Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 3:13 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Tagteam AI Problems?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Shinyumo

Member #236

Dec 25, 2005 14:44
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I can't seem to set my AI. I set my grid for both familiars (Atomako and Miithren) before the tournament, but today when I went to set my AI, the screen came up with no techs slotted in the grid and a ton of ",Lvl" buttons in the Tag section of the page. (Again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious, Nervous )

Oh, and here's a screenshot just in case (I realize I'm not that great at explaining things, Tongue ): http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/995302/BDScreen.JPG

Afiag

Member #242

Dec 25, 2005 16:15
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Same thing here.
  What's up? Or rather, what's down?

If we hadn't invented paper, we'd still be beating ourselves to death with our own suicide notes.

GCWorld Enter the Abyss....
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 25, 2005 20:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That was weird. This was something I specifically tested before the tourney release, but apparently buggered-up when adding in some new frills.

Essentially, the number partners was being referenced by two hash tables, one of which corresponded to the number of members in a creature's associative array Boggle Thus a whole lotta nuthin'. I temporarily rid the AI code of multiple tag-team partners 'cause... well, I'm lazy.
  Luckily, everyone was still able to set their AI before today when the tourneys began... and they are still probably too stupid to actually use tagging like the first round o' battles. Oh well, their loss with the new system.

Why is it that I only ever get site crippling errors whenever holidays pull around and I'm not on 'cause I have a suck-tastic dial-up connection? Moreover, I thought everyone else was stuck at home and off-line as well. What gives?

"Daddy, I'm afraid of the dark..."
  "Oh honey, that's just silly. The darkness isn't what's going to kill you..." ~ SMBC
Lymfada

Member #214

Dec 26, 2005 9:42
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

quick question on this. The battle seems to be over before we or I should say I wake up, hard to tag that way. was wondering if we could set the tag like part of the grid so our secondary monster could come out, tried to set that up for tomorrow but it dosent seem to work, can this be done?

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 26, 2005 9:43

Mintman, I've found another AI problem.
  I'm in a battle in the second Holly tournament, and I was waiting a bit before I sent out my b-monster. Tried to change my AI in-battle, and it tries to tell me that it's not a tag team battle.

If we hadn't invented paper, we'd still be beating ourselves to death with our own suicide notes.

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 26, 2005 10:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lymfnode: You can set tagging prior to battle. Remember that this is new tag system, in which you simply gain twelve extra energy, a whole lotta recharges, and a tagged monster remains out for only one turn. Think of it as expanding your grid. Speaking of which, I have no friggin' clue what you meant when you said "set tagging as part of grid" Question Mark

Afiag: Apparently, attempting to set tag AI for the remaining tag matches as opposed to the one at hand brings up some sort of dilemma. It don't do dat no mo', tho'.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it." ~ Mitch Hedberg
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 26, 2005 11:52

Heh, I didn't expect to win that match without Sira, but I suspect my opponent is a horrible dragon battler. Boggle

Lymfada

Member #214

Dec 26, 2005 14:25
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Strike all that seems to be working now so either I missed it or it just started working I porb missed it.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger

[Edited by Lymfada on Dec 26, 2005 14:30]
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 28, 2005 3:03
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey Afiag, I think the main reason you won both of your tournament battles was because for the second half of both battles, your monster was the only one acting. Check the battle logs, and you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: Looks like my current tournament bout is messed up too. I won't touch anything on it, so that I won't make the problem worse.

[Edited by draggy1234 on Dec 28, 2005 10:39]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 28, 2005 12:15

Yeah, I didn't catch that somehow. I really gotta stop making crucial updates during a vacation...

The error was rather freaky, namely because it was nothing new. In fact, it was an old problem, not so much an error, that never affected anything until multiple instances of battle data were introduced Dead It wasn't even linked to tagging, just having a tag-team partner and certain configurations of energy.

And here I was trying so hard to rid of the tarnish on the tag-team battle's name... Don't worry, none of these matches will count (as participation) 'cept for what you win...

"I like cinnamon rolls. That's why I wish they made a cinnamon roll incense, 'cause I don't always have time to make a pan. I'd rather light a stick and have my roommates wake up with false hopes." ~ Mitch Hedberg
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 28, 2005 14:28

Well of course my monster was the only one acting in the second half of the first battle, I couldn't use my b-monster at all in that one.
  And the as for the second battle, looks like I used my b-monster for more of the battle than you.
  And...Draconic > Beastial.

In conclusion, I won because I won.
  Also I had time to get on a few times a day for once. (No more holiday crap to do.)

[Edited by Afiag on Dec 28, 2005 14:30]
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 28, 2005 23:48
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Afiag, that's not what I meant. I was talking about how in both of the aforementioned battles, your monster was the only monster acting in the second half. Your opponent wasn't doing at all during those two times. Here's a part of the battle log between you and king_poo to illustrate my point:

Vincent_Malloy uses Bounce. Critical strike! Sponge_bob is mortally damaged by the assault. Vincent_Malloy uses Shatter. Sponge_bob dodges the casting. Vincent_Malloy uses HatefulStrike. Sponge_bob evades the blow. Vincent_Malloy uses Shatter. Sponge_bob is seriously injured by the spell. Vincent_Malloy uses Bounce. Sponge_bob dodges the attack. Vincent_Malloy uses HatefulStrike. Sponge_bob is massacred by the technique. Sponge_bob's Virtue decreased slightly. Vincent_Malloy shakes off its Virtue affliction.

This was from the second half of the battle. Your monster was battering your opponent, who basically didn't act at all. I hope this clarifies my point.
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 29, 2005 1:43

Aye. Didn't really catch that before, only skimmed through it. T'was wondering what the bloody blazes you were rambling about.
  Betcha I would've won anyways, lol. Big Smile

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 3:13 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022