Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 9:42 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Is this normal?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Shinyumo

Member #236

Jun 25, 2005 9:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm...in my current tourney battle, I have 51/180 health after one turn, and +3 strength without using a relic or anything. This is the battle log:

Begin bout between Sir_Gerald's Marx and Shinyumo's Atomako! Atomako's health is returning to normal. Atomako's life is fading away. Atomako's health is returning to normal.

Edit: It's possible that the battle log just isn't updating while the fight itself is still going on...I think...

[Editted by Shinyumo on Jun 25, 2005 10:07]
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 25, 2005 10:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

There is a problem my server is facing right now where all scheduled jobs (battle scripts and such) run twice at the same time for some pretty interesting effects. Chances are that one of you could be dead right now.

I would do something about it, but according to the Cronjob list, everything is scheduled only once on the block. There is some sort of phantom job list out there, buggering all sorts of things up.

Yeah, it appears that several tourney fighters have been placed in multiple rooms. Stupid repeating scripts. Things haven't been the same since the all died about two weeks ago without explanation.

Your real battle room seems to have everything in order. It was recently (and quite buggily) inhabited by Culex and Mario123. I'll change your guy's room to point to the non-duplicate location as well as anyone else who is hit by this double-buggle.
Shinyumo

Member #236

Jun 26, 2005 9:32
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It happened again, and it seems it's going to happen every day...

Ah well, we'll live.
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 26, 2005 11:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, as I said, there is a problem with the server. I knew this problem was going to happen because it has been happening every single day, and like I have said all over the place, there is nothing I can do until it is fixed save for correct the problems as they happen, which they will.
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Jul 12, 2005 20:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Also, my battle froze. It is going like any ordinary battle, but nothing happened for 1.5 days. Here's the log:

Begin battle between Kupoling_Katana's Anaconduar and surfman's Killer! Killer slinks about the battlefield. Killer uses Bound. Anaconduar avoids the attack. Anaconduar uses PoisonousPresence. Killer begins to degenerate. Killer's life is fading away.

And that's it. Help? Or a pointless server problem?

-Pyra Ultima, the Pyrefly Aeon
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 12, 2005 21:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On the note of frozen battles, my battle with Culex has not started even though over a day has passed by now. Another server problem?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 13, 2005 3:29

Okay, you people are freakin' me out.

You are prolly the second and third complaint I've received like this, and again, when I go to check.... nothing is wrong! Your battles are going on, and everything is coolies. And I didn't touch a thing!

What browsers are you using? Is there some sort of widespread epidemic to IE or something that is keeping things from recaching or what? I mean, unless my Crontab is just freakin' out and sputtering or something... which could make sense if it just flat-and-out disappeared, but periodic failure? Confusing...

Don't let this discourage reporting sticks. There really could be an issue beyond possible server freakiness, and even if it is server freakiness, it is new freakiness that I wanna know about!

Yeah, nothing on my host's message board. This is just... odd.

EDIT: Okay, I just checked on the tourneys (which I should have been doing every day, but I've been busy) and... well, all of them have one day day. They started the ninth. That means day one of fights is on the tenth, and that's all they've seen. How come Shadora doesn't freeze like this? I mean, even if the jobs do only run once at midnight like all of the Shadora scripts, that is enough to move an entire day's worth of battles. I think I'm about to put up another timing tracker in the battle script... maybe figure me out some patterns.

EDIT-SQUARED: Well, that certainly was unplanned for, but I likes it anyway! I am speeding up a lot of the battle, save for Middleweight which was a very short tourney. Lightweight and Heavyweight will have to be brought back up to speed since members enlisted in it are also enlisted in the up-coming tourney of Eagle's.

Apparently, the problem with tourneys (aside from the apparent normal not running) was that it had not run in so long that the script's recovery could no longer deal with it; I only made it to back-track one day due to an error, not two or three.

[Editted by MintMan on Jul 13, 2005 18:26]
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jul 15, 2005 18:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Another tournament problem for you.
  Not to be complaining, but my bunny won a tournament without finishing the last battle. I know the server has been messed up, but I remember reading that you said to keep posting errors, so have fun. Upside Down Smile
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 15, 2005 20:05

Yeah, I already knew about them.

If were you paying attention during the tourney, you would also know that it entirely stopped running for three days, and then finished all at once.

Apparently, the cause of this round o' problems is that my server is randomly handing out 500 errors (I think it has something to do with a server move). Well, a simple refresh can take care of that, but unfortunately from Crontabs, they run once and live with the result.

Logs show that the battle script is getting run about once every six hours save for the times I intervene and do it manually. The tourneys took quite a bit of work to even get back on track running.
  Your bunny's battle, however, is over, even if unfinished. I could not say "Well, this was supposed to be over five days ago, but not is just as good!" and reset time.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 9:42 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022