Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 5:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: B- Monsters

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Rook

Member #112

Dec 19, 2005 15:38
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mmmkay. I won a Chimaera! Yay! I have a question, though. If it becomes a full fledged monster, will mine stay a B-Monster, or become a real monster?

Also, I would like to know how a Ryu Carp can use BREATH. It makes no sense.

-- I. P. Freely

[Edited by Rook on Dec 19, 2005 16:00]
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 19, 2005 16:25
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

For your first question, I found this from the FAQ:

If an artist ever completes a B-Monster species, any owner will have the option of promoting it to a full-fledged familiar, capable of participating in normal Web Battles. A creature is considered complete when it has at least two forms, three spells, and an image for every form.

As for your question regarding the Ryu, I don't have a definite answer. I always thought that dragons were often associated with their breath in some sort of way?

[Edited by draggy1234 on Dec 19, 2005 16:26]
Rook

Member #112

Dec 19, 2005 17:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thanks. Prolly sholda looked there, huh? Nervous

The Carp i draconic, but it's still a fish. Fish can't breathe, so how could it use BREATH?

-- I. P. Freely
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 19, 2005 17:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Draggs is right; full-fledged if ever. Aside from the Chimaera, tho', most B-monsters are chosen to be losers with little chance of becoming real boys.

Yeah, I think Rook is thinking more of the word "breathe" more than "breath." Dragons (yes, even the dragon-carp of the Orient) have special thing they can spew out, differing in areas: poison, fire, mist, et cetera.
  So although it does not breathe air, that don't mean it doesn't have a breath. I mean, it isn't like dragons actually breathe in fire or poison or anything; that is just what their vaporous emissions are called because they come out much like most animal's breath. Why, the word "breath" itself traces its etymology to "air," so why aren't you getting mad at all dragons for having the tech "air" when none of them in fact shoot air at their opponent?

So stop being such a stickler over nothing. * righteously uses LandSmite on Rook *

"Daddy, I'm afraid of the dark..."
  "Oh honey, that's just silly. The darkness isn't what's going to kill you..." ~ SMBC
Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Dec 22, 2005 11:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm quite sure I should not have gotten an error message saying "This is a Tag-Team tournament. Only members with multiple familiars that meet the requirements are allowed to join it." I get that message when I tried to sign up for the first. It let me sign up for the fifth, but it only listed Usagi, and it doesn't appear that it will get enough people in time to avoid cancellation anyway. Nervous Happy holidays?
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 22, 2005 12:02
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I suppose it means the level requirements, since those are the only requirements at all.
  But our b-monsters can only be level one becase they can only fight in tourneys and no experience can be gained in tourneys. I guess the tournaments are including our b-monsters in the level requirements as well, which I don't think they ought to be doing.

If we hadn't invented paper, we'd still be beating ourselves to death with our own suicide notes.

GCWorld Enter the Abyss....

[Edited by Afiag on Dec 22, 2005 15:17]
Lymfada

Member #214

Dec 22, 2005 13:49
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You do get xp in Tourneys even for B-monsters. Just remember the xp is much less than a regular battle.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 22, 2005 15:18
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, no significant amount anyways, nobody at this time should have anything above level one because the tag-team tourneys haven't started yet. Not enough tourney XP to ever level up your b-monster to be in the same range as one of your regular familiars though, unless you just recently adopted one.

But I've been getting the same error when I've tried to enter the tag-team tournament.

EDIT: I tried to enter one of the tourneys again and everything seems alright. That was odd.

If we hadn't invented paper, we'd still be beating ourselves to death with our own suicide notes.

GCWorld Enter the Abyss....

[Edited by Afiag on Dec 22, 2005 15:42]
Rook

Member #112

Dec 22, 2005 20:48

Sooo... who picked what? I don't feel like looking through all of your lookups. I'm lazy. I picked a Chimera, named Thestalos. I would also like to announce my new Ryu Carp, Mobius!

"Surrender now and I will destroy you... peacefully" -- The Regis V from Megas XLR
Lymfada

Member #214

Dec 22, 2005 22:33

I choose a Carbuncle Enigma named him Muddles

Lym
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 23, 2005 17:16
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think that for the tag-team tournaments, your main creature has to fit the requirements, and then your tag-team partner needs to be at an equal or lower level than your main creature. Also, there are at least a couple of B-Monsters above level one because there was a first batch of them released last Christmas contest, so there were plenty of tournaments between then and now for the monsters to gain XP and level up. For example, my Behemoth is now level 4.
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 23, 2005 19:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Your Behemoth also heavily took advantage of an incorrect practice-level-limit fluke that only existed for tourneys, allowing it to have two one hundred percent spells at level two.

Also, most of the "huh?" is now moot as a slight problem that did exist (somehow) prevented seeing the sign-up screen properly (which tag-team screens have as a segue) but strangely not joining the tourney itself Boggle

So, yeah, other guy don't matter. It must meet every other requirement but the low level limit. I should also force the partner's level to be lower in general, but... meh.

Also, don't go spouting your B-monsters here. Forty-freakin'-two were handed out over Christmas. Only about ten of those are signed up for the forums, and that is still too much blabbin'. I could just as easily say "These were adopted! Bla!" as I keep a tab on these things since I wanna know who is gettin' picked:

Hai Riyo (1) - Draco/Suresh (aka Aruns)
  Kabhanda (1) - Dweevil/Culex
  Vodianoi (1) - Mox/Bimblesnaff (Outside contest)
  Kukuweaq (1) - Zanui/VinnyD
  Kekkai (1) - Barboilo/Draggy1234

Hippocerf (2) - Last year- Marle/Akari Tenmeino, Scorpio/Lunar Mage

Lynx (2) - Berrach/Ice, Miles/Me (Outside of contests, 'cause I'm special Tongue)

Chimaera (2) - Ionas/Michael, Thestalos/Rook

Behemoth (10! but only 2 this Christmas) - Saiggord/Edge_Platimus, Brutus/Lwty, Morado/SSS (Outside of Christmas), Brute/Lugiatrainer, Last year- Kelverian/Thacarious, Fiwan/Ash10, Visskoo/Lymfada, Gluttony/Ice, Reanon/Draggy1234, IronWall/AnimeWatcher

Misikinubick (3) - Terrato/Kupo_Katana, Vercia/Zal_Balk, Apophis/Mario123

Whowie (3) - Cruncher_Tidalchaos/Camo, Leon/Foshi, Camo (That's its name)/Battalon

Sea Dog (4) - Last year- Soak/Cheetarius, Nakk/VinnyD, Mizu/Zaheera, Seamore/Mario123

Carbuncle (4) - Twilight/Boo, Seneral/Ringmaster, Enigma (Laughing)/Valaga, Muddles/Lymfnode

Mishipizhiw (7) - Spike/Draco, Miithren/Shinmuyo, Sira/Afiag, Kalmoor/Boyachi, Lytning/Wyvernofab, Tamaya/Akari Tenmeino, Azuregale/AnimeWatcher

I'm kinda surprised Mishi is #1. First day, all takers were Carbuncles (and three a-wipes that took the prize but not the monster Mean Look ), so I thought FF-fanboyism would win over everything else. Mishi isn't even a good pic, tho'. Is its description really cool or something? I dun even remember what I made it, but "Long Tail Spikey Cat" cannot be made to sound all that glamorous.

Species with no adoptions are: Snake (understandable), Palis ("foot vampire" prolly scares people away), Koshchei (really surprises me), Anaskelades, Mafedet, and Loup-Cerf (no one likes my monsters Crying ).
Camo

Member #5

Dec 24, 2005 4:28
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Dec 23, 2005 19:32, MintMan said:

Camo (That's its name)/Battalon

Hahahahaha! That's awesome!

By any chance is it pronounced yowie, or is that another creature?

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
Michael

Member #224

Dec 24, 2005 5:03
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Camo, Yowie aren't creatures. They're chocolate. They're about as mysterious as my foot.

Taste a bit better though.

[Edited by Michael on Dec 24, 2005 5:18]
Zedd

Member #76

Dec 24, 2005 5:40
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Michael, Yowie are actually Australian Aboriginal mythic creatures.

I can't remember exactly what they were, but they are not just chocolates.

I remember something about an ant-lizard that always died becasue the ant body couldn't handle the lizard food, but I'm not sure if that's the right creature Wavey Mouth

- Zedd i Randir, The Stranger

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

Michael

Member #224

Dec 24, 2005 6:00
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So they are. They also seem to be the same thing, or something closely related to the Whowie. My bad. I always thought that the Yowie (chocolate) idea was taken from bunyips. I'm fairly sure that was what was said in the book series anyway.
Lymfada

Member #214

Dec 24, 2005 11:16

Mint on your Palis, I almost choose it but it states that it is hardly even a BD monster or some such and will probably never make it past a B monster. Now most prob wont but that one really seems to not have any hope. I think that most are in hopes that the B monsters become more than B monsters.

Lym
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 24, 2005 16:41

VinnyD said the same thing, Lymfnode. Problem is, that's stupid. Picking a monster that may one day become a real boy solely due to this fact only means that you'll end up with a monster you only sorta want. Then, it counts against you still for raising up all your monsters above level twenty! Now you are stuck with something you are only somewhat interested in...

Rather, take what you really like. If a B-monster becomes a full-fledged species, you'll always be able to adopt it under the multiple adoptions rules. I mean, no B-monster has a real shot at becoming real. 'Tis like, 5% tops. They would not have been made into B-monsters in the first place if they didn't suck!

Now all that's gonna happen is a bunch of blokes endin' up with Mishipizhiws they are only half-hearted about and having to raise them some nineteen levels instead simply being able to adopt another choice monster when they raise their first creature to twenty! * breathes *

Tag teams battles. That's what you get B-monsters fer.
Shinyumo

Member #236

Dec 24, 2005 19:05
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Eh? I don't know about you, but the Mishi stood out to me as one of the coolest-looking monsters I saw. Plus the other ones generally looked kinda creepy, Tongue. I was thinking of getting a Kekkai (Hormonculus?! ...I'm an FMA fan, Tongue), but...that was kinda creepy too, Tongue

Besides, when I looked at it, it seemed like the Chimaera had a higher chance of becoming a "real" monster than the Mishi...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 8, 2006 22:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

By the way, regarding Koschei...being Russian and all, I've heard many pertinent fairy tales, and would be gladly willing to share what I know. Of course, since the Russians basically copied the Slavonic cultures, the tales might be warped, demented, etc...and I will most likely be writing from memory at first so some parts will be hazy, but all I need to do is re-read my trusty Russian book of fairy tales...

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 20, 2024 5:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022