Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 16:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: battle going on forever!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
weirdymike

Member #241

Oct 17, 2005 20:05
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

um.. I have a battle thats been going on for like 2 or 3 weeks now.. whats going on.. heres proof, the battle log:

[ Ya know, you do have a link to you account and battle log right up there, so you don't have to waste everybody's time and bandwidth floppin' it here. ~ Mints ]

sorry its soo long lol...

Smoke all you want. You're going to get hit by a bus.

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 17, 2005 20:21]
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 17, 2005 20:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, I doubt it has been quite as long as you say it has; that looks like one week of fight, not multiple.

The reason it isn't ending is 'cause your opponent -- for whatever reason -- has opted to only use Bounce and Beam. 'Tis really quite hilarious.

I have no idea what this guy is going for, but his AI is almost up, which will allow the fight to end. It actually is slowly winding down right now (with you in the lead, obviously, since your opponent isn't fighting), but if FireToad for some reason resets his AI, I'm just going to count his battle as a forfeit 'cause it is taking up too much of my memory. The dude is just being malicious.
TheFireToad

Member #244

Oct 17, 2005 21:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I changed my strategy, I'm pleased with the results from my Bounce, Beam combo and will now start attacking so we can finish this battle. So, please don't count it as a forfeit, cuz it'll all be over soon.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

[Editted by TheFireToad on Oct 17, 2005 21:17]
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 17, 2005 21:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You're pleased with it? * goes back to check that he read that right before attacking *

Yep, that's what you said. * uses LandSmite on TheFireToad to knock some sense into him *
  Dude, I got a bird's-eye view of the mess, and I gotta tell ya -- not cool! You are seriously in loss to him right now. I hope I'm not spoiling anything for you guys, but it is pretty much a fifty-percent advantage favoring WM right now (based on life, tho', and not your exhorbatent Agility boosting).

Regardless, I still look at him as the favorite.

EDIT: Just a quick question, WM: Why did you put Swim alone in the Special bar D'oh You could have just as easily put it where Courage is (and then Courage up one at EL4 since you only get to use it at the beginning of the match, anyway). I mean, TFT was using two SL1 techs out of choice, but you are bouncing between Flipper and Spout because you have no other one. I know you made some topics concerning grid building in the past; didn't they do you any good?

Hel, I didn't even know that a bar could have nothing other than a skill in them; I am going to have to check my code on that...
"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it." ~ Mitch Hedberg

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 18, 2005 10:10]
Sword
TheFireToad

Member #244

Oct 18, 2005 15:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I used that strategy so I could recover life and not get hit. Before I used it, I was doing even worse and this helped me get some life back before attacking again. I was going to switch to attacking sooner or later, but I'd rather lose fairly then being forced to forfeit.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 18, 2005 21:34

1) You would have had a forced forfeit if you reset your AI not to attack, not just 'cause you were taking long, 'cause it would have meant you were a malicious user.

2) You obviously are not regaining the life you are losing. Even with fully boosted agility, an egg has so low of natural agility that you only get up to -- what -- twenty-four? That is only four points over your enemy's Strike; that ain't much.

And obviously, you aren't actually gaining life; you are slowly losing it. You are not gaining anything back; you would need a far more powerful healing tech to do that, like Arise (which ups your Virtue and thus amount recovered), and even then, I would doubt if you would be that productful.

I'm not telling you this because it generates a huge log and angry members; I am telling you this 'cause I always help patrons with their strategy, 'spe when their current one sucks. Running scared to regroup doesn't work in BD. I designed the game so that you cannot completely undo damage, no matter how much you try.

I mean, you are still getting hit... a lot. More than you are healing, anyway. And WM's strategy isn't even a good one. I mean, he is going back and forth with SL1 techs; imagine if someone had an SL2 to hit ya with.

If you want to win, just challenge Nidhoggs. I know there are plenty of them. Use Light-typed Bans, and they die very, very easily.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 20, 2005 24:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I beg to differ? Of all the 'hogg battles I've fought, I've lost all....and I set my magic bar to all light bans, too...

...must be the fact that I still overheal and underattack.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 20, 2005 24:27

Yeah... that's exactly it... as I keep telling you.... and this entire topic was centered on.

One of your Beams doesn't recover the life lost to, say, a Hex of a 'Hogg, piled on with Shadow Burners and all other sorts of heapin' Dark Castings -- ya gotta remember that they got the advantage on your Bennu's, too.

You also have to remember something else I keep telling you: you didn't win all of those battles because you did well; your opponent's just aren't smart. Of course, picking out idiots to fight is a very good strategy in and of itself, but you should still fight decently.

Having all Light bans in your magic bar doesn't make much sense. I mean, if you need a Light Ban, you can always grab one from somewhere in the bar, right? All you need is SL2 or SL1 and SL3 to bounce between and you're set; put some other stuff in there to actually have a strategy.

MORE: In particula' to your last fight with Zinx, examine these concepts:
  1) Beak.... why? You would be heaps better off using a statistic modifier or somethin' -- anything but Beak (if you got it). I would even give Pinion a second look.
  Bennu is by far the weakest monster in BD to date; unless you are boosting its Strength or fighting an enemy with no defense, I recommend against it.

2) You had no Virtue. Good ol' Yo_Hi bottomed out your offensive and healing ability in one stroke like a good li'l girl. Your bans were much less effective, and your healing turned into a joke.

3) What the Hel was your strategy? I saw a lot of Beaming (way to much for someone with minimized Virtue), some Torching and Beakings... but where was your offense? Why weren't you using ShiningBrilliance? That's where it's at -- lethal damage! How can't that word be good? (I guess if it were applied to you Tongue ) You have a heap of attacks, but not a whole lot of special techs; you are relying too much on skills to pull you through Slanted Mouth
  I cannot believe I am actually giving suggestions to a Bennu (who in the past have had no problems pulling off wins), but here it goes:

Wing / Illuminate / Awesong
  Torch / Flight / ShiningBrilliance
  Beam / Rise / Renewal

or something to that effect... maybe switch Illuminate/Rise to get more Renewals in.

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 20, 2005 13:49]
Lymfada

Member #214

Oct 20, 2005 15:41
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I tend to disagree with you on the point that Bennus are one of the weakest monsters in BD. I have done quite well with mine. Now my slotting is a bid different than your suggestion but it is a sound strat that has rarely let me down. Currently I find Awesong not very useful except as an overslot to to help you early on in the battle. Now I havent really played any other creatures as I want to get Phoenix up to 25 first but from what Ive seen cant wait to see what a full grown Bennu will look like.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger

Edit:
  I just re-read and I think you meant weakest monster in Bd referring to its actual strength

[Editted by Lymfada on Oct 20, 2005 15:45]

Edit2:
  Yup.

[Editted by MintMan on Oct 20, 2005 16:06]
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Oct 20, 2005 19:47
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Would a grid and AI randomly tossed together count as one that sucks...Considering I have no real stategy....'cept use Repair every once in a while...Which hardly fits the term "strategy"

"Never argue with idiots, they take you down to their level and beat you with experience
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 20, 2005 22:44

Yeah... that'd 'splain your 40% win ratio Slanted Mouth Never fear! I have a beef with Wilco, your opponent, and shall help!

1) Use SwampGas at every possible moment, which will be every three turns. 'Hoggs have no Virtue, so Degens are deadly like Bans, 'cept you don't need Virtue for them to work -- just Arcane.
  Your Strike is bottomed-out right now, too, so it is even more of a reason to rely on Degeneration.

2) Both your Castings and physical attacks will suck against a 'Hogg egg; that is just their nature. Pick the one that sucks least. You've only scored a hit with Roll once thus far, and it was a critical, so by no means good for a comparison to your Torrents.

3) Healing, in this occasion, is a very good idea for you. Your opponent seems to only be using SL1 techs, and only one attack among them. Unfortunately, he is scoring a ton of criticals with that one attack -- Shatter. If you ever log-in rapidly enough to see just how much you heal and just how much Shatter does, you could be better off using Repair every turn and making this a slooooooowwwww battle. Hydra Virtue may not be great for healing, but an SL2 tech always has a chance of undoing the damage from an SL1 casting again you.

In future battles, tho', suggestions for a grid would be difficult. Hydra are one of the rare monsters equally apt at both physical and magical combat, so you can really custom-fit your grid to the opponent.

I would recommend trying to find a spot for Regeneration, tho'. In the current battle, it would have done quite nicely beneath SwampGas the EL1 location beneath it will prolly never be used in the fight.

Another place to put it would be above Spout. If you are ever in an occasion in which Repair or SwampGas would no be favorable, slot the spell to the highest spot, then your skill, and your SL2 casting beneath that. The reason I say this instead of beneath Spout is 'cause a Skill in SL1 makes using anything EL3 or higher in that bar almost impossible for anything other than the opening of the match; you would have to dawdle around in the other two bars for three turns to build up enough steam again.

Hope that helps Shifty Eyes * gives Dragon_Kirby a BigOlBagOfConfusion *
Sword
weirdymike

Member #241

Oct 21, 2005 22:44
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Woo! I won the battle Smile
  I thought the battle was just gonna go on forever so I didn't bother checking back until just now.
  so.. umm *handshakes his opponent* good match.
  JUST KIDDING! That lasted forever!

Smoke all you want. You're going to get hit by a bus.
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Oct 22, 2005 19:18
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Boggle That makes sense...I think...
  Shifty Eyes
  Shifty Eyes
  * eats the BigOlBagOfConfusion *

Mmmmmm....Confusion, yummy goodness ^_^

MANGO!

Edit: Hmm....I really oughta stop using water element spells cause of Swim....but Spout seems like a good choice...I dunno.

[Editted by Dragon_Kirby on Oct 27, 2005 22:24]
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 16:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022