Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Aug 24, 2019 7:30 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Double Tourney Joins Strike Back

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 18, 2005 9:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If any of you remember the glitch in the BD system where someone joined a tourney and had five upcoming tournaments listed...?

...Well, it's happened to FoxMcBlur again on King of Springtime Tourney - Fox has two upcoming Springtime tournaments on the same date. Just informing you so that you can fix the problem...or has it never been fixed and I was in a semi-conscious state of...semi-consciousness?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Apr 18, 2005 16:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

According to my notes, you joined said tourney twice at two different times! This is not a strike-back of the previous; this is something new.

Before, old enlistment data simply duplicated. Having a time seven minutes away could only be produced by another tourney that you joined at that time instead of Springtime, but there were none!

Another thing of the old fluke was that it was simply enlistment in tourneys one was not enlisted in because they were over with. Springtime hasn't come yet.

All of that balls up into a big ol' pile of "WTF, mate?" but is easily remedied since, unlike the previous bug, you can actually cancel your way out of these tourneys.
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 18, 2005 18:03
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The tournaments section from my log-in says that I'm currently signed up for the King of Springtime tournament, yet when I actually look at the tournament only four people are in, not including me. Should I try to sign-up again to put myself in?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 18, 2005 18:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What teh blutty 'el?! I only joined once!...Grr, stupid chipmunks.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Apr 18, 2005 22:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That was odd... re-joining LE unjoined you, Draggy, and re-joining you to it unjoined LE again Dead Confusing?

"A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do everything!" - Vulture, 60's Spider-Man Cartoon
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 19, 2005 18:02

Talk about odd...

By the way, on the Second Monthly Month tourney, the battle between Naro and Atomic_Boo has been proclaimed undetermined...is this because the battle extended into infinity (which would be understandable between two Bennu eggs...)

Also, will this battle be re-fought, or will Atomic_Boo and Naro claim equal rights to the tournament title should they both win all other battles?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Apr 19, 2005 21:43

Infinite battles are supposed to be instantly declared a draw. For some reason, it keeps not being declared a draw, even tho' I had it working when the system first went in Slanted Mouth

It really sucks 'cause the battle log gets lost whenever this bug occurs, which is actually quite often (and always Bennus or Hydra D'oh ).
Matrakyon

Member #191

Apr 20, 2005 11:13
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

In the tournaments section in my account, it says that I'm enlisted in the SPRINGTIME tourney twice, even though i never signed up for it, because I don't fulfill the requirements. What is the problem here?
Lymfada

Member #214

Apr 20, 2005 12:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Matrakyon,
   Just cancle the tourney, it happened to me also but I was enlisted 3 times. I cancled one and the rest were gone also.

Lym

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 20, 2005 15:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just think that you should know that I am amoung those facing this odd bug. The thing is, instead of saying that I'm elisted in the Springtime twice when I never signed up, it says it 6 times. It says I signed up on April 15th 6:10, 6:03, and 5:12. Yeah, I can count to three, but each showed up twice.

Maybe it's just showing up on our logs and we aren't actually enlisted. We don't show up on the Springtime page, and MM said that enlisting LE got him unenlisted, so maybe... That's so confusing that it almost makes sense... or not.

Anyway, out of fear for my dear Artimis, I'm not going to touch anything. Have fun fixing it.
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 20, 2005 23:23

Okay, so this is quickly turning into what the old bug was. Lemme lookit something...

Embarrassed It wasn't member blank causing some wacky sort of troubles! This is an honest-to-goodness bug, but why is it showing up now and not any other time? Someone had to do something to initiate this thing, obviously in something that traverses and saves member listings, thusly adding an unjoined Springtime to everything... bugger. And I wanted to sleep tonight.

Okay, I undid the damage from the forty effected files, but I still don't know what the cause is. Everything I can think of (battle script and the tourney check script) does not seem to have a hand in it. Worse yet, the total member number keeps freakin' up. Awkward.

[Editted by MintMan on Apr 21, 2005 1:00]
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 23, 2005 16:26
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OK...I must have screwed up the tournament sign-ups rather badly now. I just noticed the First May Flowers tournament and signed up for it. Then I realized that both the First May Flowers tournament and the King of Springtime tournament started on the same date, and I had managed to sign-up on both. At least, that's what it shows from the list of upcoming tournaments; on my log-in tournaments page it only shows me signed up for the King of Springtime tournament. To top it all off, when I tried to cancel it, it said that the tournament does not exist.
Cheetarius

Member #10

Apr 23, 2005 19:33
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Did you make sure you had the tournament selected? Because when you hit Cancel without having a tourney selected, it gives you a message like that.

- Cheetarius - "...and don't spread this around, but I was thinking that if we got up there, we would outnumber the regular crew, so we could wait until the last day, then overpower them, and take the thing on a joyride around the moon or something."
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 23, 2005 19:53

Yep. Just tried it again. Same message.
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 23, 2005 22:54

Okay, I know what the problem was, and it was my fault. When undoing the damage from the Springtime bug reduplicating itself throughout multiple accounts, I improperly removed yours, at least, causing the subsequent sign-up to Flowers to not only succeed but bugger up as well.

Hope no one else will get this problem.
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 24, 2005 1:55

OK, apparently all good now. Although at first I was still signed up for both tournaments. It would have been fun taking part in two...except that it's almost a certainly that things would've messed up. So I canceled Springtime and stayed in Flowers. Everything tournament-related for me seems OK.

On the double note, my current battle log showed my ryu carp using courage (a spell) twice in a row. The virtue value is still calculated correctly, though, so not much of a problem.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 28, 2005 19:23

What in the -?

I tried to fix FoxMcBlur's grid, but got Narotuilindale's grid instead...same goes for AI. This happened on the link associated to King of Springtime Tournament, so...I canceled King of Springtime and rejoined...and set my grid properly...

...but now I checked, and Draggy's gone!...or at least I think he was in the tournament before I left and rejoined, but it seems that the computer really has something against putting both myself and Draggy in the same tournament...

EDIT: Never mind. I need to pay attention. Please feel free to bombard me with assaults for spamming.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Apr 28, 2005 23:58]
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 29, 2005 20:32

I get the feeling that zendrix may have been booted out. For some reason, I've become the first person on the list, when I was supposed to be the seventh.
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 29, 2005 20:35

No, Zendrix unjoined the tourney, which apparently booted you out. So, I added you back to the tournament in his place.

Simple, no?

"'You look slinky,' I said to her
  "At the top of the stairs." - Emo Phillips
VinnyD

Member #9

May 2, 2005 12:48

Hmmm, I'm not as lucky as I thought. I got a bug too. I had Crackle signed up for a tourney I thought started the first. Well, apparently he skipped that and somehow signed onto the 1-3 tournament piddle piddle prime. Now I'm officially annoyed.

Edit: Now that Im done beating Camo Big Smile , I see that I am in the fourth may flowers tourney, and that for some reason I maybe didnt see it or something. That still doesnt explain how Crackle was signed up for a tourney with levels 1-3. (hes 11)

Take it back, Take It Back, TAKE IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

[Editted by VinnyD on May 2, 2005 15:30]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Aug 24, 2019 7:30 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019