Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 16, 2024 6:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Latent XP problems?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Shinyumo

Member #236

Dec 24, 2005 19:14
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, so it all started when I was fighting AnimeWatcher and Dark_Vision. At that point, I was 216 exp from my next level. So I went a couple days, signed up for the Fourth NOHS Prime, and beat him right as the tourney started. So I got 112 latent exp. After that I went through the whole tournament, and somehow won (Why did I win? Bimblesnaff had 9 wins and a loss, whereas I had 8 wins, a draw, and a loss. Tongue ), giving me 90 more latent exp. The thing is that the day before that I was challenged by DarknessRuler, and I couldn't decline the challenge because I was out of town and had no internet connection that day. Today, I came back and declined the challenge. Looking at my experience, I'm still 216 exp from the next level. So now I ask: where's my 202 latent exp? (Sorry if there's something really obvious that I'm missing, Nervous )

P.S. My spell rates haven't risen at all either, but I'm not sure if that's because I reached the limit for now or what...
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 24, 2005 20:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah... don't get me started on that one.

A draw counts as much as a win, for some reason, even tho' it's not a full win. It makes sense, technically, but, technically whenever I'm neck-in-neck with some one for the tourney crown, they have a draw and come out with the purse. All the time. Always.

Anyhoo, since ya had the familiar of a lower level, it meant you triumphed over more adversity than I did, at the higher level, and since our records were tied in the eyes of the tourney, you got the victory. As for whatever else you were saying, I don't know, I didn't really read it Shifty Eyes ...

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
  - Wash, Serenity
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 25, 2005 24:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, firstly, your account only said you had 192 experience comin' ta ya, not the 202 you claimed. (Your tourney win only earned you eighty points, not ninety). Yeah, the binary win system is kinda screwy, but it keeps me from having to store more than two bits of data for every win. Essentially, a draw is as good as a win in tourneys. The freakin' surgance of Kamas and Bennus is really trying the time-outs... I wonder whatever happened to the sudden-death script?

As for why your experience was never shoveled onto your account after the rejection.... I... don't know. Sounds to me like something I fixed through shell a while ago, reuploaded recently, and thus reverted to the previous errant state of affairs. Let's find out...

Oh, nope. As it turns out, this has been broken ever since tag teaming was introduced a few months ago Boggle When checking for the OK to reward latent experience, the script was checking all active tourney participants and battle participants. Thing is, the challenged monster was not yet removed from the list of active battle participants! Copy-and-pastin' will do that to ya. * gives Shinyumo a virtual Pie for his troubles * A-fixed.

"An escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an 'Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order' sign, just 'Escalator Temporarily Stairs -- Sorry for the convenience.'" ~ Mitch Hedberg
Shinyumo

Member #236

Dec 25, 2005 8:30
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Eh? *checks* Oh. Oops. Sorry about that, Nervous Yesterday was not my day for reading...

Anyway, thanks for fixing it.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 16, 2024 6:56 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022