Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 23, 2019 16:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Double Tourney Joins Strike Back

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
MintMan

Member #1

May 2, 2005 16:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Daz-nabbit! You couldn't catch this flagrant error before the tournament started? I have been operating under the assumption that Springtime was heavily botched, not all these other tourneys!

Luckily, you are only fake enlisted. That is, you do not appear on the list, so having the status of being in it is little more than an annoyance.

You and about thirty others were enlisted into Piddle, somehow, all with the same time code. Thing is, there is no one enlisted current with that time code, so how the blutty 'el did it spread to all youse guys?
  Only thing I can figger is that the auto-removal script needs to clear some bad data or somethin', 'cause that is the only thing that has access to enlistment codes and a list of all other tournament participants.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

May 2, 2005 17:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Major upset! The King of Wintertime has been dethroned by *gasp* a Sickle Weasel!

Not like my win is actually a fair one, since I used two relics for the tournament, but heck, everyone had equal chances to use those same relics, right?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

MadGoblin

Member #2

May 2, 2005 17:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah, dammit to hell!

I wish I would have been smart enough to put a slight dent in my overfilled heap of Relics for just an aid at a title shot.

I can't believe that you won anyways, Eagle. I mean, the overwhelming advantage normally held by a Drake over a Weasel is substantial. 'Tis quite a miracle you won. Or, you know, dumb luck Tongue

"I'm going to special hell."
  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

May 2, 2005 19:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...I think the only reason I won is because of my relics.

See, if that critical strike with Shadow Blast did full-blown damage, Ripper would be having fried weasel for dinner. Outside of relics, I had no chance of beating Camo, ever...

...Then again, what point is there in hoarding relics if the entire point of their existence is to use them?

EDIT: Der, I lost...due to my own stupidity!!! Stupid AI update automatically sets it for tourneys as well...my bad.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on May 3, 2005 19:04]

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on May 3, 2005 20:27]
Camo

Member #5

May 6, 2005 3:02
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If you use a relic in a tournement how does it work? Like can you use it once per battle in that tournement?

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
MintMan

Member #1

May 6, 2005 9:55

Well, yeah, Eagle. The boxes right there says "Set for Next/Current/Remaining Tournament Match-Ups." I... I don't know how to make it any more obvious than that.

Relic usage in a tournament is explained in the FAQ. Use it, and use it in every match-up of the tournament. Things like WyrdWater and Brok's Smithy will just have a reduced effect.
  You need to remember that tourneys are not worth nearly as much as a regular fight, so blowing a relic on one cannot result is disappearing after one match-up; then they'd be entirely worthless.
Camo

Member #5

May 6, 2005 23:57
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

FAQ off.

c**t me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

May 7, 2005 10:58

See, MintMan, I always knew the thing was there, but on that particular day, I forgot that it is checked by default. I think you should make it unchecked by default so that people don't go and screw up their tournaments like I did...I could've been King of Springtime had I not messed that up!...Ah well, maybe still not, but...

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Aug 23, 2019 16:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019