Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 25, 2019 20:40 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: HUH!?!?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
wyvernofab

Member #162

Apr 29, 2005 14:24
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

i recently fought. the opponent was 2 lvls lower, and i lost. i lost because one banishment never hit below the "massacred" level. HUH?!
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 29, 2005 14:58
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Let me get this straight, you freakin' idiot. You are complaining because your low Virtue, high Arcane monster -- which is the very stat combination that makes something weak to banishment -- lost to a foe because -- as you just said -- it kicked your arse hard?

... Mean Look
Camo

Member #5

Apr 30, 2005 7:12
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I concour.

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 30, 2005 12:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

To quote the FAQ:

Banish inflicts damage on the foe that increases with the user's Virtue and target's Arcane but decreases with the target's Virtue.

Garm...I meant to post this in a previous post along with making a more-powerful FlamingFrenzy attack, but instead I tagged on the Bio token, but instead I got an unexpected result which means that I basically wasted all my other tokens!...but since FtRPG is just a game, neither I nor no one else cares.

* uses Smash on wyvernofab with a Telepsychic because you read the instruction manual before playing...at least I do *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

Sword
wyvernofab

Member #162

Apr 30, 2005 14:24
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

i did read it. just didnt know it was that high. why is everyone here (actually only mint man) in an eternal bad mood? is it something of the forums? the fact that i ask questions? is he some sort of robot? i havnt seen 1 post from him without an insult.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 30, 2005 14:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wait, wait, slow down...I never made a post without an insult? I beg to differ.

No one here is in an eternally bad mood, it is just that, when a question is asked that is directly answered by the FAQ, people get a bit peeved. Don't worry - I've been subjected to the same because I have asked pointless questions and made foolish remarks before. In fact, everyone has asked pointless questions at some time, save for MintMan who is the actual creator of the games...well, him, and maybe some others.

I hope I got this all correctly cleared up - will someone of the elder veterans confirm that what I have said? And no, I am not an elder veteran...that title is reserved, in my opinion, only for those who have been with Reality's End from its, or almost from its, beginning...and I have not.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

VinnyD

Member #9

Apr 30, 2005 15:09

Not to mention you often ask questions about which topics have already made, a post earlier answered, as LE said is in the FAQ, or you just post general spam.

It may seem like a bleak time for you, but Repent! Read everything before posting! Answer questions for noobs! Get good at one of these games! It is possible to take back your bad start.

Tongue

The Official Man's Man of RE.
msanis

Member #7

May 1, 2005 14:58
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've been around for quite a while, and I STILL ask stupid questions quite often. Heck, if you've checked any of my recent posts (which is probably like... two), then you'll see they mostly consist of stupid questions. Usually I just ask something that is covered, but perhaps still a little... vague. After making said post, chances of getting flamed are 50%. So flip a coin, and you'll probably know. Tongue

All you have to do is just avoid putting 'em all in a full-blown rage, and you should be fine. Wink

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

May 1, 2005 22:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, but most of what you blokes ask is stuff pertaining to the new version, so it doesn't matter how veteran you are at all.

I think I am in a bad mood whenever you are around, at least, Wyvern, 'cause your posts always mean some sort of bad news.
  I mean, your post -- neglectings its incompetent, unrelated title -- was self-defeating. You simply stated that your familiar was defeated because a lot of damage was dealt to it.... that's just shortening everyone who read it's life.
Camo

Member #5

May 2, 2005 1:42
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Apr 30, 2005 14:31, LieutenantEagle said:

No one here is in an eternally bad mood

I'm always in a bad mood!

*Pulls down pants to show how bad mooded I really am*

c**t me up scotty
Matrakyon

Member #191

May 2, 2005 9:54
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Basilisks haave useful spells and techs. Although there aren't many avian types for you to attack, just try not to fight bestial types, find a strategy, and you will win some battles.
MintMan

Member #1

May 2, 2005 10:19

Well, his problem came from fighting an Avian. While it is true that Serpents are strong against Avians, that only relates to Serpentine techs and Avian techs.

Unfortunately for Wyvern, he didn't give heed to the fact that Basilisks and Bennus have very few techniques of their phenotypes. They are mostly Poison and Earth or Light and Fire. Those elements are neutral against one another.

In fact, more than the virtue/arcane comparison (which one can easily tell by simply comparing the two monsters and seeing which stat is higher), Basilisks learn Burn as one of their primary magical techs.
  It is fire. Fire don't hurt Bennus. In short, don't fight them. Monoceros's and, after learning Insanity, Nidhoggs for your best chances.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

May 4, 2005 23:05

Say, Mints, would it be recommended for Bennus to fight Monoceroses by primarily setting the grid to mostly castings? Monoceroses have high Virtue and low Arcane, making them a great target for the good-Arcane, good-Virtue Bennu. Also, Avian beats Equine...

...Problem is, Obelisk becomes pretty much useless...and I believe Monoceroses learn Water spells eventually...but I think that's only Remedy, so that's no problem.

Also, I have been avoiding fighting Hrimfaxis with my Bennu because they seem more advantageously set, elemental-wise and stat-wise; good Arcane and Virtue for both would just make the battle a tedious war of elemental magics, which the Hrimfaxi would win because Water beats Fire.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

May 6, 2005 10:15

You really gotta start learning to look at the whole picture, hippy.

Monoceros's Virtue is not nearly as high as Bennu's. It is only slightly above average. Any value lower than the Bennu's outrageous Virtue would make Banishments from it effective. The only thing you could do better would be to get an SL2 Casting in the slot instead. True, this is better, but Obelisk is far from worthless.
  You act as tho' the spell wouldn't do any worthwhile damage at all. A Kamaitachi Casting against a Nidhogg -- now that's worthless. Bennu Bans against a Monoceros -- at the very least an average amount of damage if the Monoceros has boosted Virtue.

As for Hrim, yes, Water is strong against Fire. That would be a problem for you if you attacked the Hrimfaxi stupidly with Fire. Of course, Bennu also has access to Light, which is effective against the Hrimfaxi's Dark element. Which wins out? Neither, so long as both sides use what is effective against the enemy instead of something else very stupidly.
  A Bennu has enough Light techs to get it by against a Hrim. Unless you stacked your deck with unnecessary Fire techniques, it would be a rather balanced fight.

Of course, no one wants a fight to be fair Tongue Stick to killin' 'Hoggs in about three hits.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

May 6, 2005 17:59

'Hoggs in three and Bassies in seven then for me would be the best then, I guess...

Cwn Annwn also looks like a good one to challenge, since they're Dark and Bestial...and not such great Virtue.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

May 8, 2005 23:41

Lookit again, hippy. Garms are Dark and Bestial; Cwns are Spectral.

But mostly, those two are not mentioned since they are almost non-existant, especially when you get to the higher levels (which you are rapidly reaching).

Plus, Bestial means almost nothing save neutrality toward your elements.

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
  "I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?" - Pinky and The Brain
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Aug 25, 2019 20:40 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019