Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 9:29 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: ARGH! I can't learn Spells!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MMZero

Member #200

Feb 25, 2005 14:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This is so lame!

According to the grid rules, "The highest leveled tech in every bar must be a spell; otherwise, you may only have a Lvl 1 tech slotted to that bar."

Well, what am I supposed to do when I only have 1 spell?! I can't learn any more because they are all grayed out.

This is really starting to get on my nerves. What am I suppose to do in order to "unlock" the other spells?

I like nachos, how 'bout you?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 25, 2005 15:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, apparently.... nothing.

Did you happen to look over your learning pattern? You have one spot left to learn and only two SL2 techs. What are you going to do with another spell? You cannot even fill up your second energy level fully!
  I guess you could fill it with li'l SL1s...

How did you even manage to do that? I thought I had blocks in place, one of which you are facing right now.

More curious still, how did you manage to get to level ten and only have one spell learned? You never learned the other one? I think you broke the safety by doing that Slanted Mouth

You have ten slot-spots open. That is enough for three SL1s, three SL2s, three spells, and one thing left over. So, I am gonna wipe your SL1s and ponder how you even trapped yourself in this kind of predicament.
MMZero

Member #200

Feb 25, 2005 15:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have no idea how it happened. Whenever I had points left to acquire new techs, I'd use them on the ones that weren't grayed out, hoping that I'd eventually be able to obtain them.

As it turns out, I never was...

Is it just me, or am I rambling?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 25, 2005 16:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, you couldn't learn the other spell 'cause you obviously never trained up your first one! You relied too much on web site hit experience and not enough on actual battle training.

Hmm.... I wonder if I should implement something that gives web site view experience to a practice rating. Something very small, but enough to give 100% by the time a familiar is level seven or so.

Okay, the big problem was that the disabled learning was not taking into consideration that you could slot SL1 techs on the second energy level. I had originally intended this since that is a very, very bad thing to do. However, you learnt yourself into a corner, so there was very little choice left...

So, it looks like I gotta try to come up with a way -- which is very, very complicated, by the way -- to take into consideration a previouls energy level's techs for higher ones while still making sure that familiar has enough of the lower leveled techs to fill up their intended location Dead
  ... I think I has the solution. * murders self, but then uses Restore because he forgot his coat *

EDIT: You rotten little bugger. You only learned back two SL1 techs! That is exploiting my niceness. Everyone starts off with three or four SL1s, not two. You were allowed to get away with it 'cause of that skill o' yours.
  Just remember that by all technicality, you should still be wallowing around with only one spell; I mean, they were blocked out for a legitimate reason and all.

[Editted by MintMan on Feb 25, 2005 16:47]
Sword
Cheetarius

Member #10

Feb 25, 2005 19:20
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I cannot help but point out that this whole thing is incredibly humorous... That someone would get a critter on a game called Battling Dragons and then never battle with it is just the beginning of the hilarity...

- Cheetarius - "...and don't spread this around, but I was thinking that if we got up there, we would outnumber the regular crew, so we could wait until the last day, then overpower them, and take the thing on a joyride around the moon or something."
MMZero

Member #200

Feb 25, 2005 19:21

Err... I have no idea what you're talking about...? ^_^;;

Is it just me, or am I rambling?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 9:29 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022