Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 13:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: OPENSEASON

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 25, 2005 17:39
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Anyone want to hazzard a guess on how many will participate. I'm guessing 27 in total.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 25, 2005 18:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It can hold up to a few hundred? Man, I would say that a good number of that would fill up, but Ems made up the other tourneys (which I joined instead) since round-robin gets the guaranteed more XP for your time. Knowing my luck, I'd be paired with Ice's lvl 25 off the bat Dead

"The anus isn't meant to leak! That's why it's tight!"
  - Craig Ferguson, I Love The 90s
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 25, 2005 18:41

oh shoot,
   Now I have to decide which one. My poor little Bennu will get cremated in the openseason one but it looks like more fun, decisions decisions.

Lym
draggy1234

Member #97

Feb 26, 2005 11:57
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

At least you just have one creature to worry about.

I have three, and each one is eligible for two of the listed tournaments. So I have to decide which one I want to participate, and which tournament to participate in. How's that for decision-making?

(That leads to 6 choices, by the way.)
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 26, 2005 12:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You're starting to make me think that I mayhaps shouldn't get a Bennu, draggy. Too many choices.

Um, I know this is not the topic that this was originally about...but King of Wintertime is totally screwed up! Read this battle log between myself and Camo, and notice its one-sidedness:

Begin bout between Camo's Ripper Nomercy and LieutenantEagle's Asfaloth! Ripper Nomercy carries Camo into the battle. Asfaloth carries LieutenantEagle into the battle. Asfaloth uses Bellow. Ripper Nomercy's Strength terribly fell! Asfaloth uses Alicorn. Ripper Nomercy is brutally damaged by the assault. Ripper Nomercy's Defense decreased slightly. Ripper Nomercy has been broken. Ripper Nomercy's Defense was lowered. Asfaloth uses Cleanse. Ripper Nomercy is blasted by the blow. Ripper Nomercy's Speed is returning to normal. Asfaloth uses Horn. Critical strike! Ripper Nomercy is wounded by the magic. Asfaloth uses Pierce. Ripper Nomercy is brutally wounded by the technique. Ripper Nomercy's Defense decreased slightly. Asfaloth uses Smash. Ripper Nomercy is massacred by the attack. Ripper Nomercy has been broken. Ripper Nomercy's Defense was lowered. Asfaloth uses Purify. Ripper Nomercy is somewhat wounded. Ripper Nomercy's Speed is returning to normal. Ripper Nomercy's Strike is returning to normal. Asfaloth uses Stab. Critical strike! Ripper Nomercy is wounded by the blow. Ripper Nomercy's Defense decreased slightly. Asfaloth uses Stomp. Critical strike! Ripper Nomercy is massively injured. Ripper Nomercy has been broken. Ripper Nomercy's Defense was lowered. Asfaloth uses Purify. Ripper Nomercy is hit by the banishment. Ripper Nomercy's Speed is returning to normal. Ripper Nomercy's Strike is returning to normal. Asfaloth uses Stab. Critical strike! Ripper Nomercy is brutally wounded by the blow. Ripper Nomercy's Defense was brought to a minimum! Asfaloth has won the match.

....Umm...the only way this would have been possible is if I had, like, 20 Speed and Ripper had like 1, which is clearly impossible. As I take it, it is also why the match is Undetermined.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -President Dubya

draggy1234

Member #97

Feb 26, 2005 12:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My wild guess on that event would be that it might have had something to do with Ripper Nomercy's CorpseEater skill working from the previous tournament battle.

Also, I don't see anything significantly wrong about getting a Bennu. The part I didn't get about your post was something about too many choices. What exactly were you talking about?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 26, 2005 13:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whaddayamean? Thirteen is a ton of choices! Well, eleven, 'cause he already has two... and about three if you want to consider the good ones Slanted Mouth

Well it is understandable why -- Camo has two battle logs against himself Boggle How the Hel did that happen? Oh, right, I did not put the column reduction in the script, so it paired the non-existant fights against himself (being index zero) Nervous My bad.

Obviously, Eliminations still have their bugs, which is why I am babying them through. Redo and try again, LE & Camo. Hopefully, nothing got too screwed up for ya.
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 26, 2005 14:20

Hey now Bennu are fun. They are more of a defensive creature but with the high virtue and heals it makes a good combo. You just dont have many actual attacks, and the ones you do have all center around the magic bar. I cant wait to see what the other techs and stuff are. I'm hoping for a cure and/or a special attack to go in the special bar so I can be a bit more agressive. Time will tell.

Lym
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 26, 2005 14:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I apologize if my remark was not understood properly. What I meant is, should I really adopt a third creature if this will cause me to suddenly have to make so many decisions? I already have enough decisions in life (and more impending now that I get mail from three to four colleges a day...stupid College Board student search service, but hey, I got invited to some good colleges so...)

...Actually, this is the second time that something glitched when I fought Camo, the first time being when FoxMcBlur "overhealed" itself therefore giving Camo the victory...now someone supposedly cast Stop on Ripper Nomercy Smile 1-1 in glitch battles! Laughing

LieutenantEagle

EDIT:
  Dez-nabbit, I lost...to a Nidhogg!? Grr, stupid critical strikes. But anyhow, Camo is scheduled to fight against Camo again...MintMan, I think this may be of interest to you.
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Feb 26, 2005 19:16]
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 6, 2005 13:10

The entire tournament is going to come down to Ice versus Thacarious.

I really did not think it would make it past the sixteen member bubble; 'twould have been hilarious for the entire tournament to go belly-up at fifteen members Laughing Seven automatic cancellations! That would have been great.

Alas, it never came to be. Once the sixteen barrier was passed, I knew it was not going to make it to thirty-two, however. I think six people were kicked out... I guess that is still pretty good. Most were level one n00bs, so one one cares.

Anyhoo, I think that Ice has a big advantage in the end, but then again, Thacarious is actually a good fighter, so... it will be a close call.
  My money is still going on Thac', tho'.
MMZero

Member #200

Mar 9, 2005 6:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You might wanna get a refund, Mint...

I got knocked out in Round 2...

*grumble grumble Lousy double Nidhogg battle grumble grumble*

Visit my website, and you too can help raise and feed two growing Battling Dragons creatures.
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 9, 2005 9:10

Didn't see that coming. Didn't see Ice losing to the weasel, either. I mean.... c'mon!

It took me a while to figure out just what was going on. How did Shadow win, especially when almost all he did was use Breath?
  Then, it hit me -- that was all he needed to do! All of Shadow's attacks, although largely inferior to what Raishoom was using, were not Dark elemental. This ensured that they would actually cause the damage they intended, even if Casting against another 'Hogg.
  Stack multiple Flights in a row onto it, and ya got something...

So, Raishoom could Shadow Blast and Apocalypse all it wanted -- after getting through the elemental advantage, they were an effective SL or two lower than they actually are!

Interesting strategy... although using Claw and DragonsBreath would end up doing better. 'Course, this is a tourney, and you cannot custom tailor your grid to every opponent.
  It was a good example of working with what you got.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 9, 2005 23:37

Talk about bad luck! My first three rounds are all against Hrimfaxis...I've taken out two, but this third one might be too much for me...

...At any rate, I noticed that Fox has a somewhat high critical strike rate...is Kamaitachi strike really that good?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

MintMan

Member #1

Mar 10, 2005 24:03

No, but horse agility is really that bad.

The average horse agility is set at five below average, which is really, really bad. That is the equivalent of most dark monsters' virtue to give you a good comparison.

"No, I never lose. I just choose not to win." - Mandy
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 10, 2005 20:23

Ah...I see. So that's why I always have dire need of an Aegis whenever using Asfaloth in a battle against a Nidhogg.

*checks Open Season tourney*

Major upsets!...Wow, I didn't think that Fox would defeat three Hrimfaxis and a Hydra to be crowned the champion. How cool...many tourney points coming up for me, yay.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

Cheetarius

Member #10

Mar 10, 2005 20:39
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Meh, go figure my L15 Pyrus would run into a stinking L21 Hrim... blech, how foul, how disgusting... how predictable.

- Cheetarius - "...and don't spread this around, but I was thinking that if we got up there, we would outnumber the regular crew, so we could wait until the last day, then overpower them, and take the thing on a joyride around the moon or something."
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 11, 2005 8:21

No, Cheet, that was not something overly obvious and predictable from a tournament ranging from levels one to twenty-five. Of course if you are in the middle, chances are that you would either gonna get nothing from a n00b or defeated by someone way stronger than you.

Why do you think I made a host of other tourneys as soon as Ice made that piece of crap? I did not want a lot of people wasting their time with it, but too many people went for the shiny.... All that widdled down to was a normal twenty-to-twenty-five tourney with a blutty 'el of a lot less experience dished out.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 11, 2005 9:37

What teh blutty 'el!?

Why does the Tournament Results page say that the winners are...Ice and Mista!?? I thought I pulverizated...er, defeated Ice somewheres in the earlier rounds? Darned Perl glitches.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  All your base are belong to us.

MintMan

Member #1

Mar 11, 2005 10:24

Um.... because you're an impatient baystork that got there before I could fix it?

Wanna hear the funny thing? I just thought "Oh, the reward script must not be reducing the tournament size for every day of an elimination tourney, thus giving the zero-index person a win each time! That is why Ice got so much..."

.... no. That would make sense (surprising, no?). I ran the redo script and... the results wouldn't duplicate Boggle It has long been fixed -- even when you posted this message -- but I still cannot figure just quite how it went down.
  I was still able to undo the results... but it is still a li'l weird.
Lymfada

Member #214

Mar 11, 2005 18:10

By the way LieutenantEagle,
   Big congrats on winning.

Lym
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 13:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022