Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 3:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Another Question

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 13, 2005 14:07
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have noticed that some attacks target groups. Are there group vs group battles, or free for all battles such as 10 peoples in an arena and last man standing wins?

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 13, 2005 15:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I believe that largely exists for the RPG where multiple enemies can be encountered. Doing so (you opt to hit all, or something) reduces the spell level of a tech by one, I do believe.

So, if you had a SL3 Hit-all ban, it would do SL2 damage. Likewise, a SL2 Virtue-Up For Party tech would only up everyone's Virtue by SL1 uppage.

I believe this is correct, unless stuff has changed or I'm an idiot.

"But you'll kill us all!"
  "But ice cream cake!"
  - The Simpsons, Treehouse of Horror XV
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 13, 2005 16:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorta right, but no SL2-group hitters exist; only three and up.

That, and the whole thing gets messy when you have group-effecting techs that have more than one effect...

Free-for-all battles will never exist... ever. I does not matter the size -- three or one hundred. Such fights just become "gang up on the guy who is most likely to win" instead of true royales.

Two-on-two fights were supposed to be made, and in fact, they can exist as the code accomodates more than two fighters. However, it is not worth implementing the challenging code and AI targetting for this brand of battling just because of how few members actually own familiars of a close enough level to battle with one another (within five). I think Eagle, Gobbo, and Ash10 may be the only ones who can do this. Get more than three (or ten Slanted Mouth ) members to that point and then we can talk.

If I allowed members to team up with familiars that are not their own, the flood gates would be open for illegal, duplicate accounts, so you will never see that, either.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 3:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022