Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 4:34 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: tourny battle isn't updating...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 21, 2005 18:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The problems don't grow greater; the problem does. Singular.

Amid a write to the tourney file, the IO apparently decided to kick. That, or it read blank and wrote it blank, too Boggle

I should still have all of the members enlisted in the tourney with their stats in place, so I can restart this for tomorrow.
fightertype

Member #227

Jul 1, 2005 16:04
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Uh oh...

It's happening again... my tourny battle hasn't updated for at least two hours.

Edit: Nevermind...it seems to be working now... Boggle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

[Editted by fightertype on Jul 1, 2005 18:03]
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 1, 2005 18:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Uh.... your fight is over.

Two hours? That's it? I dunno how often exactly tourney actions occur, but first realize that they only refresh on the hour; they are not continuous.

Second, be very sure of your time. Seeing as how it is already finished and is is just now six o'clock, there couldn't have been much delay; that's less than a twelve hour match.

I once received a complaint about a challenge laying stagnate for two weeks. The moron didn't know that I tracked times and it had in fact been only five days.

So, to reiterate, nothing is broken. Your fight is over. You either saw a cached page or a very in between moment of time.
fightertype

Member #227

Jul 1, 2005 21:22

Yes, I know they only update on the hour. Here's what happened: I checked for the first time sometime between noon and one (Central time). At that time I changed my AI.

Next hour mark rolled around...nothing changed. I refreshed, opened a new window, restarted my browser and bounced around to other things for about 15 minutes and came back still no change.

Next hour mark (or the one after.. I don't remember)...same thing...I checked again a few minutes beyond when it normally updates (1 minute after the hour generally),and reported the problem. I wandered off and did something else for a while. Checked again a bit later, and my battle was over. (I won. Big Smile )

I edited my post to say it was now working, so don't gimme a hard time about it. Tongue

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx
Lymfada

Member #214

Jul 8, 2005 12:54

Mint,
  on this I have been checking since about 6am (when I got up for work) and it is now almost 10 am and it does not seem to have updated. Im sure the battle is going on but I see no update. I checked at home and here at work. Not sure why I cant see the battle unfold any ideas (be nice)

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 8, 2005 17:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Seems like another bugger-up...I got home from vacation three hours ago, abouts, and today's battle hasn't even started yet.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 8, 2005 21:48

Okay, I see what you were talking about, but...

.... but there was nothing wrong. I mean... nothing-nothing. The Crontabs are still in place, and a manual run showed absolutely no problems.

I... really don't know what to say about this.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 20, 2024 4:34 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022