Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 15:48 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Techs and things

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lymfada

Member #214

Apr 26, 2005 22:34
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Quick question, I just hit lvl 10, I thought at lvl 10 i would get a new tech, I did not. Now I did get to raise a stat does this count as my new tech or did I read wrong that you get a new tech every other lvl such as 2,4,6 and so on. On a side note Phoenix is now lvl 10 and very happy to be there.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 26, 2005 23:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You get a tech every other level, but you also get one every five wins. Thing is, these two numbers overlap.

So, your level (10) divided by two shows how many you are supposed to get based on level (5). Your wins (14) divided by five show how many you are supposed to get for them (2.8). Added together, they are your total earned tech amount (7.8) in addition to your starting five (+one spell +four techs = 12.8).

Round down, and you see your combined total of twelve spells, techs, and skills that your monster has thus far. Hey, everything works! What gives? Where was your earned tech?
  Answer: You already got it! Flash back one level:

Your last fight was not a win but did level you up. Let us recrunch those numbers:

9 (old level) / 2 + 14 (wins) / 5 + 5 (starting) = 4.5 + 2.8 + 5 = 7.3 + 5 = 12.3

Did you catch it? It is the decimal level-win addition that you did not account for, probably because you did not know that it existed! Well, it does! It exists to prevent droughts of techs followed by the possibility of earning two at once (earning an even level and five-divisible win amount in one felled swoop).
Lymfada

Member #214

Apr 26, 2005 23:45
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Cool thanks for the formula did not realize it was based on math formula instead of straight forward 5 wins and everyother lvl.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 15:48 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022