Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 25, 2019 21:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Invisible Opponent

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Michael

Member #224

Jun 14, 2005 3:28
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

When I logged in just now I discovered that I had been challenged by somebody. However, I can't see anything about the challenger, not even the name. Beneath "Here is what you are up against:" is nothing until "See the comparison between the fighting monsters" which shows only the stats for my monster. I don't think it is my computer as everything else seems to be working fine although I could be wrong. Also I cannot decline the battle either, it just comes up with a normal page with no information on it.

[Editted by Michael on Jun 14, 2005 5:32]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 14, 2005 10:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That sounds like a case of "Random Account Wiping" to me.

Sometimes a weird glitch occurs that wipes out a persons account information, monster, etc. I can't remember what causes it, but it's happened to me at least once.

It sounds like this individual was struck by it as they were challenging you, which is really unhandy.

Ems should just be able to get the back-up file for the guy and set things right. I don't think it is a problem.

If this made sense, I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 14, 2005 16:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have a similar problem with invisibility - something supposedly grew into a something??? And I got zero XP for a fight that's...ended prematurely?

Begin battle between LieutenantEagle's Narotuilindale and Akari_Tenmeino's Destina! Darkness overcomes the field as Destina dons the helm Kunee. In a blinding flash, the shield Aegis appears by Narotuilindale's side. Destina uses Kunee. Destina misses Narotuilindale with the technique. Narotuilindale uses Obelisk. Critical strike! Destina is mortally hurt by the technique. Destina uses Chill. Narotuilindale is somewhat hurt. Narotuilindale's Speed decreased slightly. Narotuilindale uses Stab. It misses Destina. Destina uses Jump. Destina's Agility increased slightly. Narotuilindale uses Arise. Narotuilindale's regains life. Narotuilindale's Virtue increased slightly. Destina uses Chill. Narotuilindale is somewhat hurt by the banishment. Narotuilindale's Speed decreased slightly. Destina uses Jump. Destina's Agility increased slightly. Narotuilindale uses Flame. Destina avoids the technique. Destina uses Kunee. Narotuilindale is blasted by the assault. Destina uses Jump. Destina's Agility increased slightly. Narotuilindale uses Stab. Destina is somewhat damaged by the attack. Destina uses Silence. Narotuilindale's Arcane was reduced. Narotuilindale uses Beam. Narotuilindale's regains life. Destina uses Nightfall. Narotuilindale is damaged by the spell. Narotuilindale's Strike decreased slightly. Narotuilindale shakes off its Speed affliction. Narotuilindale has won the battle. Narotuilindale earned 0 XP (and 17 latent XP). holds onto 19 XP until after its next fight. got a level up! grew into a .

What by the Thundering Mjolnir has happened here?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan airport." -President Dubya

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Jun 14, 2005 16:54]
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 14, 2005 19:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well damn-hel-ass-crap! What is all this then?

No, Gobbo, the erasing error is something that only happened at F2S and rarely at VirtualAve 'cause they were sucky servers. In these cases, the opponents are not being deleted. Hooray.

... well, here's an oddity. You are scheduled to fight in a battle room, but that room doesn't contain you. Whaddup with that?

I wonder if some of those debug runs I did had some room misbegosh in them. At any rate, I am going to have to create an unchallenge script to get everyone out of these things.

Well, the scare is over, and I must say, I have no idea what caused it. I have some ideas, but I cannot be certain. After looking over my debug script, I would have to say that this was caused by a chain reaction of events stemming from that day when all schedules went dead. Two accounts were left in a tourney limbo, and a lot of rooms got rescheduled to other fights, leaving some members in a battle limbo.
  Luckily, limbo means that no one lost. Some people may have racked up some fake wins like Eagle did, but 'twould be unfair to remove his and none of the other ill-gotten booty.

The fights were simply canceled. They could have been restarted, but things woulda been weird, and there would have been no log of previous happenings since they were all deleted. This is one for the books.

[Editted by MintMan on Jun 14, 2005 20:24]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 14, 2005 20:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I would still rather have my win taken and my Aegis returned, so that I could have a fair fight...but if you insist, so be it.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

Lymfada

Member #214

Jun 15, 2005 17:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mint,

I was in a battle and now my oppenent is not there and it says there is no log. Not sure what happened there.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 15, 2005 18:12

Oh crapuncle! This is still going on? I was sure it was the Cron thing Boggle

Well, I think it is obvious what happened: the same bleedin' thing that happened to everyone else mentioned in this post already.

HERE HAVE UPDATE FOR YOU: I found a way to stop the errors from effecting battle. I haven't stopped them, but I can prevent them from killing a battle, which I should have done originally just because of wacky errors.
  Anyway, I have the script dying instantly if it ever comes across a fluke. Thus far, one of these have been found, yet when the script re-runs, the fluke is gone! Make sense? Course not.

[Editted by MintMan on Jun 16, 2005 19:31]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 25, 2019 21:35 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019