Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 18:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: REading old posts about battle stragities...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
yo_hi

Member #220

Feb 17, 2005 20:10
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*EDIT STRATEGIES (correcting my spelling on the title)

Wow... damn i feel so old and for hell's sake theres so much strategy to this bd now.. i LOVE ITT!!!!

mind you now i'm totaly sucking with my dragon <_<'
  i just now figured out i had more things to put on my grid >_<'
  but i dont think it reloads the grid till after a tourny?
  i need to stop reading all these posts.. i'm gettin a headace..

[Editted by yo_hi on Feb 17, 2005 21:00]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 17, 2005 23:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh, you talkin' 'bout the final spell? Well, previously, you did not get Shadow Burner until level sixteen. Now... you get it at ten for spending the point. Big difference.

But yeah, once a tourney begins, you cannot change your grid in it until it is over. Same with a web battle. Any future ones are all clear, though, even battles that run at the same time as your tourney.

This actual strategy must be a big shock to you especially. You probably originally left back when you could only select one command at a time Embarrassed Ooo, scary.
yo_hi

Member #220

Feb 18, 2005 6:58

lol thats is when i left..you had the drop down menue and it was like....*click*...*waits a day or two..*.. *checks if i won*.

and another thing.. (lol i love that guy..jackie chan?...blah anywhoo)

the whole train your creature with the bouncing bar thing is gone.. *sadness*

ahh the good o'l days..
  *thinks i need a RE cane...*
  watch soon ill be saying whiper snapers and such like that... and going "In my day..."

waaaaaaa....

Let your mind fade all that I say
  Into the world of make believe
  Where petty things become reality
  And the end is the new beginning.

msanis

Member #7

Feb 21, 2005 14:53
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

One can not be solely light, or solely dark to be of great strength. Rather, the greatest way to utilize your powers of either, is to combine the two.

How one might do this? That is up to you to find out.

(Quite simple... really.)

...And the gods laughed maniacally upon the sight of the horrific suffering Apocalypse withstood...
yo_hi

Member #220

Feb 22, 2005 6:42

ooo... i love how you said that...
  i wana be poetic..
  to tired to... damn insomia..
  <3
  thanks for da advice..i'm gonna go study the element types of damage and what not..
  though i should of done this for the start..
  ugh.

Let your mind fade all that I say
  Into the world of make believe
  Where petty things become reality
  And the end is the new beginning.

[Editted by yo_hi on Feb 22, 2005 6:42]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 22, 2005 10:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, Yo, that was not advice at all. That was sorta just... rambling.

There is no way for any monster to combine Light and Dark... ever. Even if what Sanis meant was just combining good and evil aspects (being Cast and Banish), it would still be garbage. Against any enemy, one will always be better than the other; that, or they will be evenly matched and it makes no difference which you ever use.

That's the neat thing about poetry. It sounds need, but it rarely ever means something useful Slanted Mouth
msanis

Member #7

Feb 22, 2005 19:31
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually Minty, I think if you've noticed my recent battle strategy in the tournaments (specifically... the ones before the "Heart Break" tournaments), you'd begin to understand. It basically WAS meant to sound like rambling, but there is indeed truth behind it. You should be able to figure it out, afterall... you made it possible.

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Feb 22, 2005 19:33]
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 23, 2005 24:01

Using a relic can hardly be considered a strategy, not just because it can so rarely be done (only Light elementals can actually win a rood nail; you only got it from The Grab) but also because utilizing Nidhogg's pathetic virtue for a Ban can be considered a strategy under no body's book.

"No, I never lose. I just choose not to win." - Mandy
msanis

Member #7

Feb 23, 2005 18:59

hehe... Yea, I guess I kind of cheated there. A poor strategy, but it has served me quite well in most of my battles. Despite the lowered magical prowess of my little dragon, the light attacks are still quite devastating to my dark opponents... and most of my opponents do happen to be of the dark elemental. Since most attacks for a Nidhogg are either of the Draconic or Dark "element", they aren't very useful against other opponents with similar ability.

Of course I also have a tendency to inflict minor status defects in attacks. They may be small, but it builds up over time. Lowering speed/agility, and then increasing your own drastically can become quite a good advantage.

Me a master strategist? No way, but I've got a good thing going for me so far. Wink

...And the gods laughed maniacally upon the sight of the horrific suffering Apocalypse withstood...
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 23, 2005 23:34

Actually, the Whirlpool/Wing Speed strategy is one of the greatest things a Nidhogg can pull off. Well, mostly 'cause Whirlpool is one of Hogg's few SL2 Castings (poor guy).

I mean, dude! You were getting quite a few double-acts in on your opponents. That is good by any standard.

The Rood was really not cheating; that is what the Relic grabs are for. They give members the opportunity to use a relic they will never have a shot at again.
  It is just a terrible thing to become accustomed to Tongue Unless you get a Light-elemental B-Monster. Let's see... * checks *
  Uh... do you like chickens? You can get a chicken. A light chicken.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 18:52 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022