Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 22:26 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: tourny battle isn't updating...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
fightertype

Member #227

Jun 8, 2005 10:48
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've checked from several different computers this morning and neither my tourny battle vs. thematt (which should be over now, since it started yesterday!) or my normal battle are updating. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx
Lymfada

Member #214

Jun 8, 2005 11:39

I noticed that no battles in my tourney seem to have started yet. Im sure Minty will look into it when he gets a chance though he always does.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 8, 2005 12:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No scripts ran last night. Plain and simple.
  You Shadora peeps would also notice that no battles were canceled, and the recruited creature didn't change.

I can try and start them now, albeit late. Let's hope all of my files are in order to allow me to do this without FTP; otherwise, we're screwed.

"'You look slinky,' I said to her
  "At the top of the stairs." - Emo Phillips
Cheetarius

Member #10

Jun 8, 2005 21:36
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, THAT sounded encouraging. I was wondering why that last fight took so long... Slanted Mouth

- Cheetarius - "...and don't spread this around, but I was thinking that if we got up there, we would outnumber the regular crew, so we could wait until the last day, then overpower them, and take the thing on a joyride around the moon or something."
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 9, 2005 8:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, the last fight took so long because all Cronjobs were apparently canceled for reasons unbeknownst to me.

After initiating the tourneys, I decided to check on them. Well, hours later, a single turn had yet to transpire! Good thing I managed to check; things coulda got ug-ly... like me Upside Down Smile

... hey, waitaminute!

"A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do everything!" - Vulture, 60's Spider-Man Cartoon
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 9, 2005 10:42

I'm not sure if I'm the only one this happened to, due to my situation, but my battle in the tourney against Lt. Eagle has yet to end. Of course, my unique situation is that I'm battling Fox McBlurr, the Monster of the Never Ending Battle!

I'm guessing (poorly) that it lasted so long that the next schedualed tourney began or something and that the sudden-death-overtime portion was skipped over due to the start delay?

I dunno.

"Thank you, Spanky San, for giving Ling-Ling honor in hat form."
  - Drawn Together
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 9, 2005 17:04

I'ma guessing the fact that you are up against FMcBtMotNEB and the fight started sometime around five o'clock in the evening. THat is way much enough to kill the overrun in the battle script. It can only take so much!

And, of course, I am powerless to correct your li'l fault until I get a connection. Thanks a lot, wanker Mean Look

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
  "I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?" - Pinky and The Brain
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 9, 2005 23:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Fox may have lost the King of Springtime title, but that certainly doesn't prevent him from holding the uncharted King of Unendingness throne Smile

Hmm...it looks like Bimblesnaff's familiar was finally allotted a loss...was that calculated based upon some method to determine battle progress, or did the battle continue latently until Fox finally emerged victorious?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 10, 2005 24:10

He got a loss? Really?

I'm reading "Draw" on the tourney browsing page.

"'You look slinky,' I said to her
  "At the top of the stairs." - Emo Phillips
fightertype

Member #227

Jun 10, 2005 9:37

I'm having that sort of problem as well... The two interrupted battles ended up as Draws (according to the table on the tourny page), and they keep alternating between reading as "Loss" and "Victory" on the current tourny battle page.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 10, 2005 11:55

Yeah, for my log-in page, it says that Schrecken earned a victory over Fox Micky, so I just its just all wonky and what-not.

Or, its just saying we both won on our individual pages and is reporting the draw on the public page. Maybe Ems doesn't have it properly configured to state draws on the log-in pages, who knows?

"Thank you, Spanky San, for giving Ling-Ling honor in hat form."
  - Drawn Together
fightertype

Member #227

Jun 10, 2005 17:34

I had several in the last tourny. They showed up as "Undetermined". Of course come to think of it, in the last tourny I was in, it didn't show up as "Draw" even on the Tourny page...

Hmmm....

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 10, 2005 18:10

Yeah, well, I have been MIA for the last month without connection and all.

It woulda helped to mention that the Loss status was in the log-in to begin with; I can't see that. Well, not easily at least.

I don't even need to see it to know it is the problem. It prolly just checks to see if a guy won without checking to see if both happened to (the mark of a draw). Go bitwise logic!
fightertype

Member #227

Jun 10, 2005 23:14

I did mention it... "current tourny battle page" as opposed to "tourny page"

I didn't know what else to call them...

MintMan

Member #1

Jun 11, 2005 4:13

Yeah, I know you did, YFFI. I was referring to Eagle's initial complaint, thus the references to the loss and "to begin with" as he is what started this whole bowl of worms....

.... mmmm, gummy worms Lick
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Jun 11, 2005 10:18
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...thought it was a can of worms.

COOKIE!
Blade

Member #99

Jun 20, 2005 20:28

Heat Wave RR would seem to have a glitch. It said View Battle Log between Blade and Zedd twice. Now it could be a mistake on my part but I think it needs attention.

Sadame
Lymfada

Member #214

Jun 20, 2005 20:58

Thats ok I was in heatwave and now im stuck at no opponents I did not opt out of tourney but im stuck in without being able to fight wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I figure when tourney is over I will be out of it and able to get into the lucky one.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 20, 2005 22:14

Should have figured as much; Shadora screwed up by doubling its schedule, so why not BD, too?

The battle was killed by an IO error (something I included to prevent the corruption of user files), but the tournament file still writes by then; the room was still left with the unfinished battle log as were both fighters.

As for Lym, your problem seems to be from the IO failure as well; the tourney was written with you out of it, but your user file wasn't.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jun 21, 2005 15:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm...the problems ever grow greater here at RE.

At any rate, I just realized that Narotuilindale is in a tourney match-up for a tourney that doesn't even exist! It says "you are partaking in the tournament ." Much help. Also, to make things more interesting, I checked the tourneys page and it said that FoxMcBlur was enlisted in a tourney for level 6-8 creatures...wow. Just informing you of my most recent problems on BD.

...Is the nonexistent tourney going to be deleted, no harm done, or is it going to be reinstated? Just wondering.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 18, 2024 22:26 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022