Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 6:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: OPENSEASON

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Cheetarius

Member #10

Mar 11, 2005 19:23
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mints is so mean to me. I'm never allowed to be sarcastic or anything fun like that. Frown

Meh, a lousy 7 XP for the Open Season tourney, hehe. And the only battle I won was vs. a L7 Nidhogg egg. xD

- Cheetarius, Spamming The Known Universe...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 12, 2005 12:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yah, tournaments aren't really great when it comes to dishing out Experience...however, they are the only way (other than free relic giveaways) that you can purchase Relics...like my shiny new Wyrd's Water which will hopefully finally advance Asfaloth to Level 25 so that I can adopt a Bennu.

...Speaking of which, I was wondering: would there be any glitch if Asfaloth reached Level 25, then FoxMcBlur eventually reached Level 25...as in, would it say that I would be able to adopt a fourth familiar, or would it say that Narotuilinde ("fire bird" in Quenya tongue; decided final name of my to-be-adopted Bennu) has to reach Level 25?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Mar 12, 2005 21:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It would say that your Bennu would need to reach level twenty-five or Fox would have to reach twenty-five and the Bennu at least twenty... 'cause that is how the formula works.... unless I have changed it since the thousand times I have explained it.

No glitch. How do I know? 'Cause I got a ton of monsters of my own. How else?

It would be a little sad if your Bennu beat-out your ol' Kamaitachi, however. I couldn't complain, tho', since one of the new monsters would actually be getting some friggin' use... wait, Lym is already rockin' the Bennu. Why not get a Garm instead? Few are doing it any justice.

Tourneys are good for XP, 'specially free XP. Losing them ain't, tho', and half of the participants of an elimination tourney lose the first day, thus why you should try to stay clear of them. Forget about tourney points; losses give absolutely zero!
  Of course, the winner walks away with some mad XP... if all of the battles are evenly matched. King of Springtime will be the thing to look for!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 13, 2005 12:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...Hmmm....speaking of which, for elimination tourneys, are you thinking of introducing seeds? For instance, the top two tourney people are placed away from each other...or is it always going to be just dumb luck deciding the day, with you having no control over who goes where?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan airport." -President Dubya

Post Scriptum:
  My third familiar will be a Bennu and that is final. The reason is that the elements I associate with (in RPs) are Fire and Light, and...well, so do Bennus. That's why.

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Mar 13, 2005 14:18]
Lymfada

Member #214

Mar 13, 2005 13:06
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here is another idea dont know how feasible it is but here goes. What about double elimination Tourneys. It would prob be a pain to do but it would give everyone at least 2 matches in the tourney, and the winner would get more xp/tp. Even if it was only for the King tourneys.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
Blade

Member #99

Mar 13, 2005 19:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What about a sort of Tag Team Tourney? e.g 2 people vs 2 people.
  The team that wins has to eliminate the other 2 and your team does not lose if one of the tag team dies.
  There would need to be some sort of targeting system or even make it turn based?
  This would require a more active role in tourneys but it'd be a whole lotta coding for you Minty!
  Maybe it could open up a door to Tag matches not just tourneys?

Really, do not try and bend the spoon

Edit:
  And there could be tag team champs? And maybe for a final showdown have the tag team vs each other for a single champ?
  But Tag Team Champ Title Bouts would seem good. Big Smile

[Editted by Blade on Mar 13, 2005 19:28]
Lymfada

Member #214

Mar 13, 2005 19:30
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

lol I can see it now Mint will read this and say "What are you people on crack or somehting" We all have great ideas (by the way I like blades) but im sure it would be a coding nightmare.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 13, 2005 19:59

No, I am just going to give my normal rag about never suggesting anything to me in the forums ever. I hate suggestions because they are either incredibly stupid, impossible, or something I have already long since thought of which will now seem unoriginal.

Tag Team champions are one of those reasons I keep stressing this fact. I already want to make these as I have discussed multiple monster battles for quite some time, and I am an old-school fan of wrestling, so of course I would need tag team to go along with heavy weight champ.

Double elimination is just more than a hassle; single elimination is rarely enough used and all the elimination we need.
  The winner of an elimination also receives a As's load of wealth in points, not a small amount as you suggest. The losers receive nothing, and the winners of stupid tourneys like the one this entire topic is about also receive little, but then again, anyone who challenges those more than five levels below them always receive bupkis for rewards.

An elimination winner receives experience equal to winning every match in a round robin tourney of the same length of days; that is quite a bit.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 14, 2005 16:02

...Ahh...no comments on the seeding idea just further reflects its stupidity. Sorry Mints, you know I've never made a useful suggestion.

* uses LuckyAura to have better luck with intelligence *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 14, 2005 17:45

Oh, right, the seed. I forgot about that. No hurt on you intended; just everyone else. * uses GroundGlow on LieutenantEagle *

Not stupid, just unfair to other people. By trying to stack the odds, you either pit the strong people against themselves, thereby making the matches more balanced. However, in the long run, you could eliminate members who should in fact be there.

On the other hand, if you try to make matches so that the highest level people should be at the end, you are really hurting the little guys.

The answer: full random is the only way to go. Thataway, no one is at any more a disadvantage than anyone else. Keep in mind that normally, a ten-level gap will not appear. Open Season is something -- as I have stated before -- that I did not even believe possible to create. Ice really mucked things up with it... or at least mucked with all those little people that enlisted in it.
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 6:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022