Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 5:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Tourney prob

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lymfada

Member #214

Jun 25, 2005 10:13
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It seems I am still stuck in the tourney I signed up for but was not able to participate in. I still have current tourney when I log in but nothing there. I start a tourney tomorrow and am hoping I get to do this one. I thought I just had to wait until the tourney was over to get out of it but it is now over and im still stuck in this mode. please help.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 25, 2005 17:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dag. Another server-write issue. Easily ridden of.

... well, that was certainly strange. I went to see which tourney it said you were in, but there was none! Typically when this sort of thing happens, you are slotted in a tourney that you aren't really in. This time, you were slotted in one without a name.

Server must have killed the open and still stuck ya in anyways, despite technically not having any tourney read. I really hope my host gets this thing fixed fast. I've been through some wacky stuff with them, but this is unbearable.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 26, 2005 24:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

An interesting problem. Narotuilindale was in a non-tourney battle, lost, and became a Fledgling, although it is currently in a tourney! However, it seems that in the tourney, Naro is still an Egg - I read the battle logs and the attacks are still those of a Bennu Egg. The only difference is that Naro now appears as a Bennu Fledgling on the "Current Tourney" page...hmm....

It says that I can learn up to two new techs now, but I cannot actually learn new techs or skills "while in battle" - as I understand it, that means while I'm in a tourney...strange.

Could this be deleterious or is this finally a small mishap among the titanic ones?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 26, 2005 11:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Apparently, I never added a block on forming up along with leving-up, although I thought I did.

Anyhoo, battle data (including form), is stored separate from current data, so that is why you are still an Egg. I am confused as to why the battle-data form isn't used for the picture in place of the actual form, tho'.

And shpluh you can't learn new techs. I mean, that doesn't even require mention. Not only does it answer itself, but you answered when stating it here -- no learning during battle.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 26, 2005 22:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay...I wouldn't be bringing up this problem again, but here's an excerpt from my current tourney battle:

...FireDrake uses Flipper. Narotuilindale is somewhat injured by the assault. Narotuilindale uses ShiningBrilliance. FireDrake is massacred by the spell...

Not good. ShiningBrilliance is not an egg's spell. It seems that the grid has self-replaced Obelisk with SB and Arise with Renewal...?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 27, 2005 18:08

Actually, your idea's impossible. If your form was Egg, your spell (which is simply a number) would reference spell index two (or whichever SB/Obelisk is) and use that, which would be Obelisk since your form was supposed to be egg.

Therefore, your previous notion of keeping an Egg's spells was a little short-sighted. You were just using spells from before you formed up. Now that you are formed-up, you are, well, using the spells appropriate to the form.

So, apparently, I'm not referencing the battle data's form anywhere in any script. Why am I even recording it, then?

You're still gonna have an egg's stats, tho'. I don't think that is resampled with every round. Your spells aren't any more powerful, either, so there is nothing to worry about on that front. The only trouble would come in if you slotted Arise on your Power Slot Boggle That'd be a little freaky.

... oy, Bennu versus Kamaitachi. Worst... match-up... ever!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 27, 2005 19:15

Actually, I did slot Arise...and I kept casting Renewal instead. No problem, though, I lost anyhow - Narotuilindale has never beaten a Kamaitachi anyway...probably never won't, taking into consideration high Agility vs. low Strike.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 5:41 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022