem that not even the new healing restriction system could completely stop timeout draws. Hopefully, it'll at least make them rarer.

EDIT: As for Cygnus versus Draggy, I am not quite sure what was going on there, but I figure it has to do with this whole tie ordeal. This was the first tie to occur in an elimination tourney, after all...

[Edited by MintMan on Feb 4, 2006 15:32]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 6, 2006 23:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, I found a strange inconsistency on the Wintertime Tourney results. Since Lymfada and I had the same results, shouldn't we get the same TP? For some reason, Lym got 42 TP while I got 18...or did the computer randomly select a winner after the end of the tournament? Or has this already been answered and I'm wasting bandwidth?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Feb 6, 2006 23:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oy veh, how many times do I have to explain this? 'Specially since I am pretty sure that it is in the FAQ...

You don't have the same results. You are, like, five levels higher than Lymphnode. You had a much easier time in the tournament; Lymfada had a much harder time. Therefore, he deserves more than you did.

Simple, no?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 7, 2006 1:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hm...yes, you explained this earlier for XP, I shoulda used my brain to realize 'tis the same for TP. And I just checked in the FAQ and it says nothing of the sort, or it has been changed but my computer refuses to load the right version...

...anyway, I rest my case. Sorry for the inconvenience.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 16, 2024 19:42 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022