Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 24:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Battle Board Etiquette

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 7, 2005 15:30
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am planning on putting myself up on the Battle Board, but I was wondering about if I would be obliged to accept challenges. My question is, if I put myself on the Battle Board, could I still decline certain challenges that I don't want to fight in, or does putting myself up mean that I should accept all challenges that come my way?
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 7, 2005 16:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No one under any circumstance should feel obliged to accept every challenge -- even challenges solely from members of an equal or lesser level -- unless they are completely retarded.

Putting yourself on the BB just says "Hey, I want to fight someone," not "Hey, I'm an idiot that you can beat up." It was simply devised to replace the old (and now impossible) adoption listing as the member amount on the site grew way too high for that.
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 7, 2005 16:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

if you think someone would own you, ya can decline. I mean I should do that whenever gobbo challenges me, but I don't really care, a battle is a battle to me.
  So its all up to you. YOu have the power

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Lymfada

Member #214

Sep 7, 2005 18:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah Draggy a lot of people decline matches. To be honest I dont only because a battle is a battle, I dont really care what my win loss ratio is. The objective is to get your creature built up to be the best it can. lol sometimes I think the Bennu is the most feared creature in the game with the amount of rejections I get. Cant complain to much though since I do still get fights sometimes to the same person especially as you hit the mid teens not a lot of peeps to actually fight. The only thing I would say on this is to accept or decline the match some peeps dont bother to do that and in my humble opinion that is courtesy(sp)

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 7, 2005 19:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OK, thanks for all the help, everyone. Smile

And lymfada, perhaps your high win ratio is what scares people off.
Cheetarius

Member #10

Sep 10, 2005 11:34
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What scares me off is the sheer number of restorative techniques the Bennu has. In my last fight with Lym, I know I dished out a lot of pain by lowering Phoenix's virtue - but the restoration pretty much made that effort useless. Slanted Mouth

- Cheetarius, Spamming The Known Universe...

[Editted by Cheetarius on Sep 10, 2005 11:34]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 10, 2005 12:32

I didn't think that Bennu had that many curative techs -- or that Lymfnode used any.

Moreover, you didn't lose because of healing; you lost because of banishment.

I should say, tho', that Mace Windu's 'Hogg did recently defeat Lieutenant Eagle's birdy in a hilarious battle Laughing Healing was the downfall of Eagle; had he simply piled on the Light Bans, that would have been one dead dragon! Instead, he constantly healed himself with Beam, an SL1 which recovered much less life than the damage caused by Hex, also an SL1 technique.
  So for those of you who have no skills of logical induction, that means that you are spending one of your turns and a block of energy -- just as the enemy is doing -- to come out with less life than when the whole predicament started.
  Not a good exchange.

This is the thing I constantly try to point out -- healing ain't any good if it can't make up for the damage caused by your opponent. Everytime I see a Bennu/'Tachi win and someone blames it on healing, there are a ton of other incompentencies at work, but people instantly finger the one thing that makes those two stand out -- quite erringly, at that.

For example, you, Cheet, had a very good chance of winning that match what with obliterating Phoenix's Virtue; you just shoulda quit once it was obliterated. Ten points. That's it. Said a lot all over the FAQ. Two Curses, one Gnaw. Two Curses, one Torment. Two Gnaws, one Torments, one Curse. There are a ton of ways to do the math. You were simply pumping needless energy into trying to reduce something that was already gone, at times wasting entire turns and energy meters (like Cursing after Virtue had already been minimized).

[Editted by MintMan on Sep 10, 2005 12:37]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 10, 2005 23:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ya...Mace Windu beat me by my own stupidity, there. I know I over-use Beak and Beam, probably due to the fact that I stuck Flight in my Magic Bar. I guess I'll need to think of that...then again, with junior year started, I'm not going to appear around BD much.

And Lym, for your reference, the most feared creature in the game is the Kamaitachi. What use is strength and magic prowess if you can't hit your enemy? Mayhaps this is evened out in the latter levels, but in the early levels, the only real way to get equal chances against a 'tachi is to bring a Gungnir (or, colloquially, the Kama-killer).

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  The best Mario club, only for the best Mario fans!
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 11, 2005 24:01

'Tachis evasion starts less than 20% to start and goes up to about 30% after that. This is considering average Strike ratings and no boosting, which even then will not make it change past 35% max.

Kamaitachi isn't that good, Eagle. You are just damn lucky. I mean, I've seen you enjoy over 50% evasion ratios. It is just the same thing with how KazeMusha can go entire matches dodging only once; it all comes down to luck.
  Sure, the agility helps, but some people are just bastards that everybody else hates, like you. * uses LandSmite on LieutenantEagle for being so uncommonly lucky and hateable *
Sword
Lymfada

Member #214

Sep 11, 2005 5:42
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually Lt, the creature in the game I have the most problem with is another bird a Jabberwock. Even then it depends on the person you fight. I think more often times people have a tendency to to try and buff and debuff way to much. Most need to find the medium in that and attack more. I would love to challange one but alas none are my lvl or above that I can challange I only found 2 and both are to high for me to challange.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 11, 2005 13:31

Yeah, there are not enough Jabbs. 'Tis one of the great, neglected monsters (along with Cwn and Garm) that I would have thought more liked, what with Through the Looking Glass and all. Don't people watch Disney cartoons anymore? Wonderland, man! Wonderland!

Jabbs was something I do believed raised twice by the legendary Deathman, each time proving its ultimacy. Unfortunately, Deathman had a believe that he should restart his account every time the challenge pool got thin (bringing back memories of the bad-ol'-days and the race to be a level twenty monster).

Hated showed Garm's worth, and a few Cwns have cropped up above the ten-level-line, but they are still typically neglected breeds.
Cheetarius

Member #10

Sep 11, 2005 13:51
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The main reason for continuing to use those virtue-lowering techs is that most of the time they were really all I had to use for my lineup - I'm not very good about my grid a lot of the time. That, and I almost never change my AI during a fight, because I don't come on BD very much. -.- Meh, phooey, and bah.

- Cheetarius LITE, The New & Improved Version, now with Less Caloric Intake!...
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 11, 2005 22:14

Well... yeah, that is sorta what I was saying. Everything you did -- don't do.
  Even if you stack a lot of virtue-reducing techs, most of them lookit to be SL2, so just bounce between your first and third positions instead after bombing out the opponent. It's all good.

I mean, grids are the game. You gotta know how to use them right. (And, of course, no body does, so don't feel bad, 'cause you're not alone. There are people who are far more active than you that do things far more stupid.)
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Sep 14, 2005 13:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You might consider putting yourself on the BB, so you might have a chance to rack up some XP. Which is good.

Also, this might sound kinda n00b-ish, but the registration form says you can only get one account and one creature. I wanted to be able to acquire another familiar (for stuff like Tag Team), but I just wanted to check. And don't go off on me, Mint, because I am just heeding the rules you put up.

* plants a virtual AbstractArt tree because it seems I suddenly have one. *

The Kupoling-Katana, my sword (later changed to the Kupo-Katana)
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 14, 2005 15:46

Okay, first you say something that the topic was not even about, but rather something simply inferred by the battle board even existing, and then you go and say something that is entirely off topic? * uses LandSmite on Kupoling_Katana for this reason and for planting an item he already has, which makes no sense since you don't plant things from your inventory *

One account to get your one, initial creature. Obviously, if I have something programmed into the game itself by which you can gain bonus monsters or extra familiars, it is not against the rules. Multiple accounts to get multiple, unrelated creatures is against the rules. That isn't programmed into the game and in fact is quite programmed against utilizing a slew of safety measures.
Sword
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Sep 15, 2005 15:16
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ouch.

All I'm saying is that it would be good to go on the Battle Board, because there aare very few downsides, and if you're challenged, it has no effect on your valor, and your win/loss record is not that improtant to a lot of people. As for the reply, I know that you would go berserk (and probably change that you can only use one major FtRPG, and switch it to however many damage techs you have) if I created an entirely NEW topic. I've learned that it's better to be Mr. Off-Topic than Mr. Crappy-Topic. And besides, it wouldn't be a web forum without these sort of things. (maybe Nazi Web Forum)

(Jeez, LandSmite AGAIN?!? If you're gonna annihilate people, Mint, do it creatively)

Syra Arcana, part of The Pyrefly Aeon
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 24:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022