Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 6:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Shutup Prime Tourney

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 11, 2005 19:51
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Quick question on this. I noticed that on day three I was suppose to fight Culex's Blade, I have just been able to access the site again and do not see this battle having taken place. Im sure it probably did but it is showing for that battle
  lymfada: Undet.
  Culex: Undet.

Currently im in day 4 battling Boo

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
draggy1234

Member #97

Feb 11, 2005 22:22
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Probably related to this is the fact that Culex and Blade are currently signed up for the First Heart Break tournament.
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 11, 2005 23:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Or not.

After all, they start of different days, and the system perfectly compromises for multiple, simultaneous tourneys.

What happened here is that Lymfada heals way too much; the fights cannot end in one day.
  What happened is that for some reason, it did not default to a draw for an unfinished match. I'll have to go in and fix it.
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 11, 2005 23:35

Well sometimes you have to heal, especiall when you get slowed way down. I never thought you could heal to much lol.

Lym
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 12, 2005 24:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, back in the day with magic, this was never really a problem. Hydras were only bad because both sides would use an insane amount of healing attacks, but they at least still died.

Healing plus a virtue raise is causing quite a few head-aches. I mean, sure, if one side just started to frickin' attack, they would win, but it does not look like this game of fenix-chicken is going to end peacefully any time soon....

I really wish I wrote down that method of mine for restricting continuous healing in magic-recovery M4 Slanted Mouth
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 12, 2005 10:31

Mint,
   I have a suggestion, I dont know how difficult it would be to write in script but if after sudden death in Tourneys if it is still a draw due to healing you could have it look for who did the most damage during the fight and that would determine a winner. I dont know if that is a feasable idea but it sounds good on paper lol.

Lym
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 12, 2005 11:33

Sounds good, but it would be a little hard to tell if healing was to blame. I mean, that might call for some sorta heal counter and that would just add complications most likely.

Funny thing is, I thought Ems already had (or was planning to add) some sort of "sudden death" thing that just passed the act time by many fold when the later hours were reached to churn out a victor faster.

"Thank you, Spanky San, for giving Ling-Ling honor in hat form."
  - Drawn Together
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 13, 2005 11:49

Yeah, sudden death is entered, but you guys broke the script.

Wow, so healing must suck, right?

Wrong! Random AI sucks. Once you guys start going into infinite time, your AIs run out and you start using things randomly, which largely means SL1 techs. Those aren't gonna do anything.

The AI loop feature would certainly do away with this sorta thing...

Remaining life is a bad way to figure a draw. If the battle has lasted that long, chances are that the one with the lower life is only in such a position due to all of the supplemental effects building up on it for an easy kill, not that it has been fighting more poorly.
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 13, 2005 14:02

Mint if you have made it so we can't break it, sweet. If not what I meant was the creature that did the most damage gets the win. Lets say during the course of the fight I have done 500 pts of damage but due to healing the guy just wont die, and the guy/gal fighting me has done 750 pts of damage to me but due to my superior healing ability I just refuse to die. Well the guy that did the most damage during the fight gets the win, not who has the most hit points left. By the way sorry about breaking the code.

Lym
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 13, 2005 16:19

You didn't break the code, really; few people would be so stupid as to make a battle go on infinitely (which they can, too, by only using non-damaging techs).

Your problem came in when your AI ran out alone, which under infinite time, anyone's AI would have to run out eventually.
  If you were able to set up loops, like I mentioned, this sort of problem could be avoided.

Also like I mentioned before, the amount of damage dealt means very little when determining who would win in a no-kill situation. Sure, one person has more damage than the other, but does the opponent have plus-ten to every attack category and an opponent with entirely blasted defenses? If they were not causing damage, they had to be doing something.
  If I did the damage thing, that would down-play supplemental attacks even more than they currently are, and there is no way I am going to do that.
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 13, 2005 17:03

OH ok. Just trying to help, I know since my main ability is centered around healing I will be using it a lot. On a side note the only reason I got a Bennu was because it was new when I found this site. I had no idea what it did.

Lym
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 25, 2024 6:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022